The truth about cheap chicken....

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
"Two-thirds of fresh retail chicken in UK contaminated with campylobacter"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... pylobacter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Horrific. Even the fact that chicken is made in a factory says it all.

ctfc-fan
That's why you have to be very careful with cooking, storing and preparing chicken.

I don't believe it's the factory's fault their contaminated, I thought it was a natural occurring thing just like most humans carry the MRSA virus.
Malabus
Tell the dopey teenagers queuing up at KFC paying big bucks for murdered chickens.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:That's why you have to be very careful with cooking, storing and preparing chicken.

I don't believe it's the factory's fault their contaminated, I thought it was a natural occurring thing just like most humans carry the MRSA virus.
Why the need for such intensive mass processing is my main point? People buy a cheap chicken and imagine it's a bird that's been walking around a field or farm clucking away and pecking at corn, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
ctfc-fan
It's all about affordability. If someone cannot afford a super duper free range chicken then they're going to buy the cheaper version.
Nesty
I went for an interview once at a well known chicken farm in Hereturdshire, during the course of the morning I was treated to the usual HR chitchat and the average life expectancy of a "chicken" was 7 days. That was 20 years ago, god knows what it is now.
They also revealed that the favourite part of the chickens were the legs, so they were trying to genetically produce chickens with three legs. Only trouble was they were so successful in producing these triple legged birds, they moved so quick they couldn't catch them.
C.V
Really :roll:
asl
When my lad was a toddler, one of the big cartoons of the era was Cow and Chicken. It was actually quite funny in places - especially when it featured Chicken's relative, Cousin Boneless.
Nesty
Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."
She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed.
My parents told me to always tell the truth.
I did.
Fried chicken is my favorite animal.
I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA.
He said they love animals very much.
I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office.
I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.
The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was.
I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken..
She sent me back to the principal's office.
He laughed, and told me not to do it again.
I don't understand.
My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.
Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.
I told her, "Colonel Sanders."
Guess where I am now....