CCHQ

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
First, doctoring a video of Starmer.
Now, rebranding its Twitter account to represent itself as an independent fact checking feed.

I'm politically neutral these days and have voted Conservative before, but the actions of CCHQ are beyond the pale.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Here is the shameful moment HP is referring to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50482637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We saw such stories in history at school when Studying Stalin’s rise to prominence and events like that, but I never thought I would see a similar thing in 21st Century politics, especially not in the U.K.

As HP states, beyond the pale. It feels uncomfortable to see it in our own country.
asl
Neither 'leader' came away from last night's debate with any credit. A strong opposition would have been destroying this government for the last three years: the fact that they haven't shows how weak they are. I'm a firm believer in democracy and I believe that every strong government requires a strong opposition. We have neither.
kora
I've never been a big fan of the Conservatives, but recently they have been reaching new lows in British politics. The constant lying, try any dirty tricks Dominic Cummings can come up with attitude has made me lose all respect for them. These tactics may work in America where the average IQ is about the same as a poodle, but surely the better educated, more intelligent people here cannot fall for this disgusting behaviour which is dragging the most important election for a long time into the gutter that Trump has achieved over the puddle.
Shade
I couldn't care less. I'm sure most others couldn't either. Storm in a tea cup being blown up by the few that do care or are desperate to gain from it.
kora
If you think being lied to over and over again in the build up to a very important election by one of the main parties is trivial, then you can't have much interest in what is happening to your country.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:I couldn't care less. I'm sure most others couldn't either. Storm in a tea cup being blown up by the few that do care or are desperate to gain from it.
Yep, hardly earth shattering given it is clear from the twitter feed who it belongs to. Unless of course you can't read. They all lie daily on most matters, so as you say. Past caring, Have voted Green last few times as admired their stance of putting our planet first. Now it seems, that fine stance has to take a back seat. Seems the greatest threat to our planet now is Brexit. Hope they don't expect me to return to supporting them, when / if they change their mind about what is more important. Laughable
Shade
kora wrote:If you think being lied to over and over again in the build up to a very important election by one of the main parties is trivial, then you can't have much interest in what is happening to your country.
They didn't lie to me.
Old Coventrian
Shade wrote:
kora wrote:If you think being lied to over and over again in the build up to a very important election by one of the main parties is trivial, then you can't have much interest in what is happening to your country.
They didn't lie to me.

Of course they did - they can't open their mouths without lying and dissembling. Bully for you - you are obviously perspicacious enough to recognise that. Unfortunately lots of people do not have that talent and it does not change the fact that they did it. That they even think they can get away it show how little respect they have for the electorate.
asl
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics ... 1121190952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Old Coventrian wrote:
Shade wrote:
They didn't lie to me.

Of course they did - they can't open their mouths without lying and dissembling. Bully for you - you are obviously perspicacious enough to recognise that. Unfortunately lots of people do not have that talent and it does not change the fact that they did it. That they even think they can get away it show how little respect they have for the electorate.
Labour are no different.

In this instance, regarding the twitter account, it is literally a nothing story that is being used by the desperate. Only utter plebs that shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place, or people that don't use twitter and don't understand how it works, would have been fooled by the obvious Tory account that was calling itself Fact Checker UK for a few hours.
Ihearye
Shade, please don't attempt to remove the divine right. For people to be offended on your behalf ;)