Jack Deaman

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Salopian
Hi guys,

I don't know if he's left you, but I see Jack Deaman was on trial with our local rivals AFC Telford United tonight, and from previous visits here I've gathered he's not the most popular player within this board and a few are keen for him to be moved so, so thought I'd let you know this, but apologies if I'm way behind the news and he has left you and you couldn't give one.

Good luck for the forthcoming season, hope to see you back in the league again soon.
asl
I don't think anyone has a lot bad to say of him - it's just that nobody really thinks he's good enough for a League 2 team (or one that aspires to be one...)
Shade
I like him. Just think he's got too many mistakes in him.
Robin
Agree with the others it's nothing personal just a player who wasn't really good enough for us, hopefully he can get fixed up at Telford and we can get him off our wage bill.
horlickfanclub
He is a good prospect Salopian. He just needs to play every week.
solihullkev
Not sure I concluded he wasn't good enough. We were a team in utter turmoil and other defenders were not at their best. Couldn't fault his attitude and I wish him well wherever he goes. Certainly far from written off.
theidlerich
Must admit I liked th eguy; good effort, made a few mistakes [as all the squad did last season]; judgement shaky at times, but felt he improved with time and games. He also looked ok in the friendlies I saw [in fact would put him ahead of one or two that seem to be guaranteed a slot. I wish him well for his future.
Old Coventrian
Don't remember faulting him for effort. Distribution very suspect however.
CTFC_Forever
Have to say that he did not get the right support around him and any flaws with distribution could have been ironed out. Shame for the lad so I wish him all the best should he get a move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reliant Robin
He was much maligned and didn't deserve to be. Sadly, Jack was part of a squad that got a verbal hammering last season from all quarters because it was a poor season, but Jack was a young centre half finding his way in pro football. Central Defenders take a while to mature into the role and Jack needs more experience, but he certainly has promise. I will not forget how well he contained the beast that is Bayo Akinfenwa when we played AFC Wimbledon at Whaddon Road last season. I remember being surprised tactically because Stevo Elliott played alongside Jack that day & Stevo had always previously marked Bayo so I was looking forward to that duel again - only to find Jack was put up against him - and Jack did very well indeed, winning the majority of headers and was not intimidated by the big man.
everyman
Shade wrote:I like him. Just think he's got too many mistakes in him.
He just needs to play games and toughen up,a good athlete and allways 100%.Good lad and family.
Would be good in national league for one season.
horlickfanclub
Great post by Reliant Robin