FGR vs Grimsby

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

cagliostro
Parkin should be off - disgusting tackle.....
Cag
Shade
Ralph wrote:
Shade wrote:And another miss! Complete airkick 6 yards out!
Thats why he has a 4 on his back. Should be doing the job he's paid to do lol
Shocking though. If it was at the other end and he was kicking it away from goal... It's all in the mind.

The only thing that FGR can be happy about this afternoon is that in 11 mo ths they should be celebrating an easy title win. Unfortunately.
Shade
As I said, Marsh-Brown only turns up for big games. s#!t keeping from McKeown really.
baggy89
Some hit!
Ralph
If Grimsby screw this up, they should be banished to Park for eternity
paperboy
cagliostro wrote:Parkin should be off - disgusting tackle.....
Cag
Yep,must a certainty for a three match ban on review.
Doubt he'll be with FGR whatever Div they're in.
asl
paperboy wrote: Yep,must a certainty for a three match ban on review.
Only if the ref didn't see the incident. If the ref awarded a free kick (I'm watching the tennis) then the review panel won't convene.
Shade
Where have 5 mins added time come from? Not that it should bother Grimsby too much. FGR lost all their momentum.
Shade
3-1. Well I'm happier with that result than if FGR had won. Should be 2 guaranteed wins next season................

Just a shame the Grimsby fans have something to cheer about. They'll be thinking they're the best team in League 2 now.
Ralph
HaHaHaha!!!
Nesty
good reading on BBC website

But Forest Green, who had finished nine points above Grimsby in the league table, could not find an equaliser despite a spirited fight-back.

Rovers, who sacked manager Ady Pennock one week before the start of their semi-final against Dover to "boost their chances in the play-offs", had set a fifth-tier record of nine consecutive wins to start the season, before being beaten to the league title by Cheltenham Town.

eat your heart out Bob Hunt
paperboy
...were dominant til they let in two soft goals followed by the miss of the season by the beast.
Was Elliot Frear on the pitch?
Shade
paperboy wrote:...were dominant til they let in two soft goals followed by the miss of the season by the beast.
Don't think he was fully fit.
paperboy
Shade wrote:
paperboy wrote:...were dominant til they let in two soft goals followed by the miss of the season by the beast.
Don't think he was fully fit.
..ah of course. :)
Shade
I dunno. They said he was a doubt before the match after going off injured in the second leg last week.
Oldun
Well thanks but no thanks on Frear I am hard pressed to think of any one on the pitch today who would add anything better to the players we have already.
Reliant Robin
There are a lot of players in that FGR team that will need replacing, a lot of them are clearly past it and the rest of them don't have the bottle to battle when it matters.

When Dale Vince bought the football club, he mistakenly thought he was in a pet shop. Either way he was sold a pup.

Maybe he should have gone into a DIY store instead, he could have asked,

"How much are these Nails Worth?"

It just shows, money can't buy you everything.
mozzo
The way I see it is that every season forest green stay non league is another year the long standing loyal fans get to keep their club.
Chill
Really pleased with the result, as the only league club in Glos again hopefully every one of our games will be live on Radio Glos FM as use to be the case. Glad not to have to see Parkin, Carter & Pipe next season, surely Parkin is finished now. Enjoy Solihull & Nth Ferriby FGR
London Exile
I feel sorry for all the FGR fans that were there before DV's Ecotricity takeover.
I appreciate as owner he's put more than a fair share of his money in but in the process he's fobbed off the traditional club colours and forced his lifestyle choices on the club too. His sustainable approach is very commendable but it's not something everyone wants to follow.

Regarding the FGR following today I've seen lots of mentions from green devil supporters about being the 'little club on the hill' but ironically under DV's chairmanship they're moving away from that.
The involvement of Ecotricity and the move to Stonehouse is about appealing to the whole of the Stroud valley and beyond and to only take 4-5k tells a story.
King giraffe iii
Who are the Green Devils? I keep hearing it.
Benctfc
Better team won and it's nice to see a proper football club joining us in the league. Will be nice to be Gloucestershire's only fl club again and hopefully getting all games on back on bbc glos again.
Robin
4500 FGR fans and 13,000 Grimsby I reckon we would have taken around 10,000 had it been us.
London Exile
As pleased as I was DV's circus didn't win today I wouldn't bet against Cooper taking them to the title next season. He's certainly an improvement on Pennock and as such I wouldn't be surprised if DV entrusted more money to Cooper for plated recruitment than he did with Pennock.
everyman
Shade wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Shade wrote:And another miss! Complete airkick 6 yards out!
Thats why he has a 4 on his back. Should be doing the job he's paid to do lol
Shocking though. If it was at the other end and he was kicking it away from goal... It's all in the mind.

The only thing that FGR can be happy about this afternoon is that in 11 mo ths they should be celebrating an easy title win. Unfortunately.
I don`t think it will be that simple,they will need to build a new team judging by recent results and they haven`t got Gary have they !
asl
I also think FGR will walk it next year. I don't see either the Daggers or York doing what we did. I don't even see them getting as close as Tranmere did.
Fuller
Just glad we are back in the FL.
The National League will again be a tough division to get out of next season.
Gary and the boys did an unbelievable job to get us back up. Failure would probably have meant years of struggle.
And to think FGR won nine on the bounce at the beginning of the season too.
andgarod
as Danny wright sang **** Forrest Green repeat **** Forest Green
drgm
Nice to see a proper football club return to the football league.
El Glossico would have been nice and the bumper crowd would have swelled the coffers a bit but most
of the extra fans through the turnstiles would have been ours.

It's another season in the Vanarama for FGR and another two and a half million quid dribbling out of Dale
Vince's money box. Maybe we can offer their supporters a season ticket swap lol

I feel sorry for genuine fans like Chris and Giraffe who must hardly recognise the club they have supported for so long.
Once the dream move to Stonehouse is complete they will be FGR in name only. So sad.

Poor Scott Bartlett. He had Parkin in his ear on the touchline and Cooper taking over the dressing room at half time. What
a shambles.
Artemis
drgm wrote:Nice to see a proper football club return to the football league.
El Glossico would have been nice and the bumper crowd would have swelled the coffers a bit but most

It's another season in the Vanarama for FGR and another two and a half million quid dribbling out of Dale

I feel sorry for genuine fans like Chris and Giraffe who must hardly recognise the club they have supported for so long.
Once the dream move to Stonehouse is complete they will be FGR in name only. So sad.

Poor Scott Bartlett. He had Parkin in his ear on the touchline and Cooper taking over the dressing room at half time. What
a shambles.
Yeah, that does seem weird. Sack Pennock, appoint a caretaker who improves the performances during the playoff semis, then appoint a new manager and have him involved with the team in the final.
King giraffe iii

a shambles.
Cooper should have been nowhere near the squad today. Made no sense at all.

I shall be back at FGR next season, but if the move away from Forest Green occurs then I'm really not sure. I can live with the badge and the kit. But the move?
Ralph
King giraffe iii wrote:

a shambles.
Cooper should have been nowhere near the squad today. Made no sense at all.

I shall be back at FGR next season, but if the move away from Forest Green occurs then I'm really not sure. I can live with the badge and the kit. But the move?
don't forget the name change when the move happens
Jeff Lynne
You would think DV would give up and go home. Several million quid and he still hasn't bought his way into the FL.

It makes you wonder how he managed to make any money in the first place.
London Exile
After last season I seem to recall reading that we swapped squad numbers with Bristol Rovers as our FL ones were no longer required and they didn't need their non league ones.

Perhaps we could offer ours from this season to FGR :D
Malabus
longmover wrote:Could we afford Marsh-Brown?
Rumours are he doesn't put much effort in, can be a typical 'hot and cold' player. Maybe GJ could up his work rate. Think we wouldn't go there.

Unlucky FGR, sorry for everyone involved in the club. Hard to lose a play off final.

Cheltenham fans should be more understanding.