Swansea Tuesday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
This game seems to have gone off the radar.
No ticket info on website. What parts of the ground are open and is it a fiver anywhere ?
Could see the links of Page and Thomas get a run out I wonder. Or a strong side and put another £10k in the kitty ?
Whose going ? I reckon a crowd of 1,036.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ticket info was announced on Saturday. £5 adults, £3 concs. I don't think the Colin Farmer is open, but not sure on H or SS.
horlickfanclub
Still no news that I have seen. I am going if the Colin Farmer is open .
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:Still no news that I have seen. I am going if the Colin Farmer is open .
We were saying on sat.the official site is so pathetic and slow to update,surely these days there are so many young people with the skills reqd.to run it more efficiently.
Fuller
Yes it's disappointing, I expect there are plenty out there that are not even aware there is a game on tomorrow night and it was re-arranged from the original date.

Good chance to get some youngsters in, it's cheap entry and it's school holidays.

Surely in this day and age it would not take 5 minutes to get the info up on the website.

Lots of very good things going on at the club, just little things somewhat annoying at times. Like on Saturday at half time the one TV that was on and working in the CF Stand was showing an edition of "Escape to the Country" ! Couldn't someone at the club have tuned the TV in to get the half times footy scores to come on ? Me and an older fan where having a good chuckle about that ! It's just a bit amateurish at times.

Little moan over. Now get the Swansea details on the website.
tunnelvision
everyman wrote:We were saying on sat.the official site is so pathetic and slow to update,surely these days there are so many young people with the skills reqd.to run it more efficiently.
I find it unbelievable for a commercial operation. For instance, the only player photo in the First Team is Harry Pell, which is actually one more than the last time I looked. Even the Cheltenham Ladies team has photos of the players FFS!

I suppose it'd be asking too much for a player profile too. :roll:
CS85
I found all information on the official site :lol:
little mo
If you have ever tried to buy anything from the club shop online,good luck. On the official club site i just could not find a link, eventually found it by clicking on "more", click on shop and all it comes up with is the next fixture. It has been like that since before the Bristol city friendly at least.
Wanted to buy my Grandson the new away shirt for his birthday. Managed to get him one at the shop on Saturday, better late than never. I live up north so could not just pop in the shop before. God knows how much revenue we have lost or how long it has been like this. Sometimes we are so non league ( sorry Robin ). Message to club, IT IS 2017 NOT 1917.
Shade
little mo wrote:If you have ever tried to buy anything from the club shop online,good luck. On the official club site i just could not find a link, eventually found it by clicking on "more", click on shop and all it comes up with is the next fixture. It has been like that since before the Bristol city friendly at least.
Wanted to buy my Grandson the new away shirt for his birthday. Managed to get him one at the shop on Saturday, better late than never. I live up north so could not just pop in the shop before. God knows how much revenue we have lost or how long it has been like this. Sometimes we are so non league ( sorry Robin ). Message to club, IT IS 2017 NOT 1917.
The club announced a couple of months ago that they're taking back the running of the club shop from a franchise and it will be closed until, I think, the end of August. It should hopefully improve vastly then.
Shade
From JP on GlosLive:

Swansea fans will be housed in blocks six and seven of the Colin Farmer Stand as well as blocks one and two of the Hazlewoods Stand.

Cheltenham fans will be in the Autovillage (main) Stand and Paddock areas. All other areas of the stadium will be closed.
horlickfanclub
Poor decision by the club.
Shade
From what I heard on the radio, Swansea fans were in the CF, and some Cheltenham fans were in the Hazlewoods.
ThelmaChen
Shade wrote:From what I heard on the radio, Swansea fans were in the CF, and some Cheltenham fans were in the Hazlewoods.

Yes. Half of the Hazlewoods was available to home fans.
Shade
http://www.skysports.com/football/chelt ... u21/380691" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We lost, but George Lloyd scored...
confused.com
Think I will bypass the risk of main stand inspired DVT and give this one a miss! Poor way to treat home fans IMHO
bennox
confused.com wrote:Think I will bypass the risk of main stand inspired DVT and give this one a miss! Poor way to treat home fans IMHO
It was last night.
Player2 Has Joined
confused.com wrote:Think I will bypass the risk of main stand inspired DVT and give this one a miss! Poor way to treat home fans IMHO
Half of the away end was open for home fans to sit too. There was plenty of room. Also at £5 a ticket, don't see it as treating home fans poorly.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Fuller
Crikey those seats in the old main stand should come with a health warning, talk about sardines in a tin/economy class/etc.

Luckily we had two seats each. The old stand is certainly coming to the end of it's sell by date for sure. Nice view of Cleeve Hill though ....
Shade
I haven't sat in the Main Stand for probably 11 years, a reserve game when Ashley Vincent was in there and they went the season unbeaten. Think it was '06 as Vincent broke into the team toward the end of the season before we went into the play-offs. I think I lasted 7 minutes before giving up and standing down the bottom. Never again.
horlickfanclub
Player 2 has missed the fact that it was not announced that the away end would be available to home fans on the Club site ,press or here. So it was poor by the Club.
Fuller
horlickfanclub wrote:Player 2 has missed the fact that it was not announced that the away end would be available to home fans on the Club site ,press or here. So it was poor by the Club.
Quite. When I got to the ground I could not understand why there were so many Robins shirts in the area that was allocated to Swansea i.e. half of the Hazlewoods.
And thought it was a bit odd that the Whaddon Rd entrance was shut up when I went past.
Not sure how so many Robins fans realised they could sit in the Hazlewoods - if I had known that, I would have sat in there from the beginning.
Presuming there is more leg room in the Hazlewoods ?
Johnsons Red Army
Fuller wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Player 2 has missed the fact that it was not announced that the away end would be available to home fans on the Club site ,press or here. So it was poor by the Club.
Presuming there is more leg room in the Hazlewoods ?
Definitely more leg room in the Hazlewoods. I sat there last year or the one before for one of the cup games.
Andy
Hazlewoods has similar leg room to CF stand if you've been in there. Certainly a lot more room than main stand. I'm over 6 foot and of a large (fat ba....d) build and have no issues in the CF or Hazlewood seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk