Ecotricity in trouble?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ThelmaChen
From the Echo site.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... ce-1680779" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If I was an Ecotricity employee who had been made redundant or who is at risk I would be very unhappy that the company has bailed out a loss making football club to the tune of £2-3million a year for the last few years.
Si Robin
My sister was made redundant there last year and she placed the blame firmly on Vince's interest in FGR.

Speaking as someone who was given their notice of redundancy just this past week and doesn't yet have anything lined up for when I do leave my current role, my thoughts are with those about to be let go there - it's a horrible place to be in at the moment.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:My sister was made redundant there last year and she placed the blame firmly on Vince's interest in FGR.

Speaking as someone who was given their notice of redundancy just this past week and doesn't yet have anything lined up for when I do leave my current role, my thoughts are with those about to be let go there - it's a horrible place to be in at the moment.
Sorry to hear that Si. Sad news.

Certainly shows the friendly and sustainable little club on the hill in a new light; a marketing folly causing sadness and pain in the lives of people who were settled in decent jobs.
asl
Best of luck in the search, Si. It might be scary at the moment, but it could turn out to be the start of something new and much better. It certainly did when it happened to me six years ago.
Nesty
yes, good luck Si
Si Robin
Cheers all, I'm confident I'll find something, and there's still a couple of months to go yet - this is the first time I've been in this position though, whenever I've left a job before it's been of my own making.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Cheers all, I'm confident I'll find something, and there's still a couple of months to go yet - this is the first time I've been in this position though, whenever I've left a job before it's been of my own making.
Company I worked at went bust in February 2017. It happened very quickly.

Luckily for me, I was able to quickly move into a job back down in Cheltenham which was a good escape and perfect timing as they needed an experienced hire asap. Even if the pay was lower it was a slightly different type of work and learning those skills was a positive.

I was also able to register my own company over night and act as a subcontractor to the former Directors who needed to complete live projects I had been working on to get money in for the liquidators.

This did mean that I was away from own home and wife, however, 7 months later I had moved back up to a job in Newcastle, at a company I had been tracking for a couple of years, earning about 40% more than I was before redundancy; again good timing as they were expanding.

It is distressing and unnerving, but keep your confidence up and you'll land on your feet I am sure.
Malabus
Si Robin wrote:My sister was made redundant there last year and she placed the blame firmly on Vince's interest in FGR.

All the best Si. Hope you get a decent payout.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
London Exile

I echo the above comments Si, all the best and I’m sure you’ll find something.
It happened to me and even though it’s not nice, it turned out for the better
Chris FGR
That's a big loss. Sorry to see anyone losing their jobs, especially at this point in time. According to Vince the football club made a profit last season so that's something at least.

The worry for some FGR fans will be that if Ecotricity is that badly run, then it hardly bodes well for how the club's being run either.
Lord Elpuz
Good luck to you Si Robin - work on your CV and join a Recruitment Agency. They will even help with the CV, making sure it is fit for purpose in the current job climate, and will get you interviews. As others have eluded, sometimes things happen for a reason and very positive things can come from these situations. The important thing is to remain upbeat and positive and keep taking constructive actions towards getting a new job.

I feel for the Ecotricity staff too. We all knew that things would turn sour in time, but didn’t think it would happen that quickly. If FGR get dragged into it, then their recent signings are going to be very worried about their own decision processes, especially if payment of wages becomes a problem. I can’t see how FGR’s owner can justify funding player recruitment when the Ecotricity staff are being made redundant.

Footnote Edit: Just taken a peep on FGR Forum, nothing appearing on there yet, but hardly surprising, given there is less freedom of expression in Nailsworth than there is in North Korea.
ctfc-fan
Chris FGR wrote:The worry for some FGR fans will be that if Ecotricity is that badly run, then it hardly bodes well for how the club's being run either.
Can you really not see it?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:Good luck to you Si Robin - work on your CV and join a Recruitment Agency. They will even help with the CV, making sure it is fit for purpose in the current job climate, and will get you interviews. As others have eluded, sometimes things happen for a reason and very positive things can come from these situations. The important thing is to remain upbeat and positive and keep taking constructive actions towards getting a new job.

I feel for the Ecotricity staff too. We all knew that things would turn sour in time, but didn’t think it would happen that quickly. If FGR get dragged into it, then their recent signings are going to be very worried about their own decision processes, especially if payment of wages becomes a problem. I can’t see how FGR’s owner can justify funding player recruitment when the Ecotricity staff are being made redundant.

Footnote Edit: Just taken a peep on FGR Forum, nothing appearing on there yet, but hardly surprising, given there is less freedom of expression in Nailsworth than there is in North Korea.
It won’t be allowed on that forum. The moderators are instructed to remove any critical posts or bad news stories.

I would argue it is wilful mismanagement by Ecotricity directors who have made decisions knowing they would be damaging to business and put jobs at risk.
Andy

Sorry to hear this Si (not that I know you). I’ve been made redundant three times now (having had three jobs since leaving school - now on my fourth). It can be a positive thing, each time I have moved on to better things so good luck to you.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ralph
Good luck Si

This is typical DV BS
I like to be open about issues we face and how we’re dealing with them, and I think that helps us to face them together."
He's not losing his job. So it's hardly facing it together

Still nothing on the FGR forum :lol: The mods are active deleting any negatives today i'm sure