Loan striker close

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Details here: http://bit.ly/LoanSwan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Gamble. Not the experienced head we need.
Robin
I know we are desperate but surely we can do better than an unproven kid from a Championship team yet again?
Shade
Rodon has started 2/3 games in the Championship this season!? I don't remember him being anywhere near that level.

But no, not exactly the signing that is going to immediately get some people off his back.
shevates
What were you honestly expecting. He didnt get quality in b4 the season started, so im not surprised weve ended up with this lad. I wish him all the best though
Artemis
Whomever he signs they'll be one or more of too young / old / shite / sicknote / non league / pensioner / not enough goals.....

Let's face it, we're hardly an attractive proposition for a patent club, so shall we give the lad a chance and some positive encouragement?
Ladyrobin
No disrespect to the young man, and I hope he does well, BUT he is not experienced and has spent the majority of his career in very low leagues.
I cannot see him being the man we need leading our forwards.
I hope I am wrong.
Del Boy
shevates wrote:What were you honestly expecting. He didnt get quality in b4 the season started, so im not surprised weve ended up with this lad. I wish him all the best though
Exactly. The players we needed will all have got clubs weeks ago.
darreno
How much 'experience' did Mo Eisa have of the EFL before we signed him? This lad must have some ability if he's gone from Romulus to a two year contract at Swansea.
Robin
Ladyrobin wrote:No disrespect to the young man, and I hope he does well, BUT he is not experienced and has spent the majority of his career in very low leagues.
I cannot see him being the man we need leading our forwards.
I hope I am wrong.
Exactly it's nothing against this young lad but other similar and smaller teams can attract proven strikers and money cannot be the issue now. It just feels like a huge gamble and a panic signing unless the other striker coming in has more pedigree.
Robin
Del Boy wrote:
shevates wrote:What were you honestly expecting. He didnt get quality in b4 the season started, so im not surprised weve ended up with this lad. I wish him all the best though
Exactly. The players we needed will all have got clubs weeks ago.
We shouldn't even be looking at free transfers we should be paying a decent fee for someone from a smaller club or one with money issues.
horlickfanclub
Its too late for that Robin. If this lad signs on loan has better experience that what we have. We have January for the new Manager to sort things out.
Nesty
par for the course I am afraid - this is the kind of loan deal we should be after https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45252134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; experience
Nesty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45223645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Our geographical location nearly always goes against us when we're after more experienced players that have options available to them at this level. If you are from the north or London areas and you have a team within an hour of your home, or Cheltenham offering a very similar deal, you're going to go with the club closer to home. That's a big reason why we end up with players trying to make their way in the game - they have to make sacrifices to their personal lives more than the experienced players.
Artemis
Nesty, how do you know we weren't after Wes Thomas? He may not have wanted to come back to CTFC after the vitriol he got when he last played at WR - who knows. None of us, that's for sure.
Artemis
I doubt location is the reason (but don't know for sure) that geography is an issue for Thomas, particularly compared to Grimsby.
But for other players, yes, I agree it can be.
East End Robin
To be honest I'm not going to write this lad off before he's even signed, let alone alone played. He's not the experienced head we want, but that's a ship that has sailed now the transfer window has shut. We are where we are and now we're forced to use the loan market, so experience is unlikely to be an option. If he can win a header up top then that's a good start.
Robin
We can still sign players on loan with a commitment to buy in January, it's harder but not impossible especially from league one sides with out of favour players or league two sides low on cash (Bury, Yeovil, Morecambe come to mind).
shevates
darreno wrote:How much 'experience' did Mo Eisa have of the EFL before we signed him? This lad must have some ability if he's gone from Romulus to a two year contract at Swansea.
I know what you are saying, BUT how often do the likes of Mo come along once in a blue moon. Our forward line consists of three totally non experieced EFL players, a player who dosnt hit the net that often and was on his way to the non league scene until we intervened and gave him a 2 year deal, and of course we have a young lad of our own whose scored 2 goals in 3 starts and 4 sub appearances who dosnt even get a look in.
Artemis
And as Gary repeatedly says, it isn't until the very end of the window that clubs really decide who's out of favour and won't get a game.
We still have over a week to go.
And even then, they'd have to be really out of favour, and the calls will no doubt be why is he so out of favour.

Are there any strikers at the so called cash light clubs we might want?
SOFT MACHINE
This is nothing about the guy as a footballer. It is, however, a panic acquisition. I can hear the subsequent conversation now with the chairman. "well, boss, you said get us a striker and he is one........".
Nesty
SOFT MACHINE wrote:This is nothing about the guy as a footballer. It is, however, a panic acquisition. I can hear the subsequent conversation now with the chairman. "well, boss, you said get us a striker and he is one........".
you could just imagine the noise coming from Whaddon Road - it was the bottom of the barrel being scraped
Si Robin
A good write-up on the lad here, including an interview with his agent:
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... t-14492668

Whilst I understand people wanting to compare him to George Lloyd, but he's clearly a different type of forward, being 6'3. He could well be the "presence" that's been missing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:A good write-up on the lad here, including an interview with his agent:
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... t-14492668

Whilst I understand people wanting to compare him to George Lloyd, but he's clearly a different type of forward, being 6'3. He could well be the "presence" that's been missing.
Interesting read that, thanks. I know the agent has to big him up to get a deal but sounds like it could be promising.
Red dog
Bring in who we like!!!! If they don't get any service like at present nothing's going to change is it, we are desperate to fix the wrong part of the puzzle. Feed the forward get the goals it's simple.
Fuller
Not sure if we'll sign anyone now until a new manager comes in ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red dog wrote:Bring in who we like!!!! If they don't get any service like at present nothing's going to change is it, we are desperate to fix the wrong part of the puzzle. Feed the forward get the goals it's simple.
Excellent crosses in from Debayo and nice balls in from Broom and Maddox vs Carlisle. Striker was the issue as the build up play was the best I have seen for 2 years.
Red dog
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red dog wrote:Bring in who we like!!!! If they don't get any service like at present nothing's going to change is it, we are desperate to fix the wrong part of the puzzle. Feed the forward get the goals it's simple.
Excellent crosses in from Debayo and nice balls in from Broom and Maddox vs Carlisle. Striker was the issue as the build up play was the best I have seen for 2 years.
That happened about four times in 90mins in that game and those guy where so irratic last night also they never look up they just take a punt way to often and get lucky.