CTFC vs Crewe Alexandra Away Saturday March 30th 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Crewe Alexandra Away Saturday March 30th 2019

Probably the most solid display this season; no quick wizardry up front but ‘did that matter’? Not a jot! Excellent all round display, excellent goals, a few more decent shots than normal too. First half though we looked composed and well drilled; second half a little less but still a mature sensible outlook and more composed than we normally are in the last 20 mins or so. Would not wish to pick out a MoM; but thought Raglan, Dawson and Tillson played, arguably their best games so far. Officials ok, but mystified for an offside when the NT player put it down in 3m’s in our half! Obviously the offside rule has changed again…….. . Congrats to asl who has reached his double century, still ruling the roost.
So to Crewe ; if we can replicate that defensive display I’ll go for a draw at 1-1, with the Varney goal scoring machine to continue his run.

asl 200
RegencyCheltSpa 190
Johnsons Red Army 175
Theidlerich 155
Cliffy90 150
Joe's dad 135
Andy 130
Shade 125
Red Duke 110
pas 95
Shade
The offside rule changed a couple of seasons ago. The same time that just one man can take a kick off in any direction came in.
"The law tells you to give the free-kick in two different places. So, in future, the free-kick will always be given where he commits the offside offence, even if he is in his own half, because you cannot be in an offside position in your own half, but you can go back into your own half to commit an offside offence.”

However, I know the incident you're talking about as I heard somebody else talking about it and I thought it was given for a foul as our player went to ground and tried to win the ball from around their players legs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I feel sorry for Klopp and Pep; all that money and effort and still only the second most exciting title race this season.
bigdavejambo
Trevor Kettle is the referee
theidlerich
Re..the 'offside incident'; I'm sure the lino's flag went up?
asl
It was pretty much in front of me, if it's the incident I'm thinking of: I thought it was given for a foul.
Shade
Maybe the lino did put his flag up as well, but I'm sure the ref gave it as a foul anyway. No way he reacted that quickly to the flag.
drgm
Whilst were talking about offside - can anyone explain to me why Harry Kane's goal was not offside
against Montenegro?
Red Duke
drgm wrote:Whilst were talking about offside - can anyone explain to me why Harry Kane's goal was not offside
against Montenegro?
He was behind the ball when Sterling was in possession therefore onside.