Bristol Rovers v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this evening http://bit.ly/BristolRoversCup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alf
Looks like this is one to forget about. Doubt we’re going to pull this one back in the last ten minutes.
Ben3
Great news - let’s concentrate on the league ;)
Robin
I didn't go and didn't listen to it but was told we were absolutely dire tonight with only Lloyd, and the two loanees up to it.
Horteng
Another season of p!ss poor cup runs coming up then
MittonRobin
I went ! What a total waste of time. Yes I am having a melt down but that really was not good enough.

We were terrible, and looked like we could not be arsed one bit. What was the point in 400 odd people going to watch that rubbish. If the club isn't interested in progressing then just let the fans know because we have wasted our hard earned cash last night.

Leaders needed quickly because I saw none on the pitch last night.
Really pissed off !!
Si Robin
It's almost like we're good at home and poor away.

Who saw that coming?
Horteng
Si Robin wrote:It's almost like we're good at home and poor away.

Who saw that coming?
Needs addressing urgently. Something just isn't right
MittonRobin
Si Robin wrote:It's almost like we're good at home and poor away.

Who saw that coming?
Shall we just keep excepting that we are poo away and good at home?? Sorry but when I spend Hundreds of pounds each year I cannot except that.

Last night was a disgrace! WORDS USED BY THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE I SPOKE WITH last night.

Scunthorpe were not a good side Saturday, so don't let that result trick you in to thinking everything will be alright because I don't think it will be ( my opinion )
Si Robin
But then you never have - I don't think I've seen a single positive post from you.

Scunthorpe were shite and we put them to the sword - what more can you ask for. Funnily enough, 12 months ago the issue was our home form and our away form wasn't so bad. That's been turned around now and for the better in my view.

I believe it will get worked out eventually and I also believe we're in for a midtable season. I'd rather capitulate in the 1st round of the Carabao Cup than in a League game. We got hammered away to a team in the division above - it could have been worse. Barnsley in the Championship lost 3-0 at home to a team two divisions below them. I suspect they're not having a meltdown over it.
Si Robin
As I'm bored at work I decided to do some research, and do you know that for once my accusation is correct. MittonRobin has not made a single positive post on this board.

How odd is that?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:As I'm bored at work I decided to do some research, and do you know that for once my accusation is correct. MittonRobin has not made a single positive post on this board.

How odd is that?
They need to post more. Post enough and one is sure to say something positive at some point.
MittonRobin
Si Robin wrote:As I'm bored at work I decided to do some research, and do you know that for once my accusation is correct. MittonRobin has not made a single positive post on this board.

How odd is that?
I am old enough and wise enough not to bite, so I will keep to that.

Just as you can, I am aloud to post what I want and when I want on this forum. If we stay in the league I am 100% happy, that's all I am worried about right now. Again in my opinion these are worrying times again like they were last year. is that not a more than Fair comment? I don't see much difference in the two squads.

On another note I enjoyed my afternoon at the Game last Saturday. Surely that's a positive? Just pointing out that they were very poor.
Robin
To be fair as soon as I saw the team I decided not to listen to the commentary as I knew we'd underperform.

I do agree that we are in for a mid-table season but if so cup runs become super important to keep the fan base happy, so fielding a weakened side, getting things wrong tactically and for the players effort to be below expectation is a big kick in the teeth.
Robin
Mitton I don't see any danger of us being in a relegation scrap this year and would see at least eight teams likely to be worse than us (Cambridge, Macclesfield, Morecambe, Scunthorpe, Orient, Carlisle, Crawley and Port Vale). At this point even with a few concerns I'll be very suprisied if we don't finish 10th-15th in teh league.
Ihearye
Maybe we just needed Neil Lennon to get on the phone to MD at half time LOL
Hubert Parry
Also, no one forces you to spend money going to any game, let alone an away game. I've never understood why supporters feel a sense of entitlement in this respect. When you go to an away game, you have to take on the risk that you might see a bad result and/or an abject performance. That's football.
Si Robin
I'm with you on this HP. Never got it myself, it's like those people who demand reimbursement if a performance was particularly poor.

Some of my best away days have been our absolute worst performances - it's what you make of it. Even with the shocking performance last night, I would much rather have been there than stuck at home listening to it on the radio.
MittonRobin wrote:

How odd is that?

Just as you can, I am aloud to post what I want and when I want on this forum. If we stay in the league I am 100% happy, that's all I am worried about right now. Again in my opinion these are worrying times again like they were last year. is that not a more than Fair comment? I don't see much difference in the two squads.

On another note I enjoyed my afternoon at the Game last Saturday. Surely that's a positive? Just pointing out that they were very poor.
You are indeed completely entitled to your opinion. I just find it extremely strange that you haven't once posted that a game was particularly good, or that we're not looking like dead certs for relegation in the two years you've been posting on here. Whilst things haven't been great, to read your posts is to make us sound like Notts County last season or Bury this season. You come across as extremely pessimistic when it comes to the club, and things really aren't that bad. If you were to be believed we have never not been in worrying times.

The season is 3 games old, one of which is a cup game in a competition we always do shite in (never past the second round). If now is not the time for optimism then football may not be for you.
MittonRobin
Si Robin wrote:I'm with you on this HP. Never got it myself, it's like those people who demand reimbursement if a performance was particularly poor.

Some of my best away days have been our absolute worst performances - it's what you make of it. Even with the shocking performance last night, I would much rather have been there than stuck at home listening to it on the radio.
MittonRobin wrote:

How odd is that?

You are indeed completely entitled to your opinion. I just find it extremely strange that you haven't once posted that a game was particularly good, or that we're not looking like dead certs for relegation in the two years you've been posting on here. Whilst things haven't been great, to read your posts is to make us sound like Notts County last season or Bury this season. You come across as extremely pessimistic when it comes to the club, and things really aren't that bad. If you were to be believed we have never not been in worrying times.

The season is 3 games old, one of which is a cup game in a competition we always do shite in (never past the second round). If now is not the time for optimism then football may not be for you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get Back to work Matey, No need for me to Fall out with anyone, just having an opinion. xxx
asl
On the bright side: we're in the play-off zone! Wuh-hoo!! We. Are. Going. Up. Say we are going up!
Alf
Can’t understand why players find it difficult to motivate themselves for games like this.
Brighton at home would have been a nice little earner and a good experience for the players.
You can’t pick and choose the games you’re going to try in. Football doesn’t work like that.
You play every game as if it’s the most important game of the season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Can’t understand why players find it difficult to motivate themselves for games like this.
Brighton at home would have been a nice little earner and a good experience for the players.
You can’t pick and choose the games you’re going to try in. Football doesn’t work like that.
Who is to say they weren’t motivated or not trying? Playing poorly is not the same as not trying. In any sport one can try hard and be motivated but just perform poorly and below standard.

It is quite an accusation to say players aren’t trying.
Ihearye
Alf wrote:Can’t understand why players find it difficult to motivate themselves for games like this.
Think MD more or less suggesting the same where he says "they completely switched off'
Alf
Ihearye wrote:
Think MD more or less suggesting the same where he says "they completely switched off'
Thank you.
Ihearye
Alf wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
Thank you.
Not sure I needed thanks for agreeing, but thank You
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
So are you accusing the players of deliberately switching off because they were deliberately not bothering to switch on?

As per my last point, concentration lapses and mistakes happen all the time time in football when players are motivated and trying to win.

Just because they switched-off does not necessarily mean they weren’t trying.
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
So are you accusing the players of deliberately switching off because they were deliberately not bothering to switch on?

As per my last point, concentration lapses and mistakes happen all the time time in football when players are motivated and trying to win.

Just because they switched-off does not necessarily mean they weren’t trying.
You are arguing against yourself.
everyman
Ihearye wrote:
We need an old head in midfield,who can tackle and boss our young players a leader as has been mentioned ?