Thomas

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Just thought it was worth saying I thought he probably had his best game for us on Saturday. Earlier in the season I still had him down as our worst player but, whereas I think he still goes too weak into some tackles and loses concentration in periods when he gives the ball away repeatedly, he was very good on Saturday. Took his goal calmly, taking a touch when others may have skied it first time, as well.
THECHOIRBOY
It's an interesting one as our "sticky" spell coincided with his injury or thereabouts - 1 win in 6 without him. 2 wins and a draw since his return. Maybe one of these underrated players who helps the team tick.
Robin
I feel he's earnt a one year contract extension irrespective of which league we are in next year.
Malabus
Conor and Clements were superb on Saturday.

Another interested one is Will Boyle, contract ends this summer, not much game time. He won't be that keen to sign a new deal. Tough one for Michael Duff.
Red Duke
Malabus wrote:Conor and Clements were superb on Saturday.

Another interested one is Will Boyle, contract ends this summer, not much game time. He won't be that keen to sign a new deal. Tough one for Michael Duff.
He will first choice next season once Greaves goes back to Hull.
paperboy
Red Duke wrote:
Malabus wrote:Conor and Clements were superb on Saturday.

He will first choice next season once Greaves goes back to Hull.
Strange that others like Hussey,Flinders were given contract extensions and WB not.
Could be his own choice of course if he's had an offer nearer his roots for next season...or MD needs to see which league we are in next season first.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
His control and passing is one of the best in our team and a joy to watch. Always looks a quality player although not the strongest. And he can strike a ball well.
Robin
Agree on Boyle, strange that he's not been offered a new deal or if he has why we've not tried to off load him. You'd think Boyle would be a certainty with Thomas and Addai also getting an extra year.
Nham68
Can’t see Ince getting a look in right now.. Clements and Thomas gives us a very understated solidness and presence in midfield .. and some of the balls played out of midfield in last few games to broom, have been sublime . I like them as a pairing .. gives us a solidity and backbone .
Robin
No reason why Ince cannot come back given the rise in form of both Clements and Thomas (who let's face it were both poor fairly often last season).