is game still on

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longtimerobin
To days game is still ok at the moment no heavy rain at the moment.
asl
Anyone who is planning on travelling any distance should be keeping a close eye on the weather and needs to take a judgement call as to what it's going to be like come 17:00 - not just 15:00, kick-off time.

The volume of the sound of the wind whistling past the vent in the double glazing has increased notably in the last half hour, here in the South Cotswolds, just South of Cirencester and not at all close to Swindon.
pas
I live a mile from the ground and there is no reason to postpone the game at the moment .
Shade
Forecast hasn't changed but it's been nowhere near as bad as forecast - YET. it was supposed to be bucketing down from 12 hours before kick off and not stopping til tomorrow, according to the Met Office.
Jerry St Clair
11am and it’s just started raining heavily in Hatherley and is forecast to continue and get heavier all day.

I think it’ll be touch and go. Might be ok to start at 1500 but definite potential for an abandonment.
theidlerich
This is where proactive actions are required rather than reactive! This does not appear to be foremost in Football League/Football clubs thinking over the years!
Those living within the comparative shelter of cheltenham and its suburbs will be ok; those travelling further afield in open areas; tree lined roads etc is a little more hazardous. Should the club expose those travelling fans to 'risk'!
Ps I'm not a H&S spoilsport; merely considering sensible options.
asl
Yep, my thoughts entirely. Not sure I fancy Leckhampton Hill and Ullenwood in a storm coming home.
Jerry St Clair
Properly horrible in Cheltenham now. Not terribly wet (yet) but very windy. Even if the game goes ahead I can see the crowd being very low. Only the hardest of hardcore would go in this.
Shade
Get the game on with a lower than usual gate or get yet another game shoehorned in on a Tuesday night?

I say get it played if possible.
Ben3
Jerry St Clair wrote:Properly horrible in Cheltenham now. Not terribly wet (yet) but very windy. Even if the game goes ahead I can see the crowd being very low. Only the hardest of hardcore would go in this.
Oh get on with you!!!! It's windy and a bit wet :roll:
King giraffe iii
It's windy but not particularly wet at present. My daughter will be gutted if it's off! :lol:
longtimerobin
Not had any prolonged downpours, yet the wind is going to be the problem any chance goalkeeper scoring from his own penalty box. I am leaving for ground in five minutes . lets hope the game is not decided by freakish weather related goal.
kora
A bit of typical British weather and people are scared to go out, you'd better get used to it if the predictions are accurate cos there's going to be a lot more of it in future.
Andy
Only travel if it’s safe to do so
But really hope you can all go

A gust of wind a barrage of rain
Let’s hope it brings some Orient pain

A goal or two would not go amiss
To joyfully bring some CTFC bliss

So take care when travelling as it’s a hazard
And don’t forget, today is for remembering Hollie Gazzard.

Give generously please.

Be safe everyone and enjoy the game from wherever you may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben3
Andy wrote:Only travel if it’s safe to do so
But really hope you can all go

A gust of wind a barrage of rain
Let’s hope it brings some Orient pain

A goal or two would not go amiss
To joyfully bring some CTFC bliss

So take care when travelling as it’s a hazard
And don’t forget, today is for remembering Hollie Gazzard.

Give generously please.

Be safe everyone and enjoy the game from wherever you may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appalling abuse of the English language. Please don't ever replicate that effort and don't give up the day job
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southerners might need their big coat.
Benny Profane
Every match in the Conference off.

Swindon off.

This is either going to be an awful farce or abandoned before the end isn't it?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:Properly horrible in Cheltenham now. Not terribly wet (yet) but very windy. Even if the game goes ahead I can see the crowd being very low. Only the hardest of hardcore would go in this.
Hubert Parry
It was a farce
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benny Profane wrote:Every match in the Conference off.

Swindon off.

This is either going to be an awful farce or abandoned before the end isn't it?
Three games in the Conference were played.