Cheltenham Town v Leyton Orient

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/OrientH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
REUBEN, REUBEN, REUBEN, REUBEN
Do ya do ya do ya do ya
Know what your doing, doing to me
REUBEN, REUBEN, REUBEN, REUBEN
Nesty
massive win, a good day for us, makes me wonder where we would be had we got RR, LV and AM all season............
Ben3
Good win. Shame Plymouth are still 'running away' with it by beating Crewe, but despite 'the season being over' we're nine off top with a game in hand.

Happy days
Hubert Parry
Dominant second half performance and should have won more comfortably.
Alf
Thought second half was a very frustrating watch. Obviously difficult conditions and brilliant to get a late winner but if we hadn’t it would have been a chance missed. Still feel that we could improve a bit in and around the box but more than happy with the result. Well done for getting in there Ruben!
Shade
Didn't think it was gonna happen but you CANNOT knock the spirit of this squad. Great response from last Saturday's abomination. So pleased for Reuben to come back with 2 winners in 5 days. A good day!

I reckon Plymouth are gonna win the title now in all honesty. 3 points off top with a game in hand, it's very tight and they're the most consistent now. Win our game in hand and we're back to only 6 off the top. What a week can do...
Robin
Missed chances almost cost us today but pleased we showed the right battling spirit and didn't give up. I thought Hussey, JDH were superb and hard to seperate them for MotM.
Malabus
That cross from Ryan Broom....super super super

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
King giraffe iii
Shade wrote:Didn't think it was gonna happen but you CANNOT knock the spirit of this squad. Great response from last Saturday's abomination. So pleased for Reuben to come back with 2 winners in 5 days. A good day!

I reckon Plymouth are gonna win the title now in all honesty. 3 points off top with a game in hand, it's very tight and they're the most consistent now. Win our game in hand and we're back to only 6 off the top. What a week can do...
Get RR in a position between the posts and he'll always come up with the goods. Problem at FGR was that he all too often found himself drawn out wide and frustrated by Cooper's style of play.

Sad to say my daughter's now hooked so I guess I'll be back at Whaddon Road again this season. :oops:
Red Duke
King giraffe iii wrote:
Get RR in a position between the posts and he'll always come up with the goods. Problem at FGR was that he all too often found himself drawn out wide and frustrated by Cooper's style of play.
Maybe this is the key to MD's success, using a style of football that exploits player's strengths and not their weaknesses.
asl
Red Duke wrote:Maybe this is the key to MD's success, using a style of football that exploits player's strengths and not their weaknesses.
On top of that, we have strikers who maybe aim at the goal when taking a shot?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
Red Duke wrote:Maybe this is the key to MD's success, using a style of football that exploits player's strengths and not their weaknesses.
On top of that, we have strikers who maybe aim at the goal when taking a shot?
Interesting from Duff post match talking about May and Varney, saying they were played out of position (wise in a front 3) at previous clubs, and the reason they are scoring more for us is because they are being played in the right position for them and their game.
horlickfanclub
Getting the right pegs in the right holes. Simple really but very difficult for some Managers.
Nesty
horlickfanclub wrote:Getting the right pegs in the right holes. Simple really but very difficult for some Managers.
Amen .. It was Brian Clough's philosophy to play to players strengths, if a player liked the ball played to his left foot then make sure the other players did it. Its not rocket science...
Shade
But at the same time, were those previous clubs using them as they wanted? I mean, Varney didn't have a bad career before us, really, getting to the Prem. He may not have been in his best position and scoring many goals, or even playing that many games but, if he was doing a job out wide whilst someone else was scoring more than he would have, then he was a round peg for that club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:But at the same time, were those previous clubs using them as they wanted? I mean, Varney didn't have a bad career before us, really, getting to the Prem. He may not have been in his best position and scoring many goals, or even playing that many games but, if he was doing a job out wide whilst someone else was scoring more than he would have, then he was a round peg for that club.
Yes completely. Duff’s comment was actually in response to being asked about May hitting scoring form when his record was poor at Doncaster, so wasn’t discussing other contribution.