14 to go...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
14 matches left. We need 25 points to get to 85 points which SHOULD see us automatically promoted based on the last 5 seasons.

Col (a) D
Vale (h) D
Cam (a) W
Mac (a) W
Gri (h) W
New (h) W
FGR (a) W
Exe (h) D
Swi (a) D
Cra (h) W
Ste (a) W
Sal (h) W

My very optimistic look (promotion form) sees us get 28 points. Turn 3 of those 4 draws into defeats and we still get 25 points.
Hubert Parry
Predictability goes out of the window at the end of the season. Do not surprised to see us beat the likes of Exeter and Swindon only to lose to Macclesfield or Stevenage.

In some respects there is very little pressure on us. We can afford to 'go for it' to some extent - especially with the small buffer to 8th.
Robin
Col (a) L
Vale (h) W
Cam (a) D
Mac (a) W
Gri (h) D
New (h) W
FGR (a) W
Exe (h) W
Swi (a) L
Cra (h) D
Ste (a) W
Sal (h) D

That's my prediction giving us 82 points and likely right on the border of automatic promotion either 3rd or 4th in the table.
Shade
Hubert Parry wrote:Predictability goes out of the window at the end of the season. Do not surprised to see us beat the likes of Exeter and Swindon only to lose to Macclesfield or Stevenage.
Absolutely. This is just me saying that something like that set of results is what we would need to get automatic promotion. Personally, I feel it's a bit too far after all the draws before and after Christmas, but it's fun to dream and be in with a chance at this stage of the season.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:Predictability goes out of the window at the end of the season. Do not surprised to see us beat the likes of Exeter and Swindon only to lose to Macclesfield or Stevenage.
Absolutely. This is just me saying that something like that set of results is what we would need to get automatic promotion. Personally, I feel it's a bit too far after all the draws before and after Christmas, but it's fun to dream and be in with a chance at this stage of the season.
The Susan Boyle of RNF :)
horlickfanclub
Goal difference could be significant.
Ben3
I agree results may well be unpredictable, lose games we expected to win, and win ones we thought we'd lose.

But it just looks set up to me to go top after beating Swindon away. That's the real dream. They KNOW we'll beat them :D

(I'm completely convinced we'll lose at FGR in the meantime.)

Hahahaha what's life without hopes and dreams? :lol:
kora
Even more difficult from the 12 games we have left or are you counting the play off semis Shade. :) :)
Ben3
kora wrote:Even more difficult from the 12 games we have left or are you counting the play off semis Shade. :) :)
:lol:

Best news of all is I can make at least 7 of the last 12, and if it looks important will get myself to Stevenage as well. That's a better ratio than I've ever had I reckon
Shade
kora wrote:Even more difficult from the 12 games we have left or are you counting the play off semis Shade. :) :)
Ha. Yeah, maths was never my strong point! The stupidest thing about it is we were actually talking about 14 games left 2 games ago :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The RCS countdown thread should have been your point of reference. Clearly stated 12 to go.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:The RCS countdown thread should have been your point of reference. Clearly stated 12 to go.
I know, and I still put 14 on there as well :lol: