Anyone else with iFollow issues?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
Doesn’t show in my account to watch the live stream. Missed the first goal already.
Huw Jarse
Yep, same. Have emailed iFollow but nothing back

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Ihearye
yep all I have is a bouncing ball
ctfc-fan
PayPal refund going in now.
ctfc-fan
It’s now live
Ihearye
I get as far as hitting the subscribe button, wait 10 mins then kicks me out
Ihearye
Bad gateway
The web server reported a bad gateway error.

Ray ID: 5e549077eddd0081
Your IP address: 82.45.223.196
Error reference number: 502
Cloudflare Location: London
ctfc-fan
I’ve started a case on Paypal but found their cancellation policy is basically “you cannot cancel even if we’re at fault..”!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nope. I started fine a few mins late but the usual 30 second process. Rewound to watch the penalty foul and shot and been fine since.
Shade
Had mine running fine since not long after 5pm. No issues at all.
itsallbollox
Missed first 10 minutes. The video wasn't even on the list commentary a bit Norman Collier'ish again and to top it all ended up with commentary from the fools on the hill. As to the game well least said the better. 3 points though.
Malabus
No issues, but change of browser will sort most problems if iFollow servers are not to blame.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
ctfc-fan
This was using the app Mal.
Robin
Mine was fine tonight apart from the FGR commentary coming on during the game whilst Lloydy was down injured.
Robin
Mine was fine tonight apart from the FGR commentary coming on during the game whilst Lloydy was down injured.
ctfc-fan
That happened on DAB too Robin.
bigdavejambo
perfectly fine for my first attempt
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes FGR commentary was because R Glos lost connect to WR. They explained they were say in a different place from usual due to radio connectivity issues.

I do find it odd how iFollow is generally good and easy for the majority - suggests the issues are more at the user end than the supplier.
Red Duke
I have had no problems with it this season. As others have said, it may be other issues. I watch it on a laptop using Mozilla Firefox.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Yes FGR commentary was because R Glos lost connect to WR. They explained they were say in a different place from usual due to radio connectivity issues.

I do find it odd how iFollow is generally good and easy for the majority - suggests the issues are more at the user end than the supplier.
RCS, give it a rest. I work in IT so I’m perfectly capable of knowing if it’s me or not. Not that I have to explain it to you but I tried different devices and all sorts of fault finding but it was the same across all.

Despite CTFC website showing an active subscription, the iFollow app didn’t so it has to be a communication error at their end.

Unless you want to suggest what I did wrong?!
Ihearye
Sadly it started to work after half time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Yes FGR commentary was because R Glos lost connect to WR. They explained they were say in a different place from usual due to radio connectivity issues.

RCS, give it a rest. I work in IT so I’m perfectly capable of knowing if it’s me or not. Not that I have to explain it to you but I tried different devices and all sorts of fault finding but it was the same across all.

Despite CTFC website showing an active subscription, the iFollow app didn’t so it has to be a communication error at their end.

Unless you want to suggest what I did wrong?!
I wasn’t commenting on individual cases, just in general. Maybe last night it just happened that the connection at their end was fine for nearly everyone but played up for a few individuals, yourself included.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: I wasn’t commenting on individual cases, just in general. Maybe last night it just happened that the connection at their end was fine for nearly everyone but played up for a few individuals, yourself included.
Yes you were. You insinuated it was user error as per the below post of yours.
Ihearye
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: I wasn’t commenting on individual cases, just in general. Maybe last night it just happened that the connection at their end was fine for nearly everyone but played up for a few individuals, yourself included.
You have much to learn young Skywalker. If Obi-Wan Kenobi says you are causing inter server issues, by hitting the subscribe key. Then just accept that you are in the wrong lol.
Like yourself, I followed all the usual gateway remedies. Cleared cache, deleted cookies, closed and open browser, tried different browsers. Even resorted to the old turn it off and on again. Sometimes got as far as the 'subscribe' button, before it crashed. Maybe it is my mouse!!! Never thought of that! Must be the way I am clicking it,as Obi is so certain on User error. I must have changed my clicking style for the second half. If only I could remember what I did differently.
ctfc-fan
Ihearye wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
You have much to learn young Skywalker. If Obi-Wan Kenobi says you are causing inter server issues, by hitting the subscribe key. Then just accept that you are in the wrong lol.
Like yourself, I followed all the usual gateway remedies. Cleared cache, deleted cookies, closed and open browser, tried different browsers. Even resorted to the old turn it off and on again. Sometimes got as far as the 'subscribe' button, before it crashed. Maybe it is my mouse!!! Never thought of that! Must be the way I am clicking it,as Obi is so certain on User error. I must have changed my clicking style for the second half. If only I could remember what I did differently.
Lol.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
A general statement about the minority experiencing issues when everyone else had no problem. I didn’t reference an individual case, problem or solution.

As I said, who knows why your app didn’t sync with your online account when nearly everyone else’s did. A random issue at either their end or your end - if it is at their end just unlucky it was your connection which failed. My general statement was just the balance of probability - it the connection is fine for the majority the odds are it is something at the user end. Not in all cases, and likely not user error, just one of those random things where something doesn’t work for an undiagnosable reason. As I say, a general statement about balance of probability - might not apply in your case.

Our Iphones continuously lose connection to our broadband even if it shows WiFi connection. Happens multiple times a day. We have changed every setting possible on the phones and router. Tried different channels on both 2GHz and 5GHz, tried all sorts of things and it won’t fix. Laptops, iPads, Firestick, Chromecast (yes we unplugged to see if impacting on phones) all fine. Just a random problem with our phones connecting which can’t be solved and is nothing to do with the broadband provider.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
A general statement about the minority experiencing issues when everyone else had no problem. I didn’t reference an individual case, problem or solution.

As I said, who knows why your app didn’t sync with your online account when nearly everyone else’s did. A random issue at either their end or your end - if it is at their end just unlucky it was your connection which failed. My general statement was just the balance of probability - it the connection is fine for the majority the odds are it is something at the user end. Not in all cases, and likely not user error, just one of those random things where something doesn’t work for an undiagnosable reason. As I say, a general statement about balance of probability - might not apply in your case.

Our Iphones continuously lose connection to our broadband even if it shows WiFi connection. Happens multiple times a day. We have changed every setting possible on the phones and router. Tried different channels on both 2GHz and 5GHz, tried all sorts of things and it won’t fix. Laptops, iPads, Firestick, Chromecast (yes we unplugged to see if impacting on phones) all fine. Just a random problem with our phones connecting which can’t be solved and is nothing to do with the broadband provider.
Actually users of other teams couldn’t get on last night either so not just a Cheltenham Town issue.

Are you using Virgin Media at home by any chance?
horlickfanclub
Mine worked well. Commentary turned down.
asl
Ihearye wrote:Maybe it is my mouse!!!
You may laugh, but my work laptop would randomly blue screen whenever it was docked on the port replicator I'd been using for a couple of years. Over the course of a month it went from never to once a week to every few hours to within minutes of being docked and restarted. Eventually, through trial and error, I tracked the problem down to a faulty USB keyboard as the BSoD didn't happen when that wasn't plugged in to the port replicator. Replaced that and job's a good 'un.
everyman

Being a Luddite i struggle with stuff and usually resolve things by pressing every button, however i have entered the code sent by Ctfc and had it rejected 3 times ? However ifollow have been quick to refund my £ 10.00 costs each time.
Si Robin
I had issues with the code the first time I used it (the Morecambe game) but every game since I've taken Mal's advice and put the code in and hit apply before doing anything else. You can then check to see if the £10 has been deducted at the bottom.

Only then do I enter my card details and complete the purchase.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:

Being a Luddite i struggle with stuff and usually resolve things by pressing every button, however i have entered the code sent by Ctfc and had it rejected 3 times ? However ifollow have been quick to refund my £ 10.00 costs each time.
Always enter and hit apply, and check it has been accepted and discount deducted, before entering payment details. The club’s step by step guide is clear about this.

One thing to check...I noticed when I copied and pasted the code yesterday that it also carried over a space before the code and a couple of spaces after. Make sure to delete these before pressing apply.

(I assume you use the new code issued for each match).
everyman
Si Robin wrote:I had issues with the code the first time I used it (the Morecambe game) but every game since I've taken Mal's advice and put the code in and hit apply before doing anything else. You can then check to see if the £10 has been deducted at the bottom.

Only then do I enter my card details and complete the purchase.
Thank`s !
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
everyman wrote:

Always enter and hit apply, and check it has been accepted and discount deducted, before entering payment details. The club’s step by step guide is clear about this.

One thing to check...I noticed when I copied and pasted the code yesterday that it also carried over a space before the code and a couple of spaces after. Make sure to delete these before pressing apply.

(I assume you use the new code issued for each match).
Thank`s !
Shade
I've always found that copying & pasting codes or card details, etc, doesn't always work, no matter what device, browser or website is being used, as they don't always register that anything has been entered or, as RCS says, you get the odd space where there shouldn't be one that stops it being accepted. Always better to just type it in if possible.