ifollow what a joke

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Maggie Hall
Signed up tonight hoping to watch the game.. Nothing but a black screen and a semi-circle going round and round. Comentary working on live audio, but the is on the radio. if they are going to charge a teener for this shite, maybe they should ensure it works correctly
little mo
On the match thread it is the same for a lot including me.
Shade
Mobile app is working, website isn't. God knows why.
little mo
Shade wrote:Mobile app is working, website isn't. God knows why.
That is what my son has just told me.
pas
Interesting...Please note that all users affected will receive an email directly from the EFL regarding compensation.
MSB
Has worked fine all season. Tuesday night was the exception, and at that it had been fixed by the second half. I would imagine it will all be fine going forward.
Malabus
Anyone had their iFollow codes for this Saturday game v FGR.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Andy
Malabus wrote:Anyone had their iFollow codes for this Saturday game v FGR.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ihearye
Despite being named and shamed as an incompetent user by the guru of all things IoT. I have a suspicion that ifollow was originally set up with an expected bandwidth and now with the pandemic and heavier use of ifollow, they are unable to handle the extra demand. Maybe they are working on resolving this and not issuing codes until they believe they have the issue resolved?
Andy
Or the club are waiting to see how many codes they need to arrange for following the season ticket refund choice email earlier this week.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed. The deadline for requesting a refund is midnight tonight so the Club won’t send codes out before then.

Hopefully the system wide fault which affected everyone on Saturday has been fixed, and also no issues are faced by those individuals who have had their own individual problems whilst everyone else has had a fully working normal service.
little mo
I have now received an e mail with an apology which tells me i will be paid a full refund. This will be paid directly in to my bank within the next 14 days,so i don't need to do anything.
Ihearye
Andy wrote:Or the club are waiting to see how many codes they need to arrange for following the season ticket refund choice email earlier this week.

Has this been enacted already. I had a question around making the total donation and the club said they would be in contact the future to provide detail. Think it will need to be a bit more formal than an email to them saying , yeah go ahead :)
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Indeed. The deadline for requesting a refund is midnight tonight so the Club won’t send codes out before then.

Hopefully the system wide fault which affected everyone on Saturday has been fixed, and also no issues are faced by those individuals who have had their own individual problems whilst everyone else has had a fully working normal service.
'Those individuals' / 'everyone else'. Give it up, how many individuals across all of ifollow, you have no idea if they are a greater number who did access or didn't access. You do talk some ****. You take a straw poll of approx 10 people who have responded on here who comment on a thread and immediately know all the issues and their causes. I can see it so nothing can be wrong - what a perceptive argument. I could access track and trace all those who are saying they can't be clicking that button right. Couldn't possibly be a bandwidth issue or similar
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
Andy wrote:Or the club are waiting to see how many codes they need to arrange for following the season ticket refund choice email earlier this week.

Has this been enacted already. I had a question around making the total donation and the club said they would be in contact the future to provide detail. Think it will need to be a bit more formal than an email to them saying , yeah go ahead :)
The article on the website says people have until midnight tonight to request a refund so I guess they will follow up and contact those who have made donations / not requested a refund after then?
51/84
codes being sent this evening
Andy
Cheers 51.

Andy
Codes are apparently just starting to come through - my one son received his a few minutes ago. Just got mine as well.
Andy
OK this has 'potential disaster' written all over it LOL.

My one son's email says he has now been allocated the "season ticket" on ifollow and no longer needs codes to enter to watch matches.
My email has a code and so does my second sons email?

Yet we are all season ticket holders and all doing the same with our choice following the message earlier in the week?

So it looks like some of us might be getting codes and others will be asked to check their ifollow account to ensure that they have the "season ticket" attached to it to watch home games..

I expect it is something to do with using the same email on ifollow as you do on CTFC tickets website - if different then they cant attach season ticket to it, but send you a code.
Si Robin
I've gone back to them because I've not been sent a code, I've just been allocated as a season ticket holder on iFollow - which is great for me. But as I purchased 7 season tickets for 3 households, it means the other two households have no way of watching the game (I've checked with one and they've had nothing).

Annoyingly, this is also the first game where I'm not able to go and simply watch the game with them off my own login.
Andy
Si Robin wrote:I've gone back to them because I've not been sent a code, I've just been allocated as a season ticket holder on iFollow - which is great for me. But as I purchased 7 season tickets for 3 households, it means the other two households have no way of watching the game (I've checked with one and they've had nothing).

Annoyingly, this is also the first game where I'm not able to go and simply watch the game with them off my own login.
Hope you get it sorted but its silly that its been left this late on a Friday to introduce a new way - did you used to get emails through for 7 codes previously?
Si Robin
It has been sorted, thankfully. Joycie is very much on the ball it has to be said.