Virtual tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Hope the club do this ,make some money. I would buy one.
Hubert Parry
Need to monetise the c!#p out of this.

Hopefully Manchester City will feel charitable and donate any fee they receive?
Shade
I'm sure the brains trust are on it already. But I hope it doesn't become all about poor little Cheltenham with their begging bowl out. The players and staff deserve more than that.
Hubert Parry
[INSERT JERRY "$HOW ME THE MON£Y" MAGUIRE GIF]
Ihearye
Hubert Parry wrote:[INSERT JERRY "$HOW ME THE MON£Y" MAGUIRE GIF]
With the dulcet tones of Bruce Springsteen and Secret Garden
Hubert Parry
I saw an idea on Twitter which suggested a virtual directors box. This could work. Pay £50, watch the game alongside a zoom chat with four other fans and a CTFC legend. Something like that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Or pay to give a 30 second team talk pre-match or something like that!
Ihearye
all depends if you have the relevant media the game will be shown on
Andy
Crowdfund some 3/5 second slots on the scoreboard - you send in a small video clip of you cheering the team on that is then played over the big screen (like they did in some of the F1 races).

helps spur the team on a bit as no crowd there, but also makes a bit of money too.

With a 90 minute game, you could sell two 3/5 second slots each minute and still have time for the adverts / score to show up there.

£25 a slot, including a free digital programme :) and your virtual ticket to the game totals £4500.
Hubert Parry
I'm not sure what the rules are but could we rent a digital hoarding to run alongside the paddock and behind the goals and sell advertising exposure?

Other ideas:

Repeat the face in the crowd initiative.

Auction shirts (although I can imagine the players will want to keep theirs), match balls, etc.

Signed programmes.

Behind the scenes documentary film - team talks, pre match tactical analysis, interviews, full game with player/manager commentary etc. (Similar to the champions dvd)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I was thinking the same about digital hoarding...Stockport have one tonight vs West Ham but not sure if it is permanent or temporary.
Andy
£150/£200 each to be ball boy for the day...one in each section of each stand - could even say lower and upper areas LOL :), includes 15 minutes talk on instructions on retrieving and disinfecting ball and returning it to play/area ready for use, a pre match hot beverage of choice, a programme (possibly signed if time allowed), CTFC branded mask to be warn at all times, one free ticket to a league game of your choice next season.
Artemis
Ihearye wrote:all depends if you have the relevant media the game will be shown on
Surely to goodness it will be one of the likely three games live on BBC1, along with Man Utd / Liverpool and one other?
Andy
Artemis wrote:
Ihearye wrote:all depends if you have the relevant media the game will be shown on
Surely to goodness it will be one of the likely three games live on BBC1, along with Man Utd / Liverpool and one other?
chorley / wolves.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Advertise race day breakfast and transport to City fans for the 2022 Festival..special rate if they book and pay on the day on the match.
Shade
Artemis wrote:
BT get games as well, so it could be on either. If either even decide they want it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Artemis wrote:
BT get games as well, so it could be on either. If either even decide they want it.
I think we are nailed on. As are:

Man U vs Liverpool
Chorley vs Wolves
Wycombe vs Spurs
Brentford vs Leicester
Southampton/Shrewsbury vs Arsenal
milestones
Club to offer temporary employment (1 day) on the ground staff so that you could actually go to the match.
Ihearye
Rather than virtual tickets, why not print proper tickets and sell them. OK we won't be able to go, but would be good to have one as a memento
Horteng
Artemis wrote:
Is the next round on BBC then?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Is the next round on BBC then?
Half the games on BBC and half on BT, as with every round so far.
Ben3
The key question is does a virtual ticket allow me an audience to gather with a few other, like minded curmudgeons to group together and sing in disdain at the 'Newbies' "WHERE WERE YOU LASY SATURDAY?" or make opaque references to Bashley away?

If it doesn't then I don't want any part of it!
little mo
Ihearye wrote:Rather than virtual tickets, why not print proper tickets and sell them. OK we won't be able to go, but would be good to have one as a memento
That is what i meant when starting the thread. Marine did it for the Spurs tie,and made money.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There may also be some post-match things to auction and raise money from. If a City player scores a hat-trick, would they donate the match ball for auction, etc.

Offer fans who donate £25 a half price ticket for a home league game once fans are allowed back in.

The biggest money spinner could be agreeing a pre-season friendly with City...
Ihearye
little mo wrote:
Ihearye wrote:Rather than virtual tickets, why not print proper tickets and sell them. OK we won't be able to go, but would be good to have one as a memento
That is what i meant when starting the thread. Marine did it for the Spurs tie,and made money.
two forward thinking people on the forum!
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:There may also be some post-match things to auction and raise money from. If a City player scores a hat-trick, would they donate the match ball for auction, etc.

Offer fans who donate £25 a half price ticket for a home league game once fans are allowed back in.

Would rather Alfie scored a hat-trick and we made the extra money by winning and getting into the next round.
#daretodream!
Shade
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:There may also be some post-match things to auction and raise money from. If a City player scores a hat-trick, would they donate the match ball for auction, etc.

Would rather Alfie scored a hat-trick and we made the extra money by winning and getting into the next round.
#daretodream!
And then we sell him for £5m. That would be a money-making game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Do we have any exciting youth players we could give a debut to? If they make an impact we could try and sell them to City before the game is even finished.
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Do we have any exciting youth players we could give a debut to? If they make an impact we could try and sell them to City before the game is even finished.
Just remind City to bring some packets of pork scratchings :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Update from the Club on Twitter:

“In the end we had a virtual attendance of 5,213 football fans for last night’s game, including 2,305 backers of the 1887RedArmy crowdfunder.”

So that was 2,908 for the official club virtual ticket = £29,080

And the 1887RedArmy crowdfunder was over £32,000 last I looked.

So that is a smidge over £60,000 plus any additional programme sales.
Shade
Add in the income frome the precious rounds, yesterdays TV money, money for losing, advertising and sponsorship (Mira, God bless 'em, must have paid quite a lot I'd have thought for their display in the PRE as well as advertising on the LED boards) and that £1m loss has hopefully been close to halved.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:Add in the income frome the precious rounds, yesterdays TV money, money for losing, advertising and sponsorship (Mira, God bless 'em, must have paid quite a lot I'd have thought for their display in the PRE as well as advertising on the LED boards) and that £1m loss has hopefully been close to halved.
Whoever is in charge of Mira commercial/marketing, should take a bow. That advertising display was one of the best I have yet to see at a football match, during this pandemic.