Loan move for forward

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/AddaiMove" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
Good for his future but I would rather see him come off the bench than Indiana. Good luck Alex.
longmover
Shame but seeing as we are 2nd with a game in had on the leaders you have to trust Duff.
Johnsons Red Army
Agree with horlickfanclub. Always felt his pace added something extra to our game at times.
Shade
We know Yatesy likes a speedy attacker. Hopefully it works out for him because I'm assuming The Mighty Atom's time at CTFC is over, especially if we go up. Big shame, really like him and his enthusiasm, and he's scored and assisted some crucial goals.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
All the best Alex. He isn’t the fastest in the squad, so I wonder if his pace is deceptive due to his height and stature. According to Charlie Raglan Q&A pre-Salford Blair is the fastest over 100m.
Hubert Parry
This is a good move for Alex. A very Yates type player.

He possesses great pace and sometimes his unpredictability can be an asset. The difficulty he has in our system is that he could only play as one of the top two. His lack of end product either in terms of assists or goals is what has cost him a regular starting place. I'm not convinced he possesses the tactical intelligence that Alfie May has when it comes to operating a high or medium press which is crucial to our game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:This is a good move for Alex. A very Yates type player.

He possesses great pace and sometimes his unpredictability can be an asset. The difficulty he has in our system is that he could only play as one of the top two. His lack of end product either in terms of assists or goals is what has cost him a regular starting place. I'm not convinced he possesses the tactical intelligence that Alfie May has when it comes to operating a high or medium press which is crucial to our game.
Would he want to play that way anyway? As you say, his strength is unpredictability, so us playing with the such well drilled shape and press as we do would not get the best out of him.

Plus, just due to lack of game time, when Duff makes small changes during the game like pushing the press up two metres or spreading the strikers out by a metre, Alex is not going to be up to speed with those tactical nuances.
everyman
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Agree with horlickfanclub. Always felt his pace added something extra to our game at times.
Usain Bolt was fast but wasn`t a great footballer !
Pie
Reminded me a bit of McGlashan; bags of pace with tricks up his sleeve, but Jermaine had a lot more end product.
Scored some fantastic goals for us and always liked him as an option on the bench as he could bring that excitement with his pace.