Wade Elliott after the MK Dons draw

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview in full here: https://bit.ly/WadeAfterMKDraw
Horteng
Although it’s a little disappointing to see the manager and MOM is pleased with a point at home against a team lower in the table than us, I understand it’s not a case of rock up and win. Have to say the interview with Wade is good and he’s clearly an honest bloke. Hope he can keep us up.

COYR
eeneff
Sadly, sounded like a beaten man to me.
Ben version 4:0
I think it will be the club's biggest ever achievement to stay in this league this season. Bigger than bouncing back, bigger than what Duff or Coterell achieved.

I think we have a chance - an outside chance! - and every point like today supports that.

It's gonna be close
kags
Making it hard for ourselves, the recruitment has been poor this summer. Look at the forward options today, every week there's nothing on the bench to change a game. Not sure why we paid a fee for Adshead.
GingerRedMan
I'm not sure the recruitment has been that poor. We're seeing what a good player Perry can be, Taylor is clearly a great prospect and Southwood looks better as the season goes on. It was good to hear him above the crowd today

Olayinka looks a really good player for this level, albeit we haven't seen him much. Ferry and Jackson too

We've been unlucky with recent injuries to May and Ferry and in my view we miss Callum Wright and Matty Blair, for creativity and hard running, and also Boyle's threat in the opposition box

I never like to criticise the manager too much, we don't know who's carrying a knock and we don't see the players in training; but today I felt for Norton and Brown who must have wondered what they have to do to get a start against a slow defence. Sometimes it looks like a bit like a game of chess and players are constricted by the team pattern when we have the ball and we move it too slow in unpressured areas

That said, we're clear of the relegation places and there's enough ability around the squad to make a good fight of it. A couple of good loans in January and who knows? It'll be a great achievement to stay up a second season and I for one am happy to get behind the current management and allow them some room to develop their own ideas. I'm sure Duffo had two long runs without winning a game

COYR