Stale loses another!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 10:00
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 08:16
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 12:58

Tell us the story and we will be able to comment.
May I respectfully refer you to my earlier comments. Without going into any further complexities, there’s quite enough to go on there for anyone genuinely interested and reasonably savvy.

This thread will probably exceed 12,000 views by COP today. Take a bow you nesters.
That’s a no then. Shame.
Its enough for now.

Nesters that have followed it all will have done well. Its not that simple and you have to start by wanting to understand it. There are more than a few in Bolton that don't. They'd rather stick to ill-informed prejudices over Vince, Anderson and even the late Eddie Davies, the biggest benefactor BWFC has ever had or likely to have.
Chris FGR
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 09:41 12,000 views says that nesters are probably the best-informed footie supporters in Britain on the subject of Dale Vince.
Wouldn’t it be better if the relevant authorities were informed if you have genuine proof of illegal or fraudulent activities by Dale Vince or his company? What are ‘nesters’ supposed to do with this partial/vague information anyway?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 15:13
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 09:41 12,000 views says that nesters are probably the best-informed footie supporters in Britain on the subject of Dale Vince.
Wouldn’t it be better if the relevant authorities were informed if you have genuine proof of illegal or fraudulent activities by Dale Vince or his company? What are ‘nesters’ supposed to do with this partial/vague information anyway?
I think he wants us to read documents which contain no proof of fraud or tax evasion and then conclude there is fraud and tax evasion without evidence.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 17:08
I think he wants us to read documents which contain no proof of fraud or tax evasion and then conclude there is fraud and tax evasion without evidence.
You've just proved AGAIN that the last thing you do is 'think'.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 09:25

Sorry, I will rephrase.

I am certain he wants us to read documents which contain no proof of fraud or tax evasion and then conclude there is fraud and tax evasion without evidence.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 10:03

Sorry, I will rephrase.

I am certain he wants us to read documents which contain no proof of fraud or tax evasion and then conclude there is fraud and tax evasion without evidence.
That's alright but you don't have to keep proving how stupid you are.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 10:07

Sorry, I will rephrase.

:roll:

I am not the one making serious accusations of fraud and tax evasion without producing evidence.

Documented reports of shenanigans and questionable practices is not the same as evidence of fraud and tax evasion.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 10:26

Sorry, I will rephrase.

I am not the one making serious accusations of fraud and tax evasion without producing evidence.

Documented reports of shenanigans and questionable practices is not the same as evidence of fraud and tax evasion.
There really is no limit to your idiocy is there?
To my knowledge, Dale Vince has never been accused of fraud or tax evasion on this site or any other site that I'm aware of. These are your words, your false representations and your brainless mendacity at work YET AGAIN.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 10:37
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 10:26

There really is no limit to your idiocy is there?
To my knowledge, Dale Vince has never been accused of fraud or tax evasion on this site or any other site that I'm aware of. These are your words, your false representations and your brainless mendacity at work YET AGAIN.
I see. So you don’t think Dale Vince has done anything wrong then.
Ten Bobsworth
It’s a sad fact that there are people like RCS in this world. They are invariably a waste of time, a waste of space and a waste of oxygen and life is too short to take any notice of them.
Maybe someone like ctfc-fan, who plainly is not a dope, would explain the difference between the two types of tax dodging, avoidance and evasion.
Si Robin
I'm still confused as to why a Bolton fan persists in a) posting on a forum about a bloke that has absolutely nothing to do with this club, and b) when he doesn't get the desired fawning over his investigative brilliance abuses other posters.

As the old phrase goes Ten Bobsworth - s#!t or get off the pot. Either state clearly what it is you have on Dale Vince and what you expect a couple of dozen Cheltenham fans to do about it, or stop spamming the board with your bs. It's beyond tedious now.
Ten Bobsworth
Si Robin wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 08:30 I'm still confused as to why a Bolton fan persists in a) posting on a forum about a bloke that has absolutely nothing to do with this club, and b) when he doesn't get the desired fawning over his investigative brilliance abuses other posters.

As the old phrase goes Ten Bobsworth - s#!t or get off the pot. Either state clearly what it is you have on Dale Vince and what you expect a couple of dozen Cheltenham fans to do about it, or stop spamming the board with your bs. It's beyond tedious now.
If you’d read the posts and had more than sawdust between your ears, maybe you wouldn’t be quite so confused.
asl
I agree completely on the second point, Si. I'm happy for fans of other clubs to post - but I don't really know what you're trying to tell us. I have no time to do my own forensic accounting - but I am interested to read that done by others. Moreover, if others have already done the work, why should I repeat it?

Your vitriol towards RCS is unwarranted, so far as I can see. Believe it or not, there are plenty of intelligent people on this board and they will be more than happy to listen to the evidence you have - the problem is you have only given us snippets which may or may not be significant in isolation.

So just let us know what the SFO say, Bob. I'm particularly interested to hear how they react when you tell them a little bit of the story and say "have you joined the dots, yet? Have you? Have you??"

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

HamTown
asl wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 08:56 ...

So just let us know what the SFO say, Bob. I'm particularly interested to hear how they react when you tell them a little bit of the story and say "have you joined the dots, yet? Have you? Have you??"
:lol:
Ten Bobsworth
asl wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 08:56 I agree completely on the second point, Si. I'm happy for fans of other clubs to post - but I don't really know what you're trying to tell us. I have no time to do my own forensic accounting - but I am interested to read that done by others. Moreover, if others have already done the work, why should I repeat it?

Your vitriol towards RCS is unwarranted, so far as I can see. Believe it or not, there are plenty of intelligent people on this board and they will be more than happy to listen to the evidence you have - the problem is you have only given us snippets which may or may not be significant in isolation.

With all due respect, asl, I suspect that you know very little about the SFO and not much more about tax administration. If you did, you wouldn’t make these comments.
But I expect that you are right that there are intelligent people who follow the comments on Robinsnest, from behind the curtains, as it were. There are bound to be and they’ll be able to grasp it alright.
asl

Ten Bobsworth wrote:With all due respect, asl, I suspect that you know very little about the SFO and not much more about tax administration.
Show me where I claimed to then tell me why that's relevant to *you* telling them?

By the way, 'views' are not a good indicator of 'interest.' People will view the thread if they see there's been an update. In fact, even hitting the button to 'mark topic as viewed' may constitute a 'view' - I'm not sure about that.

Ten Bobsworth
asl wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 09:30
Ten Bobsworth wrote:With all due respect, asl, I suspect that you know very little about the SFO and not much more about tax administration.
Show me where I claimed to then tell me why that's relevant to *you* telling them?

By the way, 'views' are not a good indicator of 'interest.' People will view the thread if they see there's been an update. In fact, even hitting the button to 'mark topic as viewed' may constitute a 'view' - I'm not sure about that.

Sorry but you are losing me. First you say that there are intelligent people on this board and then imply that they don’t necessarily read what’s posted.
It’s plain the number of views isn’t the same as the number of people who have read and understood what’s been posted but more than 12,000 views is an indicator that there are likely to be a few. There are plainly some who don’t want to know or understand anything that doesn’t fit in with their prejudices. Ostriches don’t bury their heads in the sand, only humans do that.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 14 Dec 2022, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 08:11 It’s a sad fact that there are people like RCS in this world. They are invariably a waste of time, a waste of space and a waste of oxygen and life is too short to take any notice of them.
Maybe someone like ctfc-fan, who plainly is not a dope, would explain the difference between the two types of tax dodging, avoidance and evasion.
I know the difference. But as avoidance is legal, and common practice, I wrongly assumed you must have been worried about something more serious.
asl
Ever thought of going into politics? You seem adept at avoiding questions.

Half of me thinks this thread needs locking because it is going absolutely nowhere.

Ten Bobsworth
asl wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 10:05 Ever thought of going into politics? You seem adept at avoiding questions.

Half of me thinks this thread needs locking because it is going absolutely nowhere.

I ‘m happy to answer relevant questions. I’ll leave the blind alleys if it’s alright with you.
12,500 views now. That’s not bad but I do hope we’ll get some intelligent questions from intelligent nesters. There’s still quite a bit of meat on these bones.
No rush though.
Nesty
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ten Bobsworth
Nesty wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 11:28 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You have a good long snooze, son. There’s nowt Dale likes quite so much as snoozers and daydreamers.
little mo
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 13:24
Nesty wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 11:28 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You have a good long snooze, son. There’s nowt Dale likes quite so much as snoozers and daydreamers.
Flipping heck Nesters,it's been a while since you were called son. :D :D
SHANDY VOR
You sound like an interesting character Bobby, with a strong moral compass.

However it's a shame that so much time and energy is spent on this board rather than directing it to those who understand, care and can do something about your allegations, IF there is any substance in them

You're not Peter Kay are you?
Ten Bobsworth
SHANDY VOR wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 18:15 You sound like an interesting character Bobby, with a strong moral compass.

However it's a shame that so much time and energy is spent on this board rather than directing it to those who understand, care and can do something about your allegations, IF there is any substance in them

How kind of you, SHANDY.

I have always expected to find intelligent life in robins nest but sometimes you just have to be patient.

There are, of course, several issues that arise out of all of this and your Member of Parliament would normally be the person you should be able to raise them with. Unfortunately that would be futile, if not counter-productive, if your MP was a member of the Labour Party with Vince being a big donor and all that.

But there are MPs that have known about this for some time. They may not be going public but that doesn't mean they haven't been making appropriate representations to those who may be concerned.

P.S. If you are on LinkedIn, look up Paul David Wheatcroft and see what he has to say about his time at Egotricity. He doesn't go into too much detail but there were tax issues going back a very long way according to him.
SHANDY VOR
You appear to be a very good judge of character, my pennine-suffering friend. The VOR after my name actually stands for 'Voice of Reason' and I have changed it by deed poll to reflect my mission in life.

Which is to educate where there is ignorance, bring kindness where there is hate, and fish where there are chips. It is telling that I am not a Cheltenham fan but a supporter of their bitterest rivals in all of history, Gloucester City. I am not brainwashed by their echo chamber, nor do I wank over a 0-0 draw away to Barrow, so I'm able to provide a healthy alternative perspective, just like Simon does on our forum.

Over the many years I have been a member of this forum I have come to be accepted, and by some idolised in a way that Matt Hancock can only dream of. I am living proof that light can shine even in the darkest corners of the universe.

Keep following your beliefs

Shandy (VOR)
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 09:09
SHANDY VOR wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 18:15 You sound like an interesting character Bobby, with a strong moral compass.

How kind of you, SHANDY.

I have always expected to find intelligent life in robins nest but sometimes you just have to be patient.

There are, of course, several issues that arise out of all of this and your Member of Parliament would normally be the person you should be able to raise them with. Unfortunately that would be futile, if not counter-productive, if your MP was a member of the Labour Party with Vince being a big donor and all that.

But there are MPs that have known about this for some time. They may not be going public but that doesn't mean they haven't been making appropriate representations to those who may be concerned.

P.S. If you are on LinkedIn, look up Paul David Wheatcroft and see what he has to say about his time at Egotricity. He doesn't go into too much detail but there were tax issues going back a very long way according to him.
For those not able to see PDW’s full profile, he says during his time at Ecotricity that he:

“Spent 6 years working to bring issues with HMRC relating to earlier years to a satisfactory conclusion.”

No indication of what the issues were of course so could have been administrative/technical for all we know.

Semi-related; he also says he “changed from local audit/tax to KPMG” and “structured/implemented purchase of company shares from share holder to clear Director Loan a/c”.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 18:47
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 09:09

How kind of you, SHANDY.

For those not able to see PDW’s full profile, he says during his time at Ecotricity that he:

“Spent 6 years working to bring issues with HMRC relating to earlier years to a satisfactory conclusion.”

No indication of what the issues were of course so could have been administrative/technical for all we know.

Semi-related; he also says he “changed from local audit/tax to KPMG” and “structured/implemented purchase of company shares from share holder to clear Director Loan a/c”.
The words 'clutching at straws' come to mind. The idea that the Finance Director of Ecotricity would spend six years on some administrative/technical issue with HMRC (and then declare it to be some sort of achievement) is 'strictly for the birds'.

Oops! Sorry I forgot this was robinsnest.
hookyrobin
There's something I've been wondering for a long time about this thread: doesn't it belong on the "Other Footy" forum?
paperboy
I'm wondering if they'll be a Ros Atkins explainer podcast soon.
Si Robin
hookyrobin wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 12:03 There's something I've been wondering for a long time about this thread: doesn't it belong on the "Other Footy" forum?
Technically, no, as it's League 1 related (albeit very tenuously). Even if the description for this forum says League 2 and not League 1 :lol:
Hubert Parry
Please could someone take this thread around the back and shoot it (proverbially) in the head?

Thanks.
Pie
paperboy wrote:I'm wondering if they'll be a Ros Atkins explainer podcast soon.
It would be more at home in the “non footy/jokes” section.
little mo
Hubert Parry wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 13:17 Please could someone take this thread around the back and shoot it (proverbially) in the head?

Thanks.
Welcome back Hubert, and I agree 100%.