Will we have a manager......

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Appointed by Saturday?
Benctfc
I would hope so. Bloxham said in his interview last week there would be two rounds of interviews with final one being the preferred two candidates. I would guess that would be today and then maybe an unveil tomorrow to the press?

It's a shame as really we could have done with the new manager having a decent amount of time with the team before the Tuesday match against Fleetwood which is massive. Saturday is a free hit really as no one expects us to get anything from the match but i did notice Lincoln played last night so maybe that may give us an edge.
Si Robin
My guess is they appoint today, but unveil tomorrow. This will give the new man (or woman of course) a chance to meet the players tomorrow and give them a bit of a boost for Saturday, ready for the hard work on Monday ahead of the crucial game against Fleetwood on Tuesday.

As Mark says on this week's pod (due to be released today) these players are playing for their futures now, so they should want to impress on Saturday.
longmover
Si Robin wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 09:00 My guess is they appoint today, but unveil tomorrow. This will give the new man (or woman of course) a chance to meet the players tomorrow and give them a bit of a boost for Saturday, ready for the hard work on Monday ahead of the crucial game against Fleetwood on Tuesday.

As Mark says on this week's pod (due to be released today) these players are playing for their futures now, so they should want to impress on Saturday.
you would of thought there would have been a bit of this last Saturday, bit disconcerting there wasn't much at all :|
Si Robin
I think that's unfair to be honest. They certainly were in the first half, and it was only when the 3rd went in that they threw the towel in.
Shade
I think Bloxham said ideally they'd have someone in charge before this weekend, but watching the game rather than on the touchline.

Ideally. So it wouldn't surprise me one little bit if this drags on beyond the weekend and even the Fleetwood game.
andgarod
Shade wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 09:54 I think Bloxham said ideally they'd have someone in charge before this weekend, but watching the game rather than on the touchline.

Ideally. So it wouldn't surprise me one little bit if this drags on beyond the weekend and even the Fleetwood game.
Thats the little old cheltenham way
horlickfanclub
The other way might be to panic and appoint the first person to apply not bother with interviews and then get panned by the forums with cries of sack the new Manager the Board and Whaddney.
Ihearye
Also, experience has shown me just because you short list someone and even offer the job, does not mean they want it