Lincoln City v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
Ben3 wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 17:55 This is what I was worried about.

How long do we give the new man? The clock is ticking…
I know you are a wind-up merchant but seriously? He's only just got here, hasn't coached the team yet, and was the first choice of many CTFC fans on this forum. DC is in charge. There is no "How long do we give him"
Ralph
Shade wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 15:54
Horteng wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 15:44 Clear out back room staff, let Darryl bring his own in, accept relegation this season (now) and build ready for next season.

That’s as good as the prospects are in my opinion.

This shower aren’t going to get us out of the hole they’ve got themselves in.

It’s embarrassing. Players don’t even care. Ship as many out as possible asap and save the funds for next season in L2.
NEVER ACCEPT RELEGATION. Especially when only 6 points from safety with 36 games to play.

What an absurd thing to think. Let's just do naff all for the next 7.5 months...
We are 6 points from getting above the line. DC will get us there and up the table. It's embarrassing that some people think its all over
Horteng
Ralph wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 18:35
Shade wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 15:54
Horteng wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 15:44 Clear out back room staff, let Darryl bring his own in, accept relegation this season (now) and build ready for next season.

That’s as good as the prospects are in my opinion.

This shower aren’t going to get us out of the hole they’ve got themselves in.

It’s embarrassing. Players don’t even care. Ship as many out as possible asap and save the funds for next season in L2.
NEVER ACCEPT RELEGATION. Especially when only 6 points from safety with 36 games to play.

What an absurd thing to think. Let's just do naff all for the next 7.5 months...
We are 6 points from getting above the line. DC will get us there and up the table. It's embarrassing that some people think its all over
Are you one of the ones who thinks DC is going to wave a magic wand then and we will start scoring 3/4 goals a game and climb the league?
ctfc-fan
Robin wrote:
Nesty wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 17:05 It's unfair to put all of the blame for poor procurement on Rusty, he was only given that roll later on, after most of the dross was signed.
Most of the dross who had us finish mid-table two seasons running :o :o I'm not saying it's all his fault but how many players signed this summer have done well. Southwood is a good league one keeper, Davies had a slow start but did well until he was dropped recently. Street works hard but no goal threat and limited link up play. Thompson has been in and out. Liam Smith has been crocked and doesn't look above league two level from what I've seen and that's before we talk about the SEVEN loans.
Davies was Wade’s buddy, probably nothing to do with Rusty
Lord Elpuz
I’m with Ralph on the situation. 6 points, even better 9 points and the place will get a buzz rebirth. I am convinced we have the playing squad that can be moulded to perform much better. I tend to think Cheltenham have got found out by opposition managers/coaches as we’ve played the same style for 4 years now. Clarke will inject something totally different.

Also, I know most won’t agree with me on this, but we are missing players like Broom and Ryan Jackson. The latter might have stayed if we’d given him the number 5 shirt. Broom and Jackson took the game to the opposition & delivered decent enough crosses. We’ve lacked that this season. What’s happened to the Australian lad? He’s only had about 15 minutes since coming back from International duty. Is he injured? He looked like the kind of player that will create chances that the likes of Street and Keena are desperate to get. Our current tactics are making our strikers look poor.

Finally, Wade Elliott made us harder to beat, but didn’t solve the problem with our strikers. Kevin Russell has tried to get us a goal and end the hoodoo, but in doing so, has made us more vulnerable in defence. As Kevin Russell stated in his interview, we’ve got to be better in both boxes. Darrell Clarke will be more than aware.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote: 01 Oct 2023, 09:34 I’m with Ralph on the situation. 6 points, even better 9 points and the place will get a buzz rebirth. I am convinced we have the playing squad that can be moulded to perform much better. I tend to think Cheltenham have got found out by opposition managers/coaches as we’ve played the same style for 4 years now. Clarke will inject something totally different.

Also, I know most won’t agree with me on this, but we are missing players like Broom and Ryan Jackson. The latter might have stayed if we’d given him the number 5 shirt. Broom and Jackson took the game to the opposition & delivered decent enough crosses. We’ve lacked that this season. What’s happened to the Australian lad? He’s only had about 15 minutes since coming back from International duty. Is he injured? He looked like the kind of player that will create chances that the likes of Street and Keena are desperate to get. Our current tactics are making our strikers look poor.

Finally, Wade Elliott made us harder to beat, but didn’t solve the problem with our strikers. Kevin Russell has tried to get us a goal and end the hoodoo, but in doing so, has made us more vulnerable in defence. As Kevin Russell stated in his interview, we’ve got to be better in both boxes. Darrell Clarke will be more than aware.
D’Auria-Henry will be more dangerous and influential than Jackson if given games, in my view.
art vandalay
Agree with Lord Elpuz, we didn‘t recruit to replace Jackson & Broom, although I accept that a couple of the loans might eventually fill those gaps. This has certainly created an imbalance in the team, it‘s robbed us of options going forward, the strikers look worse as a result, and we‘ve resorted to trying new formations and playing players out of position. I‘d assumed Peupion was intended to slot into a midfield three to take up the Broom role but it‘s not exactly working out that way.
everyman
Lord Elpuz wrote: 01 Oct 2023, 09:34 I’m with Ralph on the situation. 6 points, even better 9 points and the place will get a buzz rebirth. I am convinced we have the playing squad that can be moulded to perform much better. I tend to think Cheltenham have got found out by opposition managers/coaches as we’ve played the same style for 4 years now. Clarke will inject something totally different.

"Better in both boxes" ? The problem is between both boxes,the gap between defence-forwards is to wide and the midfield isn`t good enough anyway !!!