Cureton to sign

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Chelt Luke in Glos
Nesty wrote:
Dhansak wrote:
Chelt Luke in Glos wrote:
Nothing on Cheltenham in the echo all week last week
Probably because there was nothing to report.
It mentioned Liz Hurley twice. Cat stuck up a tree........... and two dead donkeys.
Nothing ever positive in the news! ;)
51/84
Nesty wrote:
Dhansak wrote:
Chelt Luke in Glos wrote:
Nothing on Cheltenham in the echo all week last week
Probably because there was nothing to report.
It mentioned Liz Hurley twice. Cat stuck up a tree........... and two dead donkeys.
Nesty you must not say things like that about our 2 former strikers
Ralph
Curetons transfer will be complete in the next 48 hr i read this am.. time to bump this back up
a tweet via JP
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Curetons transfer will be complete in the next 48 hr i read this am.. time to bump this back up
a tweet via JP
It's imminent then!
Robin
So now we know the delay was the holiday and the doom mongers were wrong.
RTT
Robin wrote:So now we know the delay was the holiday and the doom mongers were wrong.
I said that in a post a while back.
Robin
Hopefully the doom mongers will be a bit more patient next time and refrain from attacking and doubting those who share news like JP.
Circa 1887
RTT wrote:
Robin wrote:So now we know the delay was the holiday and the doom mongers were wrong.
I said that in a post a while back.
Me also. Amazed that there was actually any doubt.
leohoenig
Robin wrote:Hopefully the doom mongers will be a bit more patient next time and refrain from attacking and doubting those who share news like JP.
The doom mongers are no more likely to be dictated to by your hopes then Neil will be by RCS'
Circa 1887
Robin wrote:Hopefully the doom mongers will be a bit more patient next time and refrain from attacking and doubting those who share news like JP.
^This^
MarkHalliwell
Spot on Robin.
taxidave
Circa 1887 wrote:
^This^
Perhaps it is because I am old, but I have no idea what ^This^ means. Could someone kindly explain, I have seen it quite a few times on this forum recently but have no idea what it is all about. :? :?
Circa 1887
It means i'm echoing/agreeing with what Robin said and how he phrased it.
taxidave
Circa 1887 wrote:It means i'm echoing/agreeing with what Robin said and how he phrased it.
So why didn't you just say that ??
Coops
taxidave wrote:
Circa 1887 wrote:It means i'm echoing/agreeing with what Robin said and how he phrased it.
^THIS^
Circa 1887
taxidave wrote:
:roll:

It was quicker and easier to type on my phone whilst I was on the move, than typing a complete sentence. You know how it is, Dave
taxidave
Circa 1887 wrote:
taxidave wrote:
:roll:

It was quicker and easier to type on my phone whilst I was on the move, than typing a complete sentence. You know how it is, Dave
No I do not know how it is. Why do you think it is so important that you immediately tell the whole world that you agree with something, why can't you wait until you get home and do it on your pc or laptop, I am sure we can all live with the anticipation.
Circa 1887
Dave - I know you love to have a pop at me, but trust me when I say - I'm just not interested. Stay on topic.
Robin
Dave people using the internet from their PC or laptop is quickly becoming replaced by on the go access from phones and touch pads.
Ralph
Robin wrote:Dave people using the internet from their PC or laptop is quickly becoming replaced by on the go access from phones and touch pads.
Bingo!
Ralph
Ralph wrote:
Robin wrote:Dave people using the internet from their PC or laptop is quickly becoming replaced by on the go access from phones and touch pads.
Bingo!
and Dave.. that means that i'm agreeing with what Robin said :)
asl
Am I included in that bracket, Robin? Why can we not doubt news shared when it has not been officially confirmed? Koz, for example, shared plenty of cast-iron news, from his 'sources' - plus I don't recall 'attacking' JP over this.

The insinuation from the original post was that it was a done deal and that official confirmation was imminent - how could we not doubt this when there was no further news for three weeks? Gary Hooper was closer to signing than that!

^This^
Circa 1887
asl wrote:
Am I included in that bracket, Robin? Why can we not doubt news shared when it has not been officially confirmed? Koz, for example, shared plenty of cast-iron news, from his 'sources' - plus I don't recall 'attacking' JP over this.

The insinuation from the original post was that it was a done deal and that official confirmation was imminent - how could we not doubt this when there was no further news for three weeks? Gary Hooper was closer to signing than that!

^This^
^That^ ;)

I think it's more a case of knowing we can trust JP. He's a fan, he's honest and he's a good journo. A fair few people said that Cuerton was on holiday and that JP was away too - which would easily explain the delay....but it felt like people were fishing to think of other reasons to explain the delay.
Robin
It was not aimed at you or any individual ASL more a general rebuff of comments I had read doubting what was happening.
taxidave
Why is everyone in such a rush these days, no wonder people get irritable they never have time to relax.
C.V
^This^ ;)
R_Payney
taxidave wrote:
Why is everyone in such a rush these days, no wonder people get irritable they never have time to relax.

^Not this^ ;)

...Because most people have jobs and don't have time to sit around on their arse on the laptop all day!
Circa 1887
...Exactly.
taxidave
R_Payney wrote: ...Because most people have jobs and don't have time to sit around on their arse on the laptop all day!
Oh how I wish. There are never enough hours in the day once you retire.
I have a very big allotment to look after, plus all the family think you have time to spare and expect you to do all the jobs they say they have no time to do because they are at work.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We post when we want. We post when we want. We're the Robins Nest Forum, we post when we want.

I don't always want sit down at home and log-in unless nothing is going on - it's quite unsociable. Posting on my phone on the 25 minute commute or at lunch, or logging in briefly at work for quick respite from spreadsheets/reports is much more preferable.