Friendly against GCFC on July 20...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

London Exile
C.V wrote:What is the point of this game??They owe us money why are we even giving them the chance to screw us even more.Wakey Wakey Paul Baker you are having the p!ss taken out of you and you cant see it.
Agree with this. How many chances are we going to give these jokers? Every couple of weeks they seem to be crying in the Citizen about having no money yet they've signed new players and are planning for life in the BSN despite still having not settled their debt! This brings taking the pi$$ to a new level.

I wonder if PB would let me take out some caravan insurance even if I have no means to pay for the insurance?
51/84
I really am toying with missing this game
If a boycott was organised then I would support it, but who would loose out most
Is the match going to see any meaningful football.
Will it be trialists trying to impress
Si Robin
Why would anyone boycott?

I've been on this site for some time now and I'm struggling to think of a more pathetic statement.
Mr Wendal
Has anyone been reading Colin Peak's posts on the lodgers forum? The man is completely nuts :lol: he's so defensive and aggressive when questioned about anything, very strange!
London Exile
Ah Colin Peake, the spin doctor. The sooner that club either fold or they accept that they need to drop down to a sustainable level, the better
C.V
Si Robin wrote:Why would anyone boycott?

I've been on this site for some time now and I'm struggling to think of a more pathetic statement.

Cheltenham fans contributing to the funds of Glos City l for one certainly wont be giving to there fighting fund by attending this game.The same didn't attend the Burnley friendly to help contribute to the Mike Duff transfer.Some of us do have morals
Si Robin
Morals? Its a friendly. If you want to go, so be it, if not then don't bother.

Organising a boycott, that's laughable and pathetic.

For what it's worth, I probably won't go.
C.V
Not organising a boycott just giving my reasons l do have certain principles. It may well be a friendly but the bottom line is if any funds are left over after stewarding and Policing the remainder is split between the clubs.I will not be contributing to Glos Citys funds they can fold for all l care.
Neil
Wow, we really must get under your skin CV!
C.V
Neil wrote:Wow, we really must get under your skin CV!

Yep real parasites
Malabus
Hear hear CV.....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NOW. GET KIM JONG IL OFF OUR SACRED LAND.
mattyboi
Boycott it is then! Im not going, a crowd of Crowd of 2000 could generate Glos city £8000, thats at an average of £10 a head, minus costs.
Liberator
This is getting bloody pathetic, do we really want to see another football club go under just because we have a historic rivalry with it.

If you're a true supporter then the game is more than about money and balance sheets, it's about playing the game at all levels, right from kids under 6s through non league and up to the Premiership.

If Glouceter fold then they certainly won't be able to pay any rent owed to us. If they raise a few quid from some of their pre-season games then it's more likely that we will get paid and if that's some of your/our money then so what.

Remember, if it wasn't for Gloucester City we wouldn't have had Jason Eaton at the club and things could have turned a lot different if the Burton v Cheltenham and the Gloucester v Salisbury results had been a bit different.
asl
I'm not going. Not because of a boycott: simply because PSFs bore me senseless and I'd rather watch paint dry. Bigging it up just cos it's Gloucester City is merely preparation for a huge fall if we lose - while a win will prove absolutely nothing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mr Wendal wrote:Has anyone been reading Colin Peak's posts on the lodgers forum? The man is completely nuts :lol: he's so defensive and aggressive when questioned about anything, very strange!
Below is an extract from the opening of his update on Thursday night. I cannot believe anyone expects this clown to save the club! What a bunch of amateurs. (copied and pasted exactly - spelling errors are his not mine).

"Right an update from me.

Just back home in my office after a long day on the road re football.
After last nights meeting with the Executive Committee, when we stripped away the budget yet again, contrary to headlines in the local paper (but overall a fair representation of where the club is at) our operating loss in a worse case scenario for next season would be around £40k, if new investment is not found or the club is not successful on the field of play in the FA Cup etc. The club can start the season and give a good fist but it can never be allowed to carry on, which it has done year upon year. As Mr Macawber or one of Dickens characters said at the end of the month after all the bills are paid, if you have a penny in your pocket you are a happy man. If you owe a penny - misery. No doubt Phil Warren will put my literary genius correct!!!

The positionn of the club is not critical but it needs to face up to reality and that is with "everyone" connected with it. We can all feel hard done by and point fingers but that does not get one out of the doogy doo!"
Mr Wendal
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Mr Wendal wrote:Has anyone been reading Colin Peak's posts on the lodgers forum? The man is completely nuts :lol: he's so defensive and aggressive when questioned about anything, very strange!
Below is an extract from the opening of his update on Thursday night. I cannot believe anyone expects this clown to save the club! What a bunch of amateurs. (copied and pasted exactly - spelling errors are his not mine).

"Right an update from me.

Just back home in my office after a long day on the road re football.
After last nights meeting with the Executive Committee, when we stripped away the budget yet again, contrary to headlines in the local paper (but overall a fair representation of where the club is at) our operating loss in a worse case scenario for next season would be around £40k, if new investment is not found or the club is not successful on the field of play in the FA Cup etc. The club can start the season and give a good fist but it can never be allowed to carry on, which it has done year upon year. As Mr Macawber or one of Dickens characters said at the end of the month after all the bills are paid, if you have a penny in your pocket you are a happy man. If you owe a penny - misery. No doubt Phil Warren will put my literary genius correct!!!

The positionn of the club is not critical but it needs to face up to reality and that is with "everyone" connected with it. We can all feel hard done by and point fingers but that does not get one out of the doogy doo!"
It's just waffle :lol:

I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club if we were in trouble :|
Laurence
Of course, as has been pointed out, it is none of our business. However, I would be concerned if the only source of information as to what was going on at Cheltenham is some fellow who apparently has no official position at the club. Or a spell-check on his computer.
C.V
Liberator wrote:This is getting bloody pathetic, do we really want to see another football club go under just because we have a historic rivalry with it.

If you're a true supporter then the game is more than about money and balance sheets, it's about playing the game at all levels, right from kids under 6s through non league and up to the Premiership.

If Glouceter fold then they certainly won't be able to pay any rent owed to us. If they raise a few quid from some of their pre-season games then it's more likely that we will get paid and if that's some of your/our money then so what.

Remember, if it wasn't for Gloucester City we wouldn't have had Jason Eaton at the club and things could have turned a lot different if the Burton v Cheltenham and the Gloucester v Salisbury results had been a bit different.

Hey if you want to go feel free to go but dont preach to me. l know we are being conned if you feel comfortable with that fine you trott along and throw your money at it
Neil
So you want details and moan when I suggest it's none of your business you get your knickers in a twist. Then when you get details via Colin you mock him.

Also you want your club to be paid but when an effort is made to raise money to pay your club you don't want us to make any money so your club won't get paid.

LOL.
Liberator
Hey if you want to go feel free to go but dont preach to me. l know we are being conned if you feel comfortable with that fine you trott along and throw your money at it
How was this preaching at you? My comments were general, not addressed to any one individual. And as it happens I probably won't be going to this game as there are other more interesting Pre season friendlies.
C.V
Liberator wrote:
How was this preaching at you? My comments were general, not addressed to any one individual. And as it happens I probably won't be going to this game as there are other more interesting Pre season friendlies.

As l say anyone not just Libertor feels fine with the Glos situation great trott along and throw your money to them.Please dont come on here in a few months time crying though when they welsh on the deal again.
51/84
Is that a racist comment now welshing!

Yes it may be a football club but who do they owe the money to
Is it some faceless wonder or is it our club and local suppliers etc
Is it HMRC or the council , if it is us one way or another

If you run a company and cannot pay your bills you go into administration then liquidation end off
Why should a football club be any different
Pay up or die!
ctfc-fan
Phil Warren, my old teacher!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Liberator wrote:This is getting bloody pathetic, do we really want to see another football club go under just because we have a historic rivalry with it.

If I go and part with my hard-earned, I want reassurance that they are going to pay the rent. Last thing I want is to fund yet another new signing for them, only for them not to pay the rent and go bust in January.

If all the money from the game came to CTFC and was used to write off the equivalent amount of the owed money then I'd be much more willing to go.

I don't especially want Gloucester to go bust - I'd happily see them ground-share for longer IF they pay rent on time and pull their weight, or would also like to see a new stadium somewhere in Gloucester and for them to stabilise. But, as a CTFC supporter, my priority concern is that we are paid what we are owed and not mugged off by seeing our rent money spent on new signings.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:So you want details and moan when I suggest it's none of your business you get your knickers in a twist. Then when you get details via Colin you mock him.

Also you want your club to be paid but when an effort is made to raise money to pay your club you don't want us to make any money so your club won't get paid.

LOL.
Of course we mock him - have you seen his posts, and his sun-glasses!

I can imagine the business meetings between Baker and Peake:

CP: "err so we money owe?"
PB: "Yes Colin, you seem to be learning, well done! You do owe us money and have for a long time - much longer than the big hand going all the way round the numbers! Can we have our money - you know, m-o-n-e-y"
CP: "me not got money, fake tan lots of money"
PB: *Head-desk*
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What on earth does this mean - surely Baker has not let them off?

“When you look at other clubs, a current debt of just under £20k is almost nothing to worry about. I have been given personal assurances that will be written off, as and when the restructure is in place, alongside an undertaking that anyone taking on the playing side alone will start with a blank canvas with no black holes or dark corners”.

C. Peake, 20th June: http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/full-s ... lin-peake/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
If its almost nothing to worry about then pay it off

As a shareholder I am sure that PB or PG will respond by assuring us that it is not us that are writing any debt off

Over to our chairman or club secretary
Neil
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Neil wrote:So you want details and moan when I suggest it's none of your business you get your knickers in a twist. Then when you get details via Colin you mock him.

LOL.
Of course we mock him - have you seen his posts, and his sun-glasses!

I can imagine the business meetings between Baker and Peake:

CP: "err so we money owe?"
PB: "Yes Colin, you seem to be learning, well done! You do owe us money and have for a long time - much longer than the big hand going all the way round the numbers! Can we have our money - you know, m-o-n-e-y"
CP: "me not got money, fake tan lots of money"
PB: *Head-desk*
Again, you want information that's none of your business and you come out with puerile nonsense like this and try to make our man look an absolute #$£!. The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if the experience that Mr Peake has in the game knocks what Mr Baker has into a cocked hat.

But hey, what do I know. After all, it's none of my business.
Ralph
Neil for the first time ever i'm going to agree with you :o :oops:
RCS knock it off or the thread gets locked. Keep it civil or step away from the computer.

We say we want neil to give us info but he don't. We then mock the guy that is supplying that info.. :roll:
London Exile
So GCFC owe us circa £20k and we have a friendly where gate receipts will be split 50/50 with whatever that generates being used to cover debt owed to us?
In effect, our supporters are being asked to contribute towards paying off the debt that our 'tennants' have ran up and cannot afford to settle.
On this board there has been many negative comments towards clubs that have seemingly lived beyond their means, and rightly so, yet now, because a club owes us money the perception is different and as fans we should be happy to help cover the debts of GCFC through attending the PSF? I wont be going, I'd sooner right off the debt and cancel the agreement for 13/14 season.
PB told JP in the interview that this agreement now generates little profit and isn't as viable as it was when it started, so I have to ask, why are we continuing with it?
I get PB is a nice guy, but FGR didn't want them, so why should they become our problem?
Reading the spin doctors comments, there is no guarantee that they wont face the same issue in the coming weeks and months so why don't we just cut our losses, let them use that £20k to fund a groundshare elsewhere, at a level they can sustain for the next 3/4/5 years until they finally stop pi$$ing Gloucester Council off, and build a ground that meets planning permission.

PB has done a lot of good for this club but, in my opinion, this current agreement does nothing for Cheltenham Town Football Club, our generosity is being abused and it needs to stop NOW
C.V
^^Absolutley spot on^^
Neil
I'll bet the people who get work through the ground being used twice as often love it when you spiteful bastards call for the groundshare to be cancelled.
London Exile
Last time I looked Cheltenham Town Football Club wasn't a registered charity
C.V
Neil wrote:I'll bet the people who get work through the ground being used twice as often love it when you spiteful bastards call for the groundshare to be cancelled.

And if the boot was on the other foot you would be falling over yourselves to welcome us jog on Neil
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Neil for the first time ever i'm going to agree with you :o :oops:
RCS knock it off or the thread gets locked. Keep it civil or step away from the computer.

We say we want neil to give us info but he don't. We then mock the guy that is supplying that info.. :roll:
Apologies - I did overstep the mark and will cease to abuse Colin Peake. We don't abuse b*llsh*t or illiteracy from each other on this forum any more so only right to extend that to posts on other forums too :)

Neil - apologies also. It is good to see the information coming from Peake and GCFC, even if it does appear farcical it's useful to see the plans coming along.