fixing games

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

rasta
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25288657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
I blame the bookies. They have brought it on themselves. Once they started to accept bets on trivial events such as the number of yellow cards or minor events (in relative terms) such as Conference South football, it was bound to happen.

The simple solution is for them to stop taking these bets and the problem would be eliminated.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:I blame the bookies. They have brought it on themselves. Once they started to accept bets on trivial events such as the number of yellow cards or minor events (in relative terms) such as Conference South football, it was bound to happen.

The simple solution is for them to stop taking these bets and the problem would be eliminated.
Not Conference South - League One:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ening.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trickster
Red Duke wrote:I blame the bookies. They have brought it on themselves. Once they started to accept bets on trivial events such as the number of yellow cards or minor events (in relative terms) such as Conference South football, it was bound to happen.

Agree the lower down the pyramid you go the greater the temptation, people in different countries across the globe are betting millions on relatively minor games in the UK, one non-league chairman was talking on the box who was actually trying to get to the bottom of this said more money was gambled on his clubs game than was placed on Barcelona in the Champions League the same evening, so the bookies stopped taking bets on the outcome.

You are right the temptation is too great for these small clubs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Police now investigating a championship game from last season. Second highest level in the pyramid.