so how do they do it

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CheltRobin
Agreeable is my middle name!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If football was banned tomorrow, the 'off pitch' facilities at Burton would be better than ours, and Fleetwood's money is all from their owner and that is your answer.

Burton is full of industry and located in the heart of England. Their stadium is named after a main supplier to the richest of sports - F1 - and built on land that company gave them for free. A stand is named after Coors. Bit better than ABS and In2Print.

Supply chain inudstries are big in the town/area - and with the lack of many other modern locations in what is mainly a tatty town I suspect a lot of business events are hosted at the stadium.

Fleetwood as mentioned are bank-rolled and I still suspect it will go belly up or go as far as Crawley have.
Malabus
On the other end of the scale I see Hereford will be at court on Monday.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:On the other end of the scale I see Hereford will be at court on Monday.
If they can afford the bus fair to get there.
Sprout Picker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If football was banned tomorrow, the 'off pitch' facilities at Burton would be better than ours, and Fleetwood's money is all from their owner and that is your answer.

Burton is full of industry and located in the heart of England. Their stadium is named after a main supplier to the richest of sports - F1 - and built on land that company gave them for free. A stand is named after Coors. Bit better than ABS and In2Print.

Supply chain inudstries are big in the town/area - and with the lack of many other modern locations in what is mainly a tatty town I suspect a lot of business events are hosted at the stadium.

Fleetwood as mentioned are bank-rolled and I still suspect it will go belly up or go as far as Crawley have.
On the money there, RCS.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Wembley exists to make money and not to be beneficial to fans.

Clubs like Arsenal don't mind because they are fully involved in the Sky/sponsorship/corporate/high prices bubble. But lower league teams suffer.

L1 and L2 are a different world to top flight now. The same way we can barely afford players (wage inflation) and have low gates (sky sports), overpriced tickets and futile attempts to chase the dream, the obsession with playing at Wembley does nothing but charge too much money to go to an empty stadium which is hard to get to watch lower league football.

Is it time to overhaul the whole thing? Wage and ticket price caps in L1 and L2. Play off final at a smaller more accessible. Fans are vital at this level abd every policy seems to hurt the fans more and more.
Miles Platting
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Wembley exists to make money and not to be beneficial to fans.

Clubs like Arsenal don't mind because they are fully involved in the Sky/sponsorship/corporate/high prices bubble. But lower league teams suffer.

L1 and L2 are a different world to top flight now. The same way we can barely afford players (wage inflation) and have low gates (sky sports), overpriced tickets and futile attempts to chase the dream, the obsession with playing at Wembley does nothing but charge too much money to go to an empty stadium which is hard to get to watch lower league football.

Is it time to overhaul the whole thing? Wage and ticket price caps in L1 and L2. Play off final at a smaller more accessible. Fans are vital at this level abd every policy seems to hurt the fans more and more.
Totally agree.