Expect a phonecall soon ST - 600 sold

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

taxidave
Ralph wrote:
51/84 wrote:there is no backroom staff other than Debs from the shop
I wonder if MY is on comission

It is nice to see the chairman and the chairman engaging with the supporters or should I say ex supporters
I wonder if they will give a bit of extra discount or extend the early bird date

Do report back if you get the call
we have 2 chairmen? Amazing what you learn on this forum
If you have nothing better to do than pick holes in other people's post then I suggest you stay away until you have something constructive to offer.
THECHOIRBOY
If we end up 100-200 down, it is not ideal but i think probably satisfactory. I am hypothesizing but I would imagine just like attendances are falling in England so are season ticket sales (in terms of ££) so it would probably be in sync with other clubs.

As Robin and TD have said, key will be to do things to get crowd engaged again, and whilst a signing or two will help, i think the first 3 games now have even more pressure on them to get off to a good start.
C.V
I really do hope either Mr Baker or Yates call me.I will make it crystal clear to them the money is not the issue.I stopped going at Xmas time as l was fed up of seeing the same rubbish week after week.The times we had a lead and threw it away it was pittiful watching it.Yates has clearly run out of ideas the coaching has been farcical once hes gone l would be first in line to re-new but till then its money staying in my pocket.
Si Robin
I can see him sacking Yates on the spot CV.
trickster
Si Robin wrote:I can see him sacking Yates on the spot CV.
He won't sack Yates on the spot he hasn't got the balls, and like others have said he probably needs the rent money.
duebenji
Just as none that complain on here have the balls to say the following, Trickster. Despite a number of you feeling the same:

"l was fed up of seeing the same rubbish week after week.The times we had a lead and threw it away it was pittiful watching it.Yates has clearly run out of ideas the coaching has been farcical once hes gone l would be first in line to re-new but till then its money staying in my pocket."

Sure, you might say you were not happy with what you saw. However, I guarantee that none of you that think this way will have the balls to say how you truly "feel" in the tone of disgust you display on these boards.

Cue those that this applies to getting their backs up claiming I sit on the other side of the fence or, more ridiculously, calling me a 'rosetinter' or whatever. Let me state my stance before you start making assumptions.

Was I happy with last season? Absolutely not. I wanted change and I've got change. I didn't want the drastic change the majority wanted. I'm content with Yates having another year contract. Note the word - content. I don't feel the need to be overly dramatic at either end of the scale like a number on here certainly appear to do so.

We've shipped out a number of players; most players for the good, one or two for the bad. We've got a good crop of youth players added to the first team squad, with 2 or 3 of them closing in on a starting place. We've got a new voice, with another to come, added to the coaching staff. That is enough change to keep me content and willing to see how the new season starts. If next season starts to follow the same pattern as this season just gone, then we will see, undoubtedly, more change to the staffing set-up.

I've said my piece. Back to watching the pathetic agendas and back and forth bickering of this forum.
taxidave
Have had my phone call at 17.20 and I said roughly this.........
"l was fed up of seeing the same rubbish week after week.The times we had a lead and threw it away it was pitiful watching it.Yates has clearly run out of ideas the coaching has been farcical and once hes gone l would be first in line to re-new but till then its money staying in my pocket."
Some of us have got balls.
Malabus
taxidave wrote:Have had my phone call at 17.20 and I said roughly this.........
"l was fed up of seeing the same rubbish week after week.The times we had a lead and threw it away it was pitiful watching it.Yates has clearly run out of ideas the coaching has been farcical and once hes gone l would be first in line to re-new but till then its money staying in my pocket."
Top three this season Dave....you'll be missing out on a lot of superb soccer at WR. :ugeek::cool:
Malabus
Gaffer phoning fans..

Chairman

duebenji
Why am I not shocked that you're the first to respond with "Some of us have got the balls"? Not shocked in the slightest. Some people just can not help themselves.
C.V
duebenji wrote:Just as none that complain on here have the balls to say the following, Trickster. Despite a number of you feeling the same:

"l was fed up of seeing the same rubbish week after week.The times we had a lead and threw it away it was pittiful watching it.Yates has clearly run out of ideas the coaching has been farcical once hes gone l would be first in line to re-new but till then its money staying in my pocket."

Sure, you might say you were not happy with what you saw. However, I guarantee that none of you that think this way will have the balls to say how you truly "feel" in the tone of disgust you display on these boards.

Cue those that this applies to getting their backs up claiming I sit on the other side of the fence or, more ridiculously, calling me a 'rosetinter' or whatever. Let me state my stance before you start making assumptions.

Was I happy with last season? Absolutely not. I wanted change and I've got change. I didn't want the drastic change the majority wanted. I'm content with Yates having another year contract. Note the word - content. I don't feel the need to be overly dramatic at either end of the scale like a number on here certainly appear to do so.

We've shipped out a number of players; most players for the good, one or two for the bad. We've got a good crop of youth players added to the first team squad, with 2 or 3 of them closing in on a starting place. We've got a new voice, with another to come, added to the coaching staff. That is enough change to keep me content and willing to see how the new season starts. If next season starts to follow the same pattern as this season just gone, then we will see, undoubtedly, more change to the staffing set-up.

I've said my piece. Back to watching the pathetic agendas and back and forth bickering of this forum.

I guarantee i will be saying exactley what I posted.
Andy
duebenji wrote:
Why am I not shocked that you're the first to respond with "Some of us have got the balls"? Not shocked in the slightest. Some people just can not help themselves.
What do you expect though when you threw the gauntlet down to start with. Either way TD wouldn't win because either you say "I was right, no one had the balls" or you respond saying "why am I not shocked"

What point are you actually proving?

And just for information, I've renewed 3 tickets this week.
Malabus
Sometimes you have to fall to use your muscles to get back up and become stronger.
Last season was dire...but dire usually ceases to exist for a while (swings and roundabouts)...it's a question if you support the club or not through bad and good times.
duebenji
Andy wrote:What do you expect though when you threw the gauntlet down to start with. Either way TD wouldn't win because either you say "I was right, no one had the balls" or you respond saying "why am I not shocked"
The last comment was nothing to do with the "gauntlet", more to do with Dave's undying need to be the first to disprove something.
taxidave
duebenji wrote:The last comment was nothing to do with the "gauntlet", more to do with Dave's undying need to be the first to disprove something.
Or perhaps I was one of the first to get the phone call, I presume they are doing it in alphabetical order.
Reliant Robin
C.V wrote:Think this clearly knocks Reliant Robin's and others idea that its only the odd one or two that have not bothered under the current circumstances at the club.Its clearly going to effect the budget but the board only have them selves to blame they knew as the dissatisfied customers what the problem was and they have done nothing about it.They are sticking with the manager so they have made there bed now they have to lie in it.
Are you from Cheltenham C.V ? Are you even from Gloucestershire ?

I'm not from either the Town or the County, no where near in fact, but I am proud to support the local Team and wear its colours. How you can glorify in your belief that season ticket sales have not yet matched last season is beyond me. Do the people of Cheltenham deserve a professional football team ? I think those who are revelling in not renewing their season tickets are providing the clear answer to that question. Just remember - once it's gone, IT'S GONE. You glibly feel that if the current manager goes, then you'll be first in line to renew - but renew what? You and the 400 others you claim will not be renewing will have destroyed our chances of sustaining our professional status ... so I hope you feel proud of that.

I stand on our Terraces week in and week out and I have to pinch myself sometimes because it is easy to forget how far this proud Club has come since its non-League days. We have what we have because of the likes of Paul Baker. What have you done ? You've paid over money for admission and you have some warped view that our performances should be sustained at a level you deem appropriate for the amount of money you hand over, week in, week out, season in, season out, but if it falls short at any point, you are going to mount a small protest & withdraw your support in the vain hope that you will encourage others to join you to destroy the Club.

For the sake of the decent fans who have renewed or intend to renew, I pray that you are wrong.
Circa 1887
Good lord, what a load of histrionics.

Either buy a season ticket or don't. Freedom of choice. Nobody has any obligations. Get over it, everyone.
Si Robin
And the response was?
C.V wrote:
duebenji wrote:Just as none that complain on here have the balls to say the following, Trickster. Despite a number of you feeling the same:

You hero....
C.V
Reliant Robin wrote:
C.V wrote:Think this clearly knocks Reliant Robin's and others idea that its only the odd one or two that have not bothered under the current circumstances at the club.Its clearly going to effect the budget but the board only have them selves to blame they knew as the dissatisfied customers what the problem was and they have done nothing about it.They are sticking with the manager so they have made there bed now they have to lie in it.
Are you from Cheltenham C.V ? Are you even from Gloucestershire ?

I'm not from either the Town or the County, no where near in fact, but I am proud to support the local Team and wear its colours. How you can glorify in your belief that season ticket sales have not yet matched last season is beyond me. Do the people of Cheltenham deserve a professional football team ? I think those who are revelling in not renewing their season tickets are providing the clear answer to that question. Just remember - once it's gone, IT'S GONE. You glibly feel that if the current manager goes, then you'll be first in line to renew - but renew what? You and the 400 others you claim will not be renewing will have destroyed our chances of sustaining our professional status ... so I hope you feel proud of that.

I stand on our Terraces week in and week out and I have to pinch myself sometimes because it is easy to forget how far this proud Club has come since its non-League days. We have what we have because of the likes of Paul Baker. What have you done ? You've paid over money for admission and you have some warped view that our performances should be sustained at a level you deem appropriate for the amount of money you hand over, week in, week out, season in, season out, but if it falls short at any point, you are going to mount a small protest & withdraw your support in the vain hope that you will encourage others to join you to destroy the Club.

For the sake of the decent fans who have renewed or intend to renew, I pray that you are wrong.

Oh dear Drama Queen
C.V
Si Robin wrote:
And the response was?
C.V wrote:

You hero....

As someone else just posted you do what you want l am not preaching to anyone.Its my choice if l wanted to see repeat performances week after week l would watch the same film over and over again.Life is short get on with yours Si.
Uppy
We were renewing ours anyway, but PB called earlier in the evening.
Judge_Dreddful
Circa 1887 wrote:Good lord, what a load of histrionics.

Either buy a season ticket or don't. Freedom of choice. Nobody has any obligations. Get over it, everyone.
The most sensible post on this thread.
Carthorse Ted
Malabus wrote:Gaffer phoning fans..

Chairman

Subtitled :-

THECHOIRBOY
Agree re: histrionics on here. Buy one or dont. Simple!

Back to the exercise itself and I actually think it is a good one and I wouldnt be surprised if other clubs looked in saying "I wish our club would do something similar"
Sprout Picker
THECHOIRBOY wrote:Agree re: histrionics on here. Buy one or dont. Simple!

Back to the exercise itself and I actually think it is a good one and I wouldnt be surprised if other clubs looked in saying "I wish our club would do something similar"
Agree totally. I generally end up renewing mine at the last minute anyway due to work commitments, this year being no different. I was called earlier and think it is a good way of not only improving season ticket sales but also improving the relationship between the club and fans.

Sadly I wasn't able to take the opportunity to speak to MY as I was busy with work but I appreciate the effort the club is making and hope we can get back to seeing something akin to the hungry, enthusiastic side we had a couple of years ago.
trickster
PB rang me!

PB
I just called to say we need you
I just called to say how much we care
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

Trickster
Well we told you once and we told you twice
But ya never listen to our advice
You don't try very hard to please us
With what you know it should be easy
Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
We don't know. Oh no. Oh no
Well, I'm sorry Paul but we can't stay
Feelin' like we do today
It's too much pain and too much sorrow
Guess we'll feel the same tomorrow
Maybe the last time
We don't know. Oh no.

Good night Paul

Good night trickster
confused.com
Darren Angels budgie wrote:
51/84 wrote: So if we are 400 down on last season thats about £140000 down ouch
So, you compare last year's final season ticket figures with this years at the end of May. And totally disregard the chairman's comments that he is pleased with the sales.

And I'm not really interested that you or the rest of the usual characters are not buying one. You really think if we sell the same number of season tickets as last year this must mean all those who had season tickets last year have bought one again? There will be new season ticket holders, while some won't renew. It's the way markets work.

Just a shame it doesn't suit your agenda.
Look on the bright side, (actually VERY bright side). The fact that they won't be going back next season, means we won't have them on every week complaining about the game / score /formation / team / manager / supporters / atmosphere / price / burgers / acoustics / I2P.......... looking forward to it already
confused.com
trickster wrote:PB rang me!

PB
I just called to say how much we care
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

Trickster
Well we told you once and we told you twice
But ya never listen to our advice
You don't try very hard to please us
With what you know it should be easy
Maybe the last time
We don't know. Oh no. Oh no
Well, I'm sorry Paul but we can't stay
Feelin' like we do today
It's too much pain and too much sorrow
Guess we'll feel the same tomorrow
Maybe the last time
We don't know. Oh no.

Good night Paul

Good night trickster
All I can say to you Trickster is :-

Keep it up
Keep it goin'
Cause you're fine
And you know it
I love it when you talk that s#!t
Yell it loud
So I can hear it
Cuss me out
Make me feel it
confused.com
taxidave wrote:
Ralph wrote:
51/84 wrote:there is no backroom staff other than Debs from the shop
I wonder if MY is on comission

It is nice to see the chairman and the chairman engaging with the supporters or should I say ex supporters
I wonder if they will give a bit of extra discount or extend the early bird date

Do report back if you get the call
we have 2 chairmen? Amazing what you learn on this forum
If you have nothing better to do than pick holes in other people's post then I suggest you stay away until you have something constructive to offer.
Now THAT is irony
Uppy
confused.com wrote:
Darren Angels budgie wrote:
51/84 wrote: So if we are 400 down on last season thats about £140000 down ouch
So, you compare last year's final season ticket figures with this years at the end of May. And totally disregard the chairman's comments that he is pleased with the sales.

And I'm not really interested that you or the rest of the usual characters are not buying one. You really think if we sell the same number of season tickets as last year this must mean all those who had season tickets last year have bought one again? There will be new season ticket holders, while some won't renew. It's the way markets work.

Just a shame it doesn't suit your agenda.
Look on the bright side, (actually VERY bright side). The fact that they won't be going back next season, means we won't have them on every week complaining about the game / score /formation / team / manager / supporters / atmosphere / price / burgers / acoustics / I2P.......... looking forward to it already
Are you really THAT naive to suggest that not watching games prevents people from complaining? :D
confused.com
Uppy - you have just ruined next season for me LOL
Alf
I hope the former season ticket holders that they phone will be irate enough, after being phoned half way through their Friday night fish & chips, to tell them why they are not renewing?
I take it they will be phoning individually and not doing a Little & Large double act down the phone?
Shade
Alf wrote:I hope the former season ticket holders that they phone will be irate enough, after being phoned half way through their Friday night fish & chips, to tell them why they are not renewing?
I take it they will be phoning individually and not doing a Little & Large double act down the phone?
1) I doubt they'll be ringing anybody during their Friday night fish and chips as it's a bit late for the early bird deadline by then.
2) From the pictures above I very much assume they're phoning individually and not via some kind of bizarre conference call.
PB: "Hi, I'm Paul"
MY: "And I'm Mark, and we're just calling to try to persuade you to renew your"
PB: "Season"
MY: "Ticket"
PB: "Before"
MY: "Friday's"
Both: "Early Bird Deadline!"
Alf
I meant last Friday unless they only started doing it this week in which case I meant another day. Fish & Chips are not just for Friday. Hope I have every 'smart arse' angle covered now but probably not.
Last edited by Alf on 30 May 2014, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Sprout Picker
Alf wrote:I meant last Friday.
They weren't doing the calls last Friday? :?