Season long loan anyone

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

C.V
Looks like hes going out on loan for next season.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/port-v ... re-u-turn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Apparently we tried to get him last season but he's not good enough in my view.
Si Robin
I'd take him back. Not sure he'd come though.
Joey
No.

Move on.
Reliant Robin
There is no chance of Kaid coming back to Cheltenham - he was hounded out like Jermaine, Billy Jones, Danny Andrew, Brian Smikle, Jeff Goulding, etc etc, by some of our 'fans' who have a need to find scapegoats.

Not too difficult to predict who those 'fans' will target this season. I just hope those same 'fans' don't start boo-ing again when we have young players on the field, like they did at our last game of the season v Daggers. That was disgraceful.
51/84
Ok you have landed me

From that list at the time none of them apart from jermaine were good enough.
None were hounded out
As for Jermaine read duffos article about him in the echo

I think the problem is that Mo doesnt want to play in the conference

He made the call so he can stick with it
Reliant Robin
We will have to agree to disagree then 51/84.

My recollection of the away match at Plymouth last season was that Kaid came in for an onslaught from some of our 'fans' which resulted in Yatesie trying to defend him and then he drew flack too.

Jeff Goulding got falsely accused of making gestures at CTFC fans at Wycombe away - it didn't happen, I was sat in that away end and so was Paul Baker, but such was that 'fans' hysteria over the incident that never happened, Goulding never stood a chance.

Jones and Andrew were constantly ridiculed for their defending and Smikle was often the scapegoat when he came on for his cameo final 10 minutes of a game.

If Jermaine hadn't been exposed as a player not trying in a training session, then I feel sure he would have remained here this season putting in 100%, but he knew he wouldn't stand a chance with some of our crowd.
Si Robin
Reliant Robin wrote:We will have to agree to disagree then 51/84.

My recollection of the away match at Plymouth last season was that Kaid came in for an onslaught from some of our 'fans' which resulted in Yatesie trying to defend him and then he drew flack too.

Jeff Goulding got falsely accused of making gestures at CTFC fans at Wycombe away - it didn't happen, I was sat in that away end and so was Paul Baker, but such was that 'fans' hysteria over the incident that never happened, Goulding never stood a chance.

Jones and Andrew were constantly ridiculed for their defending and Smikle was often the scapegoat when he came on for his cameo final 10 minutes of a game.

If Jermaine hadn't been exposed as a player not trying in a training session, then I feel sure he would have remained here this season putting in 100%, but he knew he wouldn't stand a chance with some of our crowd.
I agreed with you until then.

McGlashan has been off for ages, it was at the beginning of April when we heard about him looking around the facilities of other clubs. All this abuse he's alleged to have received must have slipped over my head because as a Twitter user and following an awful lot of Cheltenham fans on there, I don't recall seeing much of it (although I must concede that when it came out it was him my mother's funeral was taking place and I was extremely drunk later on, however I saw nothing in terms of retweets the following day).
Robin

Wrong it absolutely did happen I saw it with my own eyes, please take those blinkers off Reliant, quite a few fans witnessed it too.

You seem to have some warped view that CTFC fans create some cauldron of hate when in fact our fans are some of the most tame around.
Reliant Robin
On the point of the McGlashan tweets, as a user of Twitter, sadly I can confirm that it was very clear on that social media the Cheltenham fans were not going to forgive the player for that exposure. McGlashan himself had asked that the incident would not be declared by the Club. The result is that we lost Scotty and McGlashan because of a training ground incident that should have stayed on the training ground. As for him looking at other Clubs, all players do that towards the end of contracts, on advice from their Agents, in order to stoke-up interest elsewhere to hopefully bump up their current contracts.

On the Goulding incident, sorry Robin - but you see what you want to see, that's evident from your posts on this Forum - we all know that ;)
Reliant Robin
Robin wrote:
You seem to have some warped view that CTFC fans create some cauldron of hate when in fact our fans are some of the most tame around.
Warp factor 1 Scotty, we need to get out of here as fast as we can, the inhabitants are extremely hostile

Set stazers on fun !!! :lol:
51/84
Robin wrote:

Wrong it absolutely did happen I saw it with my own eyes, please take those blinkers off Reliant, quite a few fans witnessed it too.

Robin I was at the wycombe match and Goulding did not make a gesture ( or at least one that could be seen by more than 1 or 2
I defended him but the end of the day he was not good enough - where is he now
@RR
Andrew - defending poor , foul and abisive and knew better than the manager - perhaps he has grown up
Jones - again I defended him especially when he was ripped apart at PV but again where is he now
Smikle tried hard but it didnt quiet work - where is he now

None of them hounded out as for McGlashan we were told at the forum he was unlikely to stay - were you at the forum or wycombe or vale RR
Joey
Reliant Robin wrote:On the point of the McGlashan tweets, as a user of Twitter, sadly I can confirm that it was very clear on that social media the Cheltenham fans were not going to forgive the player for that exposure. McGlashan himself had asked that the incident would not be declared by the Club. The result is that we lost Scotty and McGlashan because of a training ground incident that should have stayed on the training ground. As for him looking at other Clubs, all players do that towards the end of contracts, on advice from their Agents, in order to stoke-up interest elsewhere to hopefully bump up their current contracts.

On the Goulding incident, sorry Robin - but you see what you want to see, that's evident from your posts on this Forum - we all know that ;)
We didn't lose Scotty because of the incident.
Robin
Scotty went because it was a fresh start miles away from anywhere and the equivilant of league one footy, you would imagine a pay rise too.
Ralph
Joey wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:On the point of the McGlashan tweets, as a user of Twitter, sadly I can confirm that it was very clear on that social media the Cheltenham fans were not going to forgive the player for that exposure. McGlashan himself had asked that the incident would not be declared by the Club. The result is that we lost Scotty and McGlashan because of a training ground incident that should have stayed on the training ground. As for him looking at other Clubs, all players do that towards the end of contracts, on advice from their Agents, in order to stoke-up interest elsewhere to hopefully bump up their current contracts.

We didn't lose Scotty because of the incident.
whichever way you look at it, its a step up from CTFC
Reliant Robin
Joey: you don't know the full reason Scotty left, & in truth *neither do I, but I would contend that at the point Scotty did his 'players not trying' interview, he had made his mind up to go and that interview seemed like the catalyst to me - and also by going public he probably realised his position had become untenable. I really hope Scotty goes on to become a top keeper via Aberdeen and that one day he publishes his *memoirs, then we will all know for sure.

51/84: read again my post time-stamped 10:27 above, you will clearly see I do attend away games & for the record I also attend Forums.
Reliant Robin
51/84 wrote: (Goulding:) I defended him but the end of the day he was not good enough - where is he now
@RR
Andrew - defending poor , foul and abisive and knew better than the manager - perhaps he has grown up
Jones - again I defended him especially when he was ripped apart at PV but again where is he now

None of them hounded out as for McGlashan we were told at the forum he was unlikely to stay - were you at the forum or wycombe or vale RR
Goulding is at Dover who have just been promoted to Conference Premier (one league below us) and he's scored 5 goals in 2 appearances. I believe he has the quality to be playing at League 2 level.

Jones is at Gloucester City but as we know has been struggling with injuries, but if he was ever to regain full fitness many of us will remember the amount of assists he delivered.

Smikle is playing Conference North level for Altrincham, a decent level for Brian but he's capable of playing in Conference Premier.

You didn't mention Danny Andrew, obviously, but I am really pleased for the lad, he's re-emerged and now going to be playing League 1. Good luck to him.
thetonga
I am led to believe that a contributing factor to Brown leaving was that he was upset that Messrs Lowe and Penn were allowed to leave.
Joey
Reliant Robin wrote:Joey: you don't know the full reason Scotty left, & in truth *neither do I, but I would contend that at the point Scotty did his 'players not trying' interview, he had made his mind up to go and that interview seemed like the catalyst to me - and also by going public he probably realised his position had become untenable. I really hope Scotty goes on to become a top keeper via Aberdeen and that one day he publishes his *memoirs, then we will all know for sure.

51/84: read again my post time-stamped 10:27 above, you will clearly see I do attend away games & for the record I also attend Forums.

It might have had an effect, yes. It wasn't the main reason however, as he even said himself the reason he moved was because he had nothing to keep him in Wolverhampton and a bigger opportunity arose.
CTFC03
Goulding has fantastic ability on the ball but he is very lazy.
little mo
Once again another thread completely off topic, with the same ones falling out all the time. BORING. BORING. FRIGGING BORING.
51/84
51/84 wrote:
Robin wrote:

Robin I was at the wycombe match and Goulding did not make a gesture ( or at least one that could be seen by more than 1 or 2
I defended him but the end of the day he was not good enough - where is he now
@RR

Read it again and you will see I do mention Andrew but dont let the facts warp your version (clue its the line below @RR)
CheltRobin
RR - McG was quite clearly on the beach for the last few months of the season, so then to turn around and blame his departure on a few comments on social media was a complete load of c**p! As soon as it looked like we were gonna stay around mid-table, he was probably on the phone to his agent saying "get me a new club, then I will blame the fans anyway for my departure"

I will not shed 1 tear about his departure.

As for Scott Brown, he has said (and why should he lie?), that a big reason behind his move up to Aberdeen was becuase his father has passed away and the family as a whole are moving there - Nothing whatsoever to do with his comments about the non-trying players.

Also - realising his position was untenable?!? Where did you get that notion from?!?
Reliant Robin
CheltRobin wrote:RR - McG was quite clearly on the beach for the last few months of the season, so then to turn around and blame his departure on a few comments on social media was a complete load of c**p! As soon as it looked like we were gonna stay around mid-table, he was probably on the phone to his agent saying "get me a new club, then I will blame the fans anyway for my departure"

I will not shed 1 tear about his departure.

As for Scott Brown, he has said (and why should he lie?), that a big reason behind his move up to Aberdeen was becuase his father has passed away and the family as a whole are moving there - Nothing whatsoever to do with his comments about the non-trying players.

Also - realising his position was untenable?!? Where did you get that notion from?!?
In respect of the Scotty situation - if you read my post again (posted at 13:14) I did say that I didn't know and I used the word 'probably' which is a far cry from your misquoting me as making a definitive statement.

And your piece about McGlashan is equally guesswork on your part as you also use the word 'probably'. Difference is I admit it, but in your case you use the same phraseology but you expect your statement to carry more weight :roll:

And that concludes the case for the Defence M'Lud ;)
CheltRobin
I don't expect my opinions to carry more weight than yours RR - Where did I say or even imply that? Wrong again RR.
Reliant Robin
I'm not wrong CbeltRobin. I don't think you know what you are writing, but it's in print.

Re-read c a r e f u l l y this time ;)
CheltRobin
Definately an overuse of Smilies me thinks.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:Ok you have landed me

None were hounded out

Not good enough? But still managed to play the best football we have played in the last ten years, and coming close to winning a play-off final against the most in-form team in the country.

If you think we can just go and cherry-pick players who can do better than that then you will be disappointed.
51/84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

None were hounded out

Not good enough? But still managed to play the best football we have played in the last ten years, and coming close to winning a play-off final against the most in-form team in the country.

If you think we can just go and cherry-pick players who can do better than that then you will be disappointed.
RCS did you read the list of players referred to
Andrew Smikle Jones and Goulding
So let me recap this Garbutt replaced Andrew
Jones didnt come in until Garbutt left
Goulding was a shock pick on the final when did he play previously more than 1 game
Smikle remind me when he played a full game or 2
Dont let the facts get in the way
Read the whole thread before jumping in with both feet
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

None were hounded out

RCS did you read the list of players referred to
Andrew Smikle Jones and Goulding
So let me recap this Garbutt replaced Andrew
Jones didnt come in until Garbutt left
Goulding was a shock pick on the final when did he play previously more than 1 game
Smikle remind me when he played a full game or 2
Dont let the facts get in the way
Read the whole thread before jumping in with both feet
Duly noted and I apologise for my untimely leap!