O'Toole

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Horteng
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27642935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go get him Yatesy!
Robin
I would take him however he will be expensive and it seems we are penny pinching this summer.
Miles Platting
Robin wrote:I would take him however he will be expensive and it seems we are penny pinching this summer.
THIS summer???? :shock:
Joey
You know when we said we don't want any of these 'journeymen' on high wages next season.

JJT is one of them from what Brizzle fans have been saying.
Robin
No we want "young", "hungry" and most importantly CHEAP players Joey. A good manager gets the best out of players O'Toole is quality but I have no faith in Yates to manage him correctly.
JCON
But Robin you have said previously you don't want us to sign players from relegated clubs? Make your mind up
Robin
I said I don't want to to sign too many players, the odd exception is fne.
Cinderford robin
Scott Brown said, Yates is weak points is his foul language, his pros is the ability to get players to playfor him. O.toole is very goodplayer 14 goals from midfield is a very good return.
Robin
Come on Cinders foul language a weak spot? I would read into that how he speaks to players not the use of 'swear' words.
Shade
Come on Robin, why would he say foul language if he meant how he speaks to players in general? You read too much into things.

And having had Cotts as a boss it's hardly surprising MY might swear too much.
Si Robin
I believe, and I'm prepared to be corrected, he only said "language".

I assume that means foul language, but it could be that Yates also speaks a bit of Spanish, which would explain some tactical confusion last season.

EDIT: Looked it up:

1:16
Comment From Guest
What's Yates strongest quality as a manager and his weakest?
SB:
weakest is language
baggy89
Si Robin wrote:I believe, and I'm prepared to be corrected, he only said "language".

I assume that means foul language, but it could be that Yates also speaks a bit of Spanish, which would explain some tactical confusion last season.
Yeah he said "language" but I'd imagine in a testosterone filled environment such as a football club "bad" language is part and parcel of everyday life. I do concede that may be what was meant in this case, although I read it as the terms or "language" used in explaining things and getting your point across so everyone understands. While completing coaching courses, certainly at a youth level, you hear about creating and using language that everyone can understand. i.e. not terms like "sit there" (you want me to sit down??) "get it in the mixer" (like what my mum has in the kitchen?) travel (where too? Australia?) etc... Of course this is probably less relevant in adult professional football.
Robin
I literally cannot believe Scotty meant that Yates worst attribute was swearing, come on seriously?
Uppy
There's definitely overkill when it comes to swearing, though, isn't there?

Not saying that Yates does it too much, as I have no idea, but there comes a point where it's not helping.
taxidave
I do recall that the last three words Yates ever spoke to me included, my name, a swear word and off. :lol: :lol: :lol:
51/84
but did you Dave

Also does this fit with our family club
In addition he tells fans what to do but cannot give a decent interview according to some

Go on yourself big man
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Uppy wrote:There's definitely overkill when it comes to swearing, though, isn't there?

Not saying that Yates does it too much, as I have no idea, but there comes a point where it's not helping.
Swearing has a time and a place for it to be effective and worthwhile. I have no respect for the intelligence or attitude of anyone who swears every sentence or enters overkill territory like you suggest - and a boss whose intellect I don't respect is one I won't be motivated to do a very good job for and will resent their authority.
CheltRobin
Heard from another Chelt fan that O'Toole is a bit of a drinker - anyone heard the same?
vcinthestand
Back on topic - no signing as yates is on holiday and he has no assistant to keep the show on the road
London Exile
Some of the allegations about JJOT and some other players on one of the Rovers forums were eye opening!
I won't post a link but some of the alleged off field actions of Rovers players on the forum would make me very wary of signing any BR players
taxidave
Probably our best left sided midfielder of recent years was a regular in the Saracens club but that did not stop him becoming a fans favourite.
Reliant Robin
CheltRobin wrote:Heard from another Chelt fan that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - anyone heard the same?
Bit of friendly advice ... I think your statement is libellous. I would get that removed - pronto.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Reliant Robin wrote:
CheltRobin wrote:Heard from another Chelt fan that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - anyone heard the same?
Bit of friendly advice ... I think your statement is libellous. I would get that removed - pronto.
Might be innocent - I drink loads of water during the day compared to some of my friends and they will happily point it out.
Reliant Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:
Might be innocent - I drink loads of water during the day compared to some of my friends and they will happily point it out.
LoL - yeah you could be right RCS, avoid signing any BR players because they ... "Drink loads of water" ;)

We cannot tolerate players at CTFC because they drink ... water 8-)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Reliant Robin wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:
LoL - yeah you could be right RCS, avoid signing any BR players because they ... "Drink loads of water" ;)

We cannot tolerate players at CTFC because they drink ... water 8-)
My point was there was nothing conclusive in the statement to warrant a libel case or removal from this site.
Reliant Robin
My point was there was nothing conclusive in the statement to warrant a libel case or removal from this site.
A valid point indeed RCS.

We should ask CheltRobin to keep his fingers crossed though, just to be sure. We wouldn't want professional footballers feeling their chances of getting another Club/Contract have been tainted by insinuation published on the Internet.
baggy89
I heard he likes to have "relations" with ladies to whom he is not betrothed, and that Bridgette from the bridge club heard him take the Lord's name in vain...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
CTFC03
O'Toole's best position is CAM I heard, would be an ideal player to get if he can behave himself.
CheltRobin
Oh Mr. O'Toole :o
Joey
Scunthorpe are after him.

I only read that a few Rovers had issues with him due to his attitude, that he didn't completely care about them staying up because he had a release clause and could get another club. As for the drinking, those kind of rumours are usually made up by somebody who saw him down the pub with a pint or something.
Robin
Like Zebroski you mean?

I would suggest people avoid making accusations however I do believe CheltRobin's post if within the rules.
Alf
Cinderford robin wrote:Scott Brown said, Yates is weak points is his foul language, his pros is the ability to get players to playfor him. .
Second part of that sentence brought a wry smile because it certainly hasn't appeared to be the case over the past season and a half.
horlickfanclub
some of our players good do with a few pints of stout to build them up
CS85
Looks like o'toole I signing for burton.if that's the case then if burton keep most I there squad that's another very good player for them,they will be up here in the top 7 again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CS85 wrote:Looks like o'toole I signing for burton.if that's the case then if burton keep most I there squad that's another very good player for them,they will be up here in the top 7 again.
O'Toole, Burton? Must be a Dean or Moore they can sign as well.