Hereford expelled from the Conference

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
Hereford have been kicked out of the conference
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27786442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If Mo had not scored the winner and they had gone on to beat us that night would they have been able to survive
They have been teetering but now they have gone

I suggest that there by the grace of God go CTFC
We need to keep the attendances up but what happens when the money runs out

Exeter are struggling. Who else are surviving
If our gates keep declining then the only way is down

By the time we start passing the buckets round it will be too late

I now dont believe even putting a top 7 team on the park will be good enough to turn things round
We are dying by a thousand cuts. we need to win outright promotion but I dont feel very positive
We need sensible investment a £100K does nothing other than paper over the crack perhaps for a season. Can we trust someone outside to come in or even want to come in and put money in without taking over the running of the club
Malabus
Mohamad header effectively destroyed the club off the face of the planet.
London Exile
Likely to be playing Cirencester Town next year I guess and only a league above Shortwood, Evesham and Cleeve (2 above Cheltenham Saracens!)
Ralph
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27786442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh my.... :lol:

yes i know its tucked away in the other thread but it deserves its own topic
asl
BullsBanter has been really good fun, today! :lol:
asl
Hee! http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/th ... /statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
:lol:
Malabus
Some pissed off Shedheads...ohh guess who is in Hereford tomorrow.... :P :P :P

EDIT : Any Robins Nest donations for this poor 10 years old child http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/th ... -sold-toys;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who sold his Lego to save Sheds.
asl
Fair play to them for that. Aimed for £200 - and got over 300. They really don't like this Keyte fellow, do they...? Is he just the man left holding the unpinned grenade when the music stopped - or is he more culpable in some way?
asl
http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06 ... squad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shocking stuff. Makes you glad to have owners like ours.
leohoenig
asl wrote:http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06 ... squad.html

Shocking stuff. Makes you glad to have owners like ours.
And yet, just go to the main forum and you will find a thread where someone is saying we need to find someone to "invest" more than £100K, which basically means bringing some shady character on board
Robin
Why does it Leo? Not every backer is out to rip off the clubs.
51/84
leo I didnt say we had to find someone to invest £100K it needs to be substantially more

Is there a royal British or foreign who would like a football team

There are several multimillionaires in the county who could bankroll the club no problem

I have said and will say again and again I support the trust 100%, the problem is that it is not the buying of a club but the ongoing costs of running a club that is the problem. Our owners ( main shareholders ) dont have endless funds to support a towns football club when the locals cant be bothered
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ha. If they are playing Cirencester then that's at least one team in their league with a better stadiun. Close the shed.
Malabus
Looks like Salisbury going to share the same fate.
CheltRobin
Can Hereford be moved to the Welsh Premier?!?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ha great call chelt robin. Chance of European football!
asl
http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/th ... han#page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another white knight riding in from the East to save them. For their sakes, I hope he isn't genuine - cos they've really shot him down....
asl
Winding-up order postponed for another week with a CVA 'being considered.'

I have to say that Bulls Banter has been a really good read, lately. Be interesting to see how many people turn up for their friendly v Grays - if it even goes ahead. I certainly find myself having sympathy with them.
Malabus
asl wrote:Winding-up order postponed for another week with a CVA 'being considered.'

I have to say that Bulls Banter has been a really good read, lately. Be interesting to see how many people turn up for their friendly v Grays - if it even goes ahead. I certainly find myself having sympathy with them.
All the coins they threw at David Norton would have saved them. I agree it is a sad state of affairs.
London Exile
Ground now (finally) shut on safety grounds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28163292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was in Hereford for work this week and so parked in the car park, on my way back to the car one of the gates was open behind the disused away end so I walked in and the place looks an absolute mess and crumbling to pieces
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
About time. If they had any desire to run a football club they would have invested in improving the ground fifteen or twenty years ago rather than letting it rot. An awful attitude and in the end it hurt them both on and off the pitch so no sympathy from me.
CheltRobin
Biggest dump of a ground I've ever been too - even worse than Luton!
asl
What's going on there is far more interesting than what's going on here, at the minute...

It looks like the current regime are manufacturing debts to companies that they own in order to ensure that own the 75% of the debts required to 'agree' a CVA. Anyone remember Chester City's £11k 'cleaning bill' that was racked up to a company that only came in to existence 3 weeks prior to their CVA application? What's going on up the road is truely shocking and proceedings are now halted for a further three weeks. Gloucester City have confirmed the friendly with them is off.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:What's going on there is far more interesting than what's going on here, at the minute...

It looks like the current regime are manufacturing debts to companies that they own in order to ensure that own the 75% of the debts required to 'agree' a CVA. Anyone remember Chester City's £11k 'cleaning bill' that was racked up to a company that only came in to existence 3 weeks prior to their CVA application? What's going on up the road is truely shocking and proceedings are now halted for a further three weeks. Gloucester City have confirmed the friendly with them is off.
Government needs to close these loop-holes and stop scheming selfish people like this playing the system with no regard for the impact on other creditors.

So we are going to see the St John Ambulance and local businesses, who no doubt are hard-pressed in current times, going without the money they are owed because the owners making up sham companies to wriggle out of paying them.

Fraud in every sense other than law. The club don't deserve to feature in the league again and thank god we beat them in the cup to keep the ESPN cash and prize money out of their crooked mitts.

No doubt some will say that's hard on the fans? Well they could have protested or stopped going years ago, and now could set-up their own club and let the current one die. Owners at their level can't survive without fans so they have responsibility for handing over cash at the end of the day.
leohoenig
I am convinced Hereford will start the season. I am not convinced they will complete it
asl
Apparently, they held 'trials' for new players, kids mostly, who came from all over the place - and put them all up in sleeping bags in the hospitality lounge at the ground. There seems little doubt that the heavy administrative overhead burden of this will form part of the 75% of the debt. At the minute, they have no manager and no team, let alone groundsman, physio, etc - and pre-season friendlies are being cancelled as fast as they're arranged. The Southern League said "we're not letting Hereford play cos your owner's a crook" - so he resigned, let the Southern League accept them as members, then was reinstated as owner. It all stinks.
Ralph
at least with PB in charge, you know what your getting and you know CTFC is in safe hands. Some of the "others" that say "get a new chairman" at CTFC have no clue what we could be letting ourselves in for
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So true Ralph.
CTFCrobin
Ralph wrote:at least with PB in charge, you know what your getting and you know CTFC is in safe hands. Some of the "others" that say "get a new chairman" at CTFC have no clue what we could be letting ourselves in for
Very true.. people need to be careful what they wish for sometimes.
asl
Hereford's first PSF was switched at the last minute (fans with protest banners were already en route) to a 'private facility' and played behind closed doors, 1.5 hours ahead of scheduled kick-off time. With no mention of the game itself, let alone the score, Bulls News produced their own: http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07 ... t.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Made me chuckle!
Malabus
asl wrote:Hereford's first PSF was switched at the last minute (fans with protest banners were already en route) to a 'private facility' and played behind closed doors, 1.5 hours ahead of scheduled kick-off time. With no mention of the game itself, let alone the score, Bulls News produced their own: http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07 ... t.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Made me chuckle!

Are they not having their own 'alternative' PSF's
asl
Yea, but they're also picketing any played by the 'old' club. They've got a supporters team going which includes, amongst other ex-players, Steve Guinan.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Music to the owner's ears. If a fans team takes off he can close the proper club and sell the Shed to developers or develop it himself.
asl
They don't own Edgar Street any more than we own Whaddon Road, unfortunately.