James Alexander Gordon

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
The voice of the BBC's classified football results on a Saturday afternoon has sadly passed away.

Don't think there's a football fan in the country who doesn't recall his dulcet tones enunciating every team perfectly. I used to love running back from Whaddon Road after a game to join my Grandad with listening to the results in the kitchen.

RIP James.
MacRobin
Very sad to hear of the passing of JAG - a truly wonderful and iconic voice that will be forever part of my football nostalgia.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28844131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The days of listening to Sport on 2 waiting to find out which game would be the second half commentary may be distant memories that seems unimaginable in todays world of saturated media and instant news, but Sports Report and the "Classified Check with James Alexander Gordon" will always have a small part in the hearts of football fans of all ages.

RIP JAG.
CheltRobin
THE voice of football - would've loved to hear him say East Fife 4 - Forfar 5.

RIP JAG.