Nene Park

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
The scene of one of our greatest days could be no more -

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/ho ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame really as it was a nice stadium, and will forever be remembered by us for that day in 1999.
Artemis
Re-assuring to see that it isn't just the Echo's website that is crammed full of ads.

Do you think part of the heritage of R&D will be images of the scoreboard on that famous day - 1-0, 1-1, 2-1. All showing 90 mins of course....
Fuller
Artemis wrote:
Do you think part of the heritage of R&D will be images of the scoreboard on that famous day - 1-0, 1-1, 2-1. All showing 90 mins of course....
Yes that is a very good idea. Might watch my video of that later.
Malabus
Why do councils believe we need mind numbing retail parks?...A historic and special place for Cheltenham; up there with the Wembley and Millennium stadium.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
"a desolate Nene Park".
CheltRobin
I think this was the 1st Chelt away league match I went too. Doesn't get much better!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
"one of the most dramatic games in the history of Nene Park"

For those who don't know, my two quotes above are from the presenter of the Rushden TV highlights.

This video should be shown in the club bar every home game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COcJuCNfTYk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"and the Cheltenham fans have LOST it!"

I still get goosebumps looking at the scenes in the away end and a welling of tears of pride in my eyes the sight of so many Shire-folk on that terrace and the noise that they make.

The lives of us all were changed for ever in the last minutes of that match, and I will never forget and all new fans must be taught.