CTFC vs Dover - match day thread

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Did anyone notice that Dover fitness depleted rapidly in the 2nd half.
As will most of the bottom half clubs in this league. If we play a consistent and solid game we will generally win through against most of the teams - hence why the Altrincham debacle was so galling.
Shade
The pros of being able to afford a spine of young and/or ex-league players. Must be why we have scored so many in the last 10 minutes - it can't all be down to the fact we start playing so well in the last quarter of the game.
Robin
Full time fitness and training facilties beyond 99% of teams in this league I would say Shade the part time teams have really faded in games against the only exception being Altrincham.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Full time fitness and training facilties beyond 99% of teams in this league I would say Shade the part time teams have really faded in games against the only exception being Altrincham.
Which was mainly due to CTFC being a bit to off the pace. If we are full throttle at WR then Altrincham should be turned over 3-0 or 4-0.
Shade
Robin wrote:Full time fitness and training facilties beyond 99% of teams in this league I would say Shade the part time teams have really faded in games against the only exception being Altrincham.
Full time is what I was getting at - we have players that on the whole have always been full-time and come from backgrounds where they would be going at full match pace for 90 minutes. I don't think our facilities being better should have anything to do with it, as anyone can do interval training or go to the gym.
Alf
How many in this league are part timers?
London Exile
To be fair to the P/T teams, they probably train 2-3 times a week nowadays and possibly even during the day.
Even for the part time players I'd imagine that they find work to fit around their football commitments, granted though they'll still be behind the full time teams in terms of fitness levels.

I think Altrincham, Braintree, Bromley, Boreham Wood, Dover Guiseley, Southport and Welling are part time.
Artemis
I am absolutely certain that that is not the case.