Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
Bit of advice that may help on this one.
Look at the endless threads about numbers turning up and how to improve them. all the questions and answers are there
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nham68 wrote:Bringing the argument down To a more practical note : we are where we are, how can we improve it.
The club did a stellar job pre-season, no doubt - kudos where it's due - but is sense it's all gone quiet . Is now a good time to kick off some local Promotion, raise profile on the back of a great start , kind of "get behind the team" campaign with the feel good factor.. There is now entertainment at WR - no doubt .. Yesterday was case in point, could not argue it wasn't worth the money overall.

I don't see anything around the town .. Maybe it's happening and I just don't see it.. Are we getting into the schools and the uni and colleges ? Uni returns next week .. I hope we have something during freshers week since we have £5 entry for Students.
Perhaps the trust need a gorilla poster campaign with a few volunteers putting up posters in the cafes , restaurants , bars , shop windows with some free ticket give aways etc..
I'd put in £100 towards printing costs - I'm sure a few others would contribute..

Must be some more ideas ..

I do also think for at least one game, where we anticipate a small away crowd, the home crowd should get into the Hazelwoods and see if we can raise the atmosphere .. Cannot be difficult to organise that one surely ...need to experiment .. That alone would probably bring in a few extra floaters to see just what it's like ..
I don't mean to monkey about and ape you, but do you mean gorilla posters or guerilla?

As for school entrance exams - year I did my Pates' ones 850 kids sat it as well so a fair number, and as one of the only places with selective state schools left in the UK, Gloucestershire is different from other places in this respect.
jbond
Trust members like myself are waiting to deliver flyers with fixtures on.There has been a delay with the printing etc.As soon as we will pound the streets and deliver.Should help spread the word.
Malabus
Banks sometimes have a community board. Might be worth pinning up a fixture list in banks.