Deluded Hurst

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vickeryc
Who's read Paul Hurst's comments on BBC Sport? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35897898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Talk about smoke and mirrors! He actually thought Grimsby were the better team and that 3-1 was a "a little harsh". Yes, it was a little harsh - on Cheltenham! An accurate score would've been 4-0 or 5-0.
Some managers are notorious for being blinkered in defeat (GJ a notable exception), but this is one of the most preposterous reactions I've seen for a while. He must be feeling under pressure I suppose to come up with such nonsense. Most Grimsby fans seem to acknowledge that they were outplayed last night and few seem to have any sympathy for Hurst. I'm now beginning to see why.
Robin
Yes bonkers, the were very fortunate to be level when they scored I thought.
asl
Their goal came from a poor attempted clearance from an otherwise-faultless Parslow. Boka would've headed that ball straight into the catering truck in the Canteen.
robinsrule
Grimsby fans are really getting on Hurst's back on their forum, most want him gone. Most showed grudging respect for us, acknowledging that we were stronger both mentally and physically, though none of them could bring themselves to call us a good footballing team. That's fair enough, we did enough on the night and that's all that matters!
Alf
It is annoying. Most football fans are not stupid and would probably think more of the manager if he admitted that his team selection or tactics were wrong, especially when the opposition got it right on the night and were the better side overall.
A manager may be able to pull the wool over the Chaiman's eyes but not the fans. Not referring to any team in particular of course.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
robinsrule wrote:Grimsby fans are really getting on Hurst's back on their forum, most want him gone. Most showed grudging respect for us, acknowledging that we were stronger both mentally and physically, though none of them could bring themselves to call us a good footballing team. That's fair enough, we did enough on the night and that's all that matters!
All Grimsby fans I know wanted him gone this time last year. And the year before that. Like Groundhog Day and unfortunately Hurst's incompetence makes Grimsby's annual failure as predictable as Arsenal's. Lucky for us our two closest rivals have poor managers though!!
Shade
All you have to do is have a look at the stats, something like 16 shots to 3? And 5 fouls to 18, from memory.
vickeryc
I can't remember many games at WR this season where we have dominated for such long periods. I also can't remember many sides being so ineffective up front - I think Boring Wood even offered more of a threat than Grimsby to be honest.