Defender out for season

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/DefenderOut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
He's been one of our better players this season and certainly deserves a new contract. Today seems to be a bad news day.
Shade
I don't know about just today, Robin. Ever since Storer's red card, niggly things have been slowly been turning into bigger problems. This is reminding me of the start of the season again when we just couldn't get any consistency with key players missing. Obviously nothing as bad as GJ's triple bypass then, though!
westernshore
I heard last Saturday immediately after the game against Exeter from one of the other players
that O'Shaughnessy didn't in fact injure himself whilst conceding a penalty. The other player explained
that when Shoggers noticed that the Exeter forward had managed to lose his marker and got
through the right side of defence somehow that he rushed across to try to cut out the ball but he unfortunately
rolled over on his ankle as Brown was also rushing out and he lost his balance which caused him to
collide into the Exeter attacker and he accidentally brought him down. It was obviously more accidentally as the
referee didn't give any yellow cards. So it was an accumulation of unfortunate events, which resulted in a penalty
and also an injury which ill probably keep him out for the rest of the season. A big shame for the young lad and
also a problem for Cheltenham if any one else gets injured or red cards etc
Nesty
we have Downes if needed - and are we allowed to recall any from York?
ThelmaChen
westernshore wrote:I heard last Saturday immediately after the game against Exeter from one of the other players
that O'Shaughnessy didn't in fact injure himself whilst conceding a penalty. The other player explained
that when Shoggers noticed that the Exeter forward had managed to lose his marker and got
through the right side of defence somehow that he rushed across to try to cut out the ball but he unfortunately
rolled over on his ankle as Brown was also rushing out and he lost his balance which caused him to
collide into the Exeter attacker and he accidentally brought him down. It was obviously more accidentally as the
referee didn't give any yellow cards. So it was an accumulation of unfortunate events, which resulted in a penalty
and also an injury which ill probably keep him out for the rest of the season. A big shame for the young lad and

We played Exeter on Tuesday, not Saturday.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
westernshore wrote:I heard last Saturday immediately after the game against Exeter from one of the other players
Rolled over his ankle whilst running: another victim of the pitch.
Reliant Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Rolled over his ankle whilst running: another victim of the pitch.
Which "the pitch" are we talking about?

The ankle injury occurred on Exeter's?
westernshore
Of course I meant last Tuesday. My bad. Too many drinks at the races yesterday
westernshore
Maybe too many today as well
Shade
No such thing as too many.