Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The official club Twitter posted they had confirmation from Wycombe that 573 Robins made the trip along the A/M40 (probably quite a few from London) to Adams Park. Good turnout. I doubt many in L2 will take more.
Robin
One of our closest fixtures and as you say RCS one which our London based supporters will go to, still happy with the amount as I was only expecting the hardcore 300 or so.
FOD_Wyman_2010
Probably the most surprising away attendance I have seen in many years. Well done everyone.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A sign of momentum and something building perhaps?

Despite not getting the win, the comeback goals in front of the away fans would have sent the 573 home in fine excited spirits.

If we can build a head of steam maybe we could take good numbers elsewhere.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:A sign of momentum and something building perhaps?

Despite not getting the win, the comeback goals in front of the away fans would have sent the 573 home in fine excited spirits.

3000 at FGR.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:

3000 at FGR.
Green Man to be commandeered by Robins. We should hang a make shift "Robin's Nest" banner above the door and stop any green and black (football kit, not chocolate) from entering. Take a few kegs of SPA to serve rather than Uley or whatever they are serving.
Johnsons Red Army
Did they even let any away fans in the Green Man last time?

I know there was that double-decker bus bar that was serving beers (and maybe food?) outside of the away end, but unsure of whether they let any of us in their pub too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If the travel club coaches leave at 1230 there is going to be almost two hours to kill before kick off. They can't stop us going in the Green Man.
longmover
WOW thats impressive, great turnout. Just need to a see a few more at home games as well
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:

3000 at FGR.
Cheltenham will only get 800 tickets - same as Swindon. But they did smuggle more than many followers within the home support.
FGR now have a semi-permanent marguee for away supporters. Not double decker bus.
No away supporters permitted in The Green Man on match days.

BTW congrats to the 573. Very impressive.
Robin
Is that correct TomCat as apparently the ground guide states 1100 as the official away capacity. I'd be amazed if we don't sell all 800 tickets and have a lot in the home areas, thankfully both sets of fans get on well otherwise would be a recipe for trouble if we were playing say Hereford, Kiddy, or Gloucester City.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I am coming in the Green Man OTC.

Jon Palmer in the Echo said CTFC has just under 1000 tickets allocated.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I am coming in the Green Man OTC.

Jon Palmer in the Echo said CTFC has just under 1000 tickets allocated.
I quoted previous games so perhaps FGR might increase the number above 800, but H&S play an important part in determining maximum numbers.
I'd love to have a couple of thousand away fans at TNL, it would make the place buzz.

If you want to have a drink in Green Man I would suggest that you don't wear your colours and even then security might check your ticket to confirm which stand you'll be in before they let you enter. But good luck anyway.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Will they be banning members of the public who don't have a ticket or aren't planning to attend the game? I always go in 'home only' pubs. Bristol Rovers my favourite one when they have loads of bouncers and signs about no away fans. Never had an issue or any problems, so if the Green Man turn me away it says more about them than me.