Walsall v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/WalsallA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Come on boys, time to bounce back and end the recent blip in form.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Job done!

Win our game in hand and we go second, but would remain a point behind Crewe: that disappointing draw against them looking important.

Ahead of Cooper’s mob after they bottled a 2-0 lead.
Nesty
Commentators saying the side is showing definite SC characteristics. awesome form - a gap now between the top 6 and the rest.
Ben3
A good game. We were the better side and should have put the game to bed a bit earlier than we did. Still, 3 more points towards our destiny
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:Commentators saying the side is showing definite SC characteristics. awesome form - a gap now between the top 6 and the rest.
As I said after the Bradford match you can tell my the demeanour of the players after they score and during post-match celebrations when they know they are a top side and focused on winning.

Surely even the Nest pessimists will have to start accepting we are in the promotion selection now and play offs is the minimum we should be satisfied with.
Robin
Walsall were poor and reminded me of ourselves the first couple of seasons back in the league. We were not at our best today but looked a couple of levels above them and should have made it more comfortable than it was.

As for promotion we will very likely be in the mix along with Crewe, Swindon and probably Bradford.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Walsall were poor and reminded me of ourselves the first couple of seasons back in the league. We were not at our best today but looked a couple of levels above them and should have made it more comfortable than it was.

As for promotion we will very likely be in the mix along with Crewe, Swindon and probably Bradford.
Exeter too. I wouldn’t fancy any of them in the play offs so top three is vital.
MittonRobin
In the first 2-3 mins of the game I noticed a young girl crying at the top of the stand behind the goal, and then another young girl looked to be kicked out after what looked like a scuffle .. anyone know what went on ? Was horrible to see this girl crying that’s all
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MittonRobin wrote:In the first 2-3 mins of the game I noticed a young girl crying at the top of the stand behind the goal, and then another young girl looked to be kicked out after what looked like a scuffle .. anyone know what went on ? Was horrible to see this girl crying that’s all
How young are we talking? Teenage I guess if kicked out?
MittonRobin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
MittonRobin wrote:In the first 2-3 mins of the game I noticed a young girl crying at the top of the stand behind the goal, and then another young girl looked to be kicked out after what looked like a scuffle .. anyone know what went on ? Was horrible to see this girl crying that’s all
How young are we talking? Teenage I guess if kicked out?
Yes Teenage sorry .. just hope she was ok .. looked a bit odd
Benctfc
Great away day. Good turnout by the fans and most of the block 7 lads making the trip made it feel like a home game. Must have been once of the queitest home crowds I have seen. It was a professional away performance we weren't at our best but still won the game relatively comfortably sign of a good team. Though Tozer was excellent and it's great to see Ince working his way back to fitness and getting on. Our bench is looking really strong especially with Reid not far from being back in contention.
Nesty
what is the situation with Sheaf ?
Robin
Niggling hamstring injury back at Hull trying to work out the problem according to Mike Duff.
Robin
I saw that presumably there was some sort of cat fight going on, unusual for girls to be fighting though. Other than that I have to say our fans were a credit to the club yesterday, a decent atmosphere (for a change) at an away game, no bickering and everyone singing as they left the ground too. Whisper it quietly but the feel good factor is starting to return after a long hiatus.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Absolute scenes when Vardy scored.

Look at the reaction behind the goal!

https://mobile.twitter.com/CTFCofficial ... 9180242945" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reminiscent of the Champions season under Gary, or Wycombe under Wardy, and obvious Cotts’ key away wins before that.

Can’t wait for the next away game I can make it to. Guiseley away with the Champions was the last time I remember scenes.