Important information for Forest Green Rovers match

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CTFC Official
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2019/october/ ... ers-match/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Benctfc
That's going to be some financial hit for the club.
Andy
@CTFC Official - does that mean the whole stand will still be open but only for 1200 and only through the turnstiles mentioned OR are you having to move season ticket holders from the one half of the stand (due to exiting in an emergency etc?).

To shorten my question, will Block 2 be open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben3
Parklands are an absolute disgrace
Ihearye
I wonder where the ticket collections will be from. Seems that the nutjobs in parklands would rather lose out on income while they are throwing their toys out. Maybe some enterprising person could open up thei back garden as a thru way lol
CTFC Official
Andy wrote:@CTFC Official - does that mean the whole stand will still be open but only for 1200 and only through the turnstiles mentioned OR are you having to move season ticket holders from the one half of the stand (due to exiting in an emergency etc?).

To shorten my question, will Block 2 be open?

Hi Andy,

Yes all of the stand will be open but capacity is limited as only two turnstiles will be in use on the day.
Andy
Thank you for the clarification.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good to open the other turnstiles against Macclesfield too so people are aware.

I won’t be going to Parklands before FGR, that’s for sure.

May I suggest the Club advise fans to arrive early for the CF Stand, and that the Club stock the bar up with a few good beers and soft drinks? Only 1,200 in means it won’t be too chaotic and those who usually go to Parklands (despite their service going down hill this season) can drink in the stadium instead?

Boycott the rabble until they are prepared to compromise.
Andy
Get there early enough and the car might break down in an awkward position stopping them getting £4 a car :)

Si Robin
That's a good idea - lets clog the streets of Whaddon by stopping people from parking.
longmover
The club being held to ransom by some by this lot is very embarrassing.
Si Robin
But them withholding money for 12 years isn't?

Interesting stance to take that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:But them withholding money for 12 years isn't?

Interesting stance to take that.
No one is saying that. Everyone wants Parklands to get paid and treated fairly.

Is withholding the money for 12 years wrong? Yes

Do CTFC have a debt to pay and should they pay it? Yes and yes

Are Parklands right to ask the Club for payment? Yes

Have Parklands gone about it in the right way by using pork barrel tactics and making threats in the local paper? No
Si Robin
According to the article they've tried asking and got nowhere - it's taken this stance to move it forward.

How many times do you ask for something you're entitled to before, having been fobbed off enough times, you have to take forceful action?
paperboy
.... situation will be resolved prior to FGR match.
CTFC just playing hard ball with a good neighbour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:According to the article they've tried asking and got nowhere - it's taken this stance to move it forward.

How many times do you ask for something you're entitled to before, having been fobbed off enough times, you have to take forceful action?
If I do need to escalate I do it using proper and professional channels, not using the tactics of a doorstep loan shark. The Club ground is Council land after all so the Council could have been brought in to mediate. Legal papers could have been filed. There are plenty of avenues which would yield a better outcome and encourage collaboration and cooperation than making threats in the local paper. This could have been settled and a new agreement made behind the scenes if done properly. The approach Parklands have taken with FGR game is going to annoy the club and make an enemy of them and make an amicable solution less likely. It just makes them look nasty as well as showing up their lack of business common sense. You don’t win friends by putting people over pork barrels and issuing ransoms in the local rag. Especially when CTFC are run by Andy Wilcox who is a successful business man and won’t take nonsense like this from the likes of Parklands kindly. AW is a decent business man so have a business discussion with him - even if that requires legal action - and don’t try and start a fight in the local paper. I have no problem with the club paying them, heck I will contribute to a collection for them if the Trust want to do that, but not if they are going to treat the whole thing like an episode of Jeremy Kyle or Neighbours from Hell.
everyman
longmover wrote:The club being held to ransom by some by this lot is very embarrassing.
Remember the name of the person representing Parklands,it`s Alec Woodward a Ctfc shareholder for many years.Why didn`t he have the good sense to resolve this 12 years ago,are they desperate for some financial benefit all of a sudden ?
Ihearye
If (if I have followed thsese threads correctly), a new owner / company / charity has recently taken over from the previous Parklands? Is their case nit then with the previous 'owners' of the community centre? All seems rather odd imho. How long has the current person been demanding the money ?
I would certainly object to 3% of my entry fee going to these people. For teh dubious pleasure of walking 30 yards across their carpark. When a car can park there all day for £4 and the ouccupants able to walk across the car park. Nobody has asked them to operate a car park, nobody has asked them to open up so as to make a profit from the bar. Maybe they can open up thir takings on those for each party to see and some off setting should be done ?
There for the community ????? All they are trying to do is inconvenience that community, which the purport to serve! open up the connection between speedy skips and CF. More than happy to turn up a bit earlier for a longer check in. Rather than give a penny to that shower
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Certainly a case study in how to make people unsympathetic to one’s valid cause.
Ihearye
Where can CF tickets be picked up from in the night?
BenhallRobin
Pathetic circumstances whatever the truth may be. Is it correct that the complete stand will be open but only 1200 fans can attend, which will look very poor for our highest profile league fixture.

Why don't the club just close off 40% of the stand with the netted segregation? Very frustrating with momentum being so high.
Andy
BenhallRobin wrote:
Why don't the club just close off 40% of the stand with the netted segregation? Very frustrating with momentum being so high.
Because it will involve moving season ticket holders.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
BenhallRobin wrote:
Because it will involve moving season ticket holders.

Maybe a ‘free upgrade’ for C&G attendees. Once the crowd are all in and settled then let some in through the gate to use empty seats. Allow exit via the C&G post match.
Shade
Andy wrote:Get there early enough and the car might break down in an awkward position stopping them getting £4 a car :)

Surely they won't be offering car parking (and losing out on that too) as they would have to open their gates? The whole thing is that they're leaving their gates locked so that fans can't pass through. So there will be less disabled parking available as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Andy wrote:Get there early enough and the car might break down in an awkward position stopping them getting £4 a car :)

Surely they won't be offering car parking (and losing out on that too) as they would have to open their gates? The whole thing is that they're leaving their gates locked so that fans can't pass through. So there will be less disabled parking available as well.
I guess they would argue that the car parking is nothing to do with football access. It is their site so they can open it and charge people to park if they want, even if they don’t give permission for the gates to the stadium to be opened and people have to walk round to Whaddon Rd entrance.
Shade
Surely the gates to the stadium are owned and operated by the club? So if the gates to the car park are open they can just open those up and they're not doing anything wrong.
horlickfanclub
The point Regency misses is that the disabled cannot always walk to Whaddon Road from the car park and its not easy getting a wheelchair through crowds of fans either. This access problem needs sorting A.S.A.P. Shades concerns are valid and need clarifying.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:The point Regency misses is that the disabled cannot always walk to Whaddon Road from the car park and its not easy getting a wheelchair through crowds of fans either. This access problem needs sorting A.S.A.P. Shades concerns are valid and need clarifying.
I don’t miss that point. I was making a different point. I completely agree that lack of access for wheelchairs and those with mobility issues a real problem and needs sorting. I would back a legal case against the club by any disabled fans unable to attend the game.

I was merely suggesting what I think Parklands will do and claim. It is wrong and bad of them if they do, but that is the argument they will make. I think Parklands will claim they are in their rights to charge people to park on their land and it is not there problem how people get into the stadium, even though it is a real problem for disabled fans.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 21 Oct 2019, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Surely the gates to the stadium are owned and operated by the club? So if the gates to the car park are open they can just open those up and they're not doing anything wrong.
I believe the issue is Parklands have to give permission for the club gates to the ground to open as that creates a thoroughfare on their land.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Surely the gates to the stadium are owned and operated by the club? So if the gates to the car park are open they can just open those up and they're not doing anything wrong.
I believe the issue is Parklands have to give permission for the club gates to the ground to open as that creates a thoroughfare on their land.
Then they will have to keep their own gates locked if they don't want a thoroughfare. They can't seriously expect to open their own gates and then make the club keep their own gates locked. That's nonsensical. AFAIC, if the club wants to open THEIR gates then they have every right to. If Parklands don't want people walking onto or through their car park then they will have to keep their own gates closed. If they don't, we should indeed block the entrance/road outside.

However, maybe this is all moot and, having said all of this, I'm wondering whether that fence and gates up by the stand is the clubs or Parklands', as there is another gate to the side of the stand, between the CF and the PRE, which they wouldn't really need if the other fence and gates were CTFC's.
Ihearye
I liked the comment below the story in the Echo site. parklands the centre that puts the C in community
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anyone boycotting Parklands tonight?
Si Robin
Why?
madasahatter
Another own goal.

CTFC do not appear to be contesting the debt, but the amount claimed, yet have provided no detailed breakdown of the some owed. Their reason for not paying is because they say the amount is too much and wish to negotiate a lower sum. That is not 'how it works'. Parklands have computed a figure which CTFC are unable to adequately refute.

Now let's look at the ramifications. Two sell out games coming up FGR and Swindon. Depending on the granting of a revised safety certificate for the inability to access the Parklands turnstiles these two games alone could show a reduced capacity of 600 per game. That probably represents well over 20k of income for the club, plus the concessionaires will not be best pleased in reduced attendance in the Colin Farmer Stand. So, 20k butchered and they still 'owe' 196k - the economics of the 'madhouse'.

This dispute has the potential to seriously damage the club, both on and off the field. They need to settle this dispute today! Logically they should honour the agreement with Parklands from tonight and continue payments. In the meantime they should come up with a soundly based calculation of the debt owed and enter into an agreement of how it is to be paid of.
Ben3
Yes - of course - no ctfc can park or drink there ever again (or until this is resolved).

Si Robin, I appreciate your efforts to rationalise the debate but this is a cheltenham town fc forum. Not a parklands support group. Take the right side in this matter