Ifollow

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Horteng
Anyone else’s radio commentary keep cutting out? Bloody annoying
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It was a nationwide error apparently. Glad I didn’t fork out.
horlickfanclub
My commentary was from CTFC ifollow. It didn't drop out but seemed to be more a quiz show, text to slag off a player and stats from the last decade than commentary. Well worth £10 to be able to see what was happening on the pitch .
Leckyfan
I was watching on iFollow. Did anyone else find they were being logged out every 10 minutes or so? Was reporting some kind of error (I didn’t make a note) and took me 2 or 3 attempts to log back in each time it happened. Have not exprienced this before.

I also noticed that a 6-digit number appeared in the corners of the screen for a few seconds, at least 3 times during the match (possible more, if it also appeared while I was logged out). I’m guessing this is an anti-piracy measure (so, if I streamed from my login to other users on the internet, they could tell it was from me and block my account).

Again, had not noticed this previously, so am wondering if they did a software update which was also triggering my logouts?
Horteng
I was listening on my phone but the commentary stopped every few mins. Really annoying
Robin
My IFollow was perfect, well apart from the James Young commentary.
Red Duke
I had what appeared to be buffering issues upto a couple of minutes before kick-off but settled down after that.
Horteng
Anyone else’s playing up? Mine is again. Keeps stopping and needs to be re started. It was ok Saturday
shevates
Tom Sang was excellent, and 2 gems from Reid
longtimerobin
I COULD'NT LOG ON TO WATCH GAME ON SATURDAY. kEPT GETTING MESSAGE SAYING AN ERROR ACCURED TRY AGAIN . i had paid my fee of ten pounds in the morning, am i able to get my money back. Any solutions my frustration was offset by a good away performance.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longtimerobin wrote:I COULD'NT LOG ON TO WATCH GAME ON SATURDAY. kEPT GETTING MESSAGE SAYING AN ERROR ACCURED TRY AGAIN . i had paid my fee of ten pounds in the morning, am i able to get my money back. Any solutions my frustration was offset by a good away performance.
Have to contact iFollow customer support I think.
little mo
I did have problems with it last season. This season i have watched four games on i follow and not had a problem, so touch wood it stays like that.
paperboy
Something I have noticed teams doing is to run to the iFollow camera after scoring and at full time to applaud the fans.

Something that might catch on.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
For those still struggling to use iFollow codes, the club have put a short guide here towards the bottom of the article:

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/october/ ... n-crawley/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enter the code and check it has applied before entering card details.
theidlerich
Observation: with the current furore over 'play by view' subscriptions in the local, national press and media I do believe that the current subscription rate for following CTFC on iFollow rather too high! I have a current Now tv/sky sports package which has given me untold hours of watching Footy and cricket over these past months; probably at less than a £1/hr. To watch CTFC for one game, one dimensionally, seems extortionate. Perhaps a modest £2.50 would be better 'value for money'? Even, may I suggest £20 for 10 games?
Tomorrow I could [could mind you, rather than will] watch all four games involving National teams [some more akin to EFL lg1/2!!] which would bring down my £1/hr to pence.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:Observation: with the current furore over 'play by view' subscriptions in the local, national press and media I do believe that the current subscription rate for following CTFC on iFollow rather too high! I have a current Now tv/sky sports package which has given me untold hours of watching Footy and cricket over these past months; probably at less than a £1/hr. To watch CTFC for one game, one dimensionally, seems extortionate. Perhaps a modest £2.50 would be better 'value for money'? Even, may I suggest £20 for 10 games?
Tomorrow I could [could mind you, rather than will] watch all four games involving National teams [some more akin to EFL lg1/2!!] which would bring down my £1/hr to pence.
It is about volume. If each club had 200,000 viewers and earned millions in advertising revenue from their footage then I am sure they could charge a lower amount.

CTFC and others are battling to survive. We should be grateful enough that such low level of football can be watched live at all. The cost needed to supply footage to what is probably hundreds, rather than thousands of viewers, for our games is not insignificant and the cost needs to make it worthwhile for all parties.

British people have always wanted something for nothing and the internet has exacerbated that.....

Newspapers who have to pay journalists who have invested in a career and put a roof over their head: British people want it free online.

Music which artists pay thousands to produce: British people want it free online.

Films which cinemas have to pay to show, in large buildings with high bills and rates: British people complain it is too expensive.

Food: People moan about machines replacing staff but then expect food to be sold at below the cost of production.

Things cost what they cost, most often for a reason apart from brands and luxury markets.

You can’t compare Sky Sports with Cheltenham games on IFollow. They are two different products, in two different markets with two different business models.
Hubert Parry
theidlerich wrote:Observation: with the current furore over 'play by view' subscriptions in the local, national press and media I do believe that the current subscription rate for following CTFC on iFollow rather too high! I have a current Now tv/sky sports package which has given me untold hours of watching Footy and cricket over these past months; probably at less than a £1/hr. To watch CTFC for one game, one dimensionally, seems extortionate. Perhaps a modest £2.50 would be better 'value for money'? Even, may I suggest £20 for 10 games?
You do realise that many clubs, our club included, are on the brink of oblivion due to this little matter called COVID-19?

I can't add anything constructive to RCS' post above.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:For those still struggling to use iFollow codes, the club have put a short guide here towards the bottom of the article:

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/october/ ... n-crawley/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enter the code and check it has applied before entering card details.
All ok ! apart from the Ctfc official site surround filling the top edge of the screen,can this be removed i have it on full screen ?
Si Robin
You can definitely put it on full screen
theidlerich
Reply to RCS & Hubert Parry - I don't disagree with your posts at all. I actually subscribe to a few of the online papers and mags; however I still feel that the cost of ifollow is too high; it is too close to the actual real time experience.
That the EFL will not come out of this as it exists is probably likely; also a few EFL clubs will not exist. However the Premier league and its extortionate spending is out of all proportion to its worth. Article to-day pointing out that the EFL is of real value seems to go un-noticed with those responsible for fouling up footy in the UK. A sensible and properly governed pyramid is required; not going to happen currently due to the excesses of those owning the premier league clubs; rather like those with off-shore tax-haven accounts; I have it and going to keep it; stuff you attitude!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:Reply to RCS & Hubert Parry - I don't disagree with your posts at all. I actually subscribe to a few of the online papers and mags; however I still feel that the cost of ifollow is too high; it is too close to the actual real time experience.
That the EFL will not come out of this as it exists is probably likely; also a few EFL clubs will not exist. However the Premier league and its extortionate spending is out of all proportion to its worth. Article to-day pointing out that the EFL is of real value seems to go un-noticed with those responsible for fouling up footy in the UK. A sensible and properly governed pyramid is required; not going to happen currently due to the excesses of those owning the premier league clubs; rather like those with off-shore tax-haven accounts; I have it and going to keep it; stuff you attitude!
Happy to hear your recommendations to iFollow, the EFL and Clubs as to how they can reduce the cost to make it a viable service at a price you find acceptable.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 10 Oct 2020, 13:28, edited 3 times in total.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
theidlerich wrote:Reply to RCS & Hubert Parry - I don't disagree with your posts at all. I actually subscribe to a few of the online papers and mags; however I still feel that the cost of ifollow is too high; it is too close to the actual real time experience.
Happy to hear your recommendations go iFollow, the EFL and Clubs as you how they can reduce the cost to make it a viable service at something you find acceptable.
Is there an english speaking version of that post?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
Happy to hear your recommendations go iFollow, the EFL and Clubs as you how they can reduce the cost to make it a viable service at something you find acceptable.
Is there an english speaking version of that post?
Typos corrected now. Trying to type in the North Sea wind whilst having a conversation and a coffee obviously didn’t work!
Shade
£10 to watch a game when the club doesn't get the amount of TV money that Premier League clubs do is absolutely fine. Paying £2.50 is a joke and I can't believe that was a serious suggestion.

It's £15.50 to stream a PL match that isn't on the TV - on top of the money they get. Now THAT'S a rip off.

My only gripe with iFollow so far this season is the number of replays during the game, especially for nothing of note, and whilst the game is in play.
Malabus
longtimerobin wrote:I COULD'NT LOG ON TO WATCH GAME ON SATURDAY. kEPT GETTING MESSAGE SAYING AN ERROR ACCURED TRY AGAIN . i had paid my fee of ten pounds in the morning, am i able to get my money back. Any solutions my frustration was offset by a good away performance.
Have to contact iFollow customer support I think.
Good luck with that. Emailed them last Wednesday and still no reply. Went on live chat on Saturday and their reason was 'We're busy'.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Malabus
[quote="Shade"]My only gripe with iFollow so far this season is the number of replays during the game, especially for nothing of note, and whilst the game is

Operator of the laptop at the game. Probably not a collective problem.

Cheltenhamshire10
Shade wrote: My only gripe with iFollow so far this season is the number of replays during the game, especially for nothing of note, and whilst the game is in play.
last game was awful I think there were a few occasions you had to rely on the commentary as it showed how we got the corner and then missed the corner.
I'm not sure who selects if it's a replay and who to contact? But not that many are needed, if there's a goal I'll rewind and rewatch it in most cases.
Shade
Cheltenhamshire10 wrote:
Shade wrote: My only gripe with iFollow so far this season is the number of replays during the game, especially for nothing of note, and whilst the game is in play.
last game was awful I think there were a few occasions you had to rely on the commentary as it showed how we got the corner and then missed the corner.
I'm not sure who selects if it's a replay and who to contact? But not that many are needed, if there's a goal I'll rewind and rewatch it in most cases.
I'm fairly certain that they have some kind of "replay last 10 seconds" button and just hit that if they want to show a nothing tackle or a cross blocked at source that went out for a corner :roll: One time they showed a replay of a nothing incident as Griffiths was throwing the ball out to one of our players. Second half, whoever was in charge of it just seemed to go mad. I wouldn't mind quite so much if there wasn't the option for the viewer to rewind themselves.
Shade
Malabus wrote:
Shade wrote:My only gripe with iFollow so far this season is the number of replays during the game, especially for nothing of note, and whilst the game is

Operator of the laptop at the game. Probably not a collective problem.

No absolutely, he just needs to calm down a bit :lol: