Crewe at home (FA cup).

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Fecling awful draw.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Winnable.
Hubert Parry
We had a very favourable draw in the first round.

I am looking forward to this fixture. It will be a good indicator of how close we are to being competitive at League One level.
paperboy
....not chosen as one of eight multi camera broadcasts but a 50/50 chance of single camera coverage which pays around 14k to each club,but loss of iFollow revenue of course.
little mo
paperboy wrote:....not chosen as one of eight multi camera broadcasts but a 50/50 chance of single camera coverage which pays around 14k to each club,but loss of iFollow revenue of course.
Why loss of ifollow revenue? The last round was available on ifollow.
CTFCfan99
little mo wrote:
paperboy wrote:....not chosen as one of eight multi camera broadcasts but a 50/50 chance of single camera coverage which pays around 14k to each club,but loss of iFollow revenue of course.
Why loss of ifollow revenue? The last round was available on ifollow.
Assume he means if it's on TV/online for free then hardly anyone will pay to watch it on iFollow.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Would we get £14k or more from IFollow or would free BBC streaming be a better option financially for the Club?
Huw Jarse
Andy W said in his recent Q&A that we average 250 paying iFollow fans per home league game (as ST holders don't pay). We get £8.30 (minus VAT) each time.

So it depends on how many ST holders we have, together with the overall demand for the cup game.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Huw Jarse wrote:Andy W said in his recent Q&A that we average 250 paying iFollow fans per home league game (as ST holders don't pay). We get £8.30 (minus VAT) each time.

So it depends on how many ST holders we have, together with the overall demand for the cup game.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
So £6.92 net per customer. To get £14k we need over 2,000 paying customers. Or more like 4,000 given it is split with the away team in the Cup. Very unlikely imo.

Give us the TV money please!!
CTFCfan99
There are only 20 second round ties, 8 have been selected for multi-camera and another 8 will be single camera, so only 4 games won't be shown at all. The question is, are there four less attractive (to the BBC) games in round 2 than Cheltenham v Crewe?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If one was to ask fans to pick the most uninteresting and rubbish sounding fixture in football, Cheltenham vs Crewe would be up there. The fact it could be an upset of a L2 beating L1 might tip it in our favour.

There are some all L2 or all L1 clashes, which are usually bottom of the pecking order (apart from BBC wet dream Salford).
CTFCfan99
I'd say Gillingham v Exeter, Bradford v Oldham, Barrow/Wimbledon v Crawley, Plymouth v Lincoln and Newport v Salford should all be lower in the pecking order, but as you say Salford will almost certainly be on so who knows!
Si Robin
Newport are top of League 2 as well.

Gillingham-Exeter is a likely upset (arguably more so than Cheltenham-Crewe), with Gills being shite, so I'd say that's more likely to be on than us as well.
Shade
If Wimbledon get through v Barrow that's a banker for coverage, as they are in their new ground now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Most importantly, we just have to win the tie. We bottled it last year with one foot in the third round.
pas
Just seen that the match will be shown iive on BBC 3pm k.o.
little mo
pas wrote:Just seen that the match will be shown iive on BBC 3pm k.o.
Yes, single camera game on BBC iplayer or BBC website. Don't know how much we get for that but will it be enough for loss of ifollow income.
Si Robin
£12.5k according to Mark Halliwell.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
£12.5k also stated on FA website. Still more than I think we would make on iFollow.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/16/ ... cks-161120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
It was that figure in the last round but it looks as if the fee hasn't increased for the single camera games ,unlike the multi angle ones.

Still not to be sneezed at and £8500 prize money if we don't get through and a tasty £25,500 if we do.
everyman
Hubert Parry wrote:We had a very favourable draw in the first round.

I am looking forward to this fixture. It will be a good indicator of how close we are to being competitive at League One level.
Crewe look very good and especially Charlie Kirk who had the most assists in our league last season.
longmover
Shade wrote:If Wimbledon get through v Barrow that's a banker for coverage, as they are in their new ground now.
God could imagine the BBC (media in general) if wimbledon do well in this Fa cup :roll: it will be nauseating

I also see portsmouth are on the box, again
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:
Shade wrote:If Wimbledon get through v Barrow that's a banker for coverage, as they are in their new ground now.
God could imagine the BBC (media in general) if wimbledon do well in this Fa cup :roll: it will be nauseating

I also see portsmouth are on the box, again
If Wimbledon play Salford the build up show would be a week long.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anyone know if the BBC single camera thing has commentary? If not then I guess it be R Glos on one device and the video feed on another.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Anyone know if the BBC single camera thing has commentary? If not then I guess it be R Glos on one device and the video feed on another.
Yes, it's pretty much the same as iFollow.

I watched the Torquay v Crawley match and Radio Devon were covering it but for some reason they were only allowed one commentator in the ground so their summariser Kevin Nicholson? was at home watching on TV. with his mobile phone.
Farcically there was a massive time lag.

"Kev, what do you make of that goal"

"I don't know it hasn't happened yet"
Shade
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Anyone know if the BBC single camera thing has commentary? If not then I guess it be R Glos on one device and the video feed on another.
Yes, it's pretty much the same as iFollow.

I watched the Torquay v Crawley match and Radio Devon were covering it but for some reason they were only allowed one commentator in the ground so their summariser Kevin Nicholson? was at home watching on TV. with his mobile phone.
Farcically there was a massive time lag.

"Kev, what do you make of that goal"

"I don't know it hasn't happened yet"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Malabus
It would be around 6 seconds out of sync.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
Watching BBC online and listening to R Glos online both have a pause button. So manually syncing is no issue.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:
Watching BBC online and listening to R Glos online both have a pause button. So manually syncing is no issue.
When watching the play-off on Now TV it was not possible. If the picture tranmission is behind timewise to the audio stream, then it can be done.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes but I am talking about two streams. BBC video on smart tv and radio glos iPad. I just pause whichever is ahead and then play when the other catches up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Crewe lost 4-1 today. Let’s have them.