League Two Rivals Tonight

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
PittvillePundit wrote:If the Betfsir market says it's 4/6, it is....
If that’s the exchanges, then I advise you bet against Harrogate to win and score yourself a bank holiday bonus.
Shade
Well, that's the dream of potentially winning the title tomorrow over. No, I'm not giving Harrogate a hope of the draw now...

Last edited by Shade on 30 Apr 2021, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
triggo
FFS 4 4
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
PittvillePundit wrote:If the Betfsir market says it's 4/6, it is....
If that’s the exchanges, then I advise you bet against Harrogate to win and score yourself a bank holiday bonus.
Enjoy your winnings.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Well, that's the dream of potentially winning the title tomorrow over. No, I'm not giving Harrogate a hope of the draw now...

Dream of a Harrogate win died when they didn’t hold out to 60 mins. I remember provoking some mirth when I said that with a two nil HT lead I anxiously clock watch to 60 mins and celebrate when that point is reached. Tonight proving the rule.

Let’s hope they hold for a draw, although that still means we have to go all out for the win tomorrow.
ctfc-fan
5-4! Come on!!
triggo
this is stressful
ctfc-fan
Stay like this tonight, we win tomorrow and boom!
CTFCfan99
But but but I thought Harrogate can't win because they conceded in the 59th minute instead of the 60th?
Shade
COOOOOOOOOME OOOOOOONNNNN YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU (checks notes)
SULPHERIIIIIIIITES
Shade
All over!!!

One win or two draws seals the title no matter what the others do now. It's shame Harrogate didn't keep the three goal lead as a point tomorrow could have pretty much sealed it. As it is, Cambridge's goal difference remains one better.
triggo
so, beat either Newport or Harrogate and we are champions
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Dream of a Harrogate win died when they didn’t hold out to 60 mins. I remember provoking some mirth when I said that with a two nil HT lead I anxiously clock watch to 60 mins and celebrate when that point is reached. Tonight proving the rule.

Let’s hope they hold for a draw, although that still means we have to go all out for the win tomorrow.
Well that aged well...
vickeryc
Get in!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFCfan99 wrote:But but but I thought Harrogate can't win because they conceded in the 59th minute instead of the 60th?
Happy to say I was speaking utter b*llocks :lol:
evans123
Shade wrote:All over!!!

One win or two draws seals the title no matter what the others do now. It's shame Harrogate didn't keep the three goal lead as a point tomorrow could have pretty much sealed it. As it is, Cambridge's goal difference remains one better.
Two draws won't be enough if Bolton win both of their games.
vickeryc

Let's not be too greedy. I doubt many of us expected a draw tonight, never mind a Harrogate win! Let's hope, though, that there isn't a twist in the tail in two Saturdays time!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Dream of a Harrogate win died when they didn’t hold out to 60 mins. I remember provoking some mirth when I said that with a two nil HT lead I anxiously clock watch to 60 mins and celebrate when that point is reached. Tonight proving the rule.

Well that aged well...
Shorter shelf life than Mal’s countdown.
Shade
evans123 wrote:

Good point. I'm not expecting them to win at Exeter tomorrow so had written them off in that sense.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
asl wrote:

Well that aged well...
Shorter shelf life than Mal’s countdown.
Mockers always works. I've been doing it all season.
vickeryc
Shade wrote:
evans123 wrote:

Good point. I'm not expecting them to win at Exeter tomorrow so had written them off in that sense.
Really? They won at Morecambe last week!
Shade
Yeah with a Morecambe player sent off. Exeter have lost and conceded less than Morecambe, and have to win to keep their play-off hopes alive, and Bolton have also been up and down the last few weeks. I can see it being a draw, which will be enough for their promotion, and hopefully enough for us to be out of their reach.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bolton are at home, not that if that makes much difference in empty grounds.
Shade
If we and Harrogate both win our next games, it would be a unique circumstance of the League 2 champions playing the newly crowned FA Trophy winners in a league fixture the following weekend.
vickeryc
Shade wrote:Yeah with a Morecambe player sent off. Exeter have lost and conceded less than Morecambe, and have to win to keep their play-off hopes alive, and Bolton have also been up and down the last few weeks. I can see it being a draw, which will be enough for their promotion, and hopefully enough for us to be out of their reach.
Fair points and I hope your draw forecast is right. Exeter are unpredictable and if they turn up (let's hope) they're more than capable of getting something at Bolton. I wouldn't write Bolton off winning though!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bolton and Exeter level.

Morecambe leading...still a chance for Morecambe on the last day!
Shade
Top 3 all lose* :lol:

*it appears

What a division...Morecambe will probably sneak an automatic place next week.
vickeryc
Shade wrote:Yeah with a Morecambe player sent off. Exeter have lost and conceded less than Morecambe, and have to win to keep their play-off hopes alive, and Bolton have also been up and down the last few weeks. I can see it being a draw, which will be enough for their promotion, and hopefully enough for us to be out of their reach.
You were proven right, thank goodness! :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Exeter win but still marooned in eighth.

Nothing can be predicted but I reckon:

1. Cambridge win at home to Grimsby to finish second
2. Bolton draw or lose away at Crawley and finish fourth because...
3. Morecambe win at home to Bradford to finish third.
4. Exeter win at home to Barrow to finish seventh on 72 points, behind...
5. Newport who win or draw at Southend and...
6. Tranmere who win or draw at home to Colchester.
7. Forest Green draw or lose at Oldham to finish eighth.
paperboy
Thousands of disappointed Bolton fans outside their stadium after Exeter's stoppage time winner.
Ex Robin Matt Taylor happy but with an empty wallet....

Late winner sparks wild celebrations for Exeter as they win bet with manager

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ns-5366722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
Harrogate win delayed FA Trophy at Wembley.
Let's hope they have a good party!
Fuller
paperboy wrote:Harrogate win delayed FA Trophy at Wembley.
Let's hope they have a good party!
I watched most of the game on BT free to view today. It was an enjoyable game to watch and the Concord Rangers keeper had an absolute blinder.
Harrogate will certainly be no push over for sure.