ifollow - question for techies

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
I have an android tablet on which I hope to watch I follow etc ...

I have a "MHL Micro USB to HDMI TV Adapter Cable For Samsung Android Smart Phone 1080P HD" and I also have a HDMI Cable -

I have plugged the Micro USB Adapter into my Android (Samsung), and connected one end of the HDMI Cable into this, and the other end into one of the HDMI ports on my Sony TV, and selected the HDMI port. F all happens- any clues?
Shade
Try walking through it with these:
https://www.dummies.com/consumer-electr ... s%20screen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

https://computing.which.co.uk/hc/en-gb/ ... ne-to-a-TV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds stupid but you always have to check with these things - have you changed the input source on your TV?
Nesty
cheers Shade - yes , checked all that - I think it is a possibility that my tablet isnt HDMI capable
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:cheers Shade - yes , checked all that - I think it is a possibility that my tablet isnt HDMI capable
I find that any usb or micro-usb output to hdmi like that does not work.
Nesty
This claims to be a solution but its £30+ down the pan if it doesn't work, but money well spent if it does
ctfc-fan
Are you sure they don’t disable the output? Can’t see they would as they allow mirroring but some software does.
Shade
Do you know the models of your tablet and TV?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:Are you sure they don’t disable the output? Can’t see they would as they allow mirroring but some software does.
It works from a laptop if plugging a TV in as a second monitor.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:Are you sure they don’t disable the output? Can’t see they would as they allow mirroring but some software does.
It works from a laptop if plugging a TV in as a second monitor.
Harder to disable if not impossible.
itsallbollox
Nesty i tried all this last season, bought all the cables followed online videos but still didn't work, as you said money down the drain Nesty.think there is something on the ifollow stream that stops you doing it, even mirroring it doesn't work.
ctfc-fan
itsallbollox wrote:Nesty i tried all this last season, bought all the cables followed online videos but still didn't work, as you said money down the drain Nesty.think there is something on the ifollow stream that stops you doing it, even mirroring it doesn't work.
Mirroring worked for me onto a Samsung tv from an apple device IIRC.
Nesty
Its not just I follow I cant see - its anything - Samsung Galaxy
andgarod
Which samsung galaxy

I use a chromecast to watch BT sports on TV using a S6
but I follow via a cable to an asus chromebook ( bit slow and lots of buffering ) or HDMI cable to my laptop

I assume you can see things like BBC player on your galaxy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:Its not just I follow I cant see - its anything - Samsung Galaxy
Sounds like it is just a case of the micro-usb to HDMI output just doesn’t work.

“Your phone will need to support HDMI Alt Mode, which allows mobile devices to output video.”

https://uk.pcmag.com/mobile-phones/1343 ... to-your-tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
On the subject of iFollow, does anyone know for sure if it is returning again this year or still yet to be announced please?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Johnsons Red Army wrote:On the subject of iFollow, does anyone know for sure if it is returning again this year or still yet to be announced please?
Yet to be announced.

My assumption would be back to pre-Covid normal, but let’s wait and see.
Johnsons Red Army
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:On the subject of iFollow, does anyone know for sure if it is returning again this year or still yet to be announced please?
Yet to be announced.

My assumption would be back to pre-Covid normal, but let’s wait and see.
Ok thanks. That would be my assumption too but hoping that won’t be the case.