Match Atmosphere

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ladyrobin
When we visit other clubs, before the match they play music, songs etc that encourage participation from the crowd. It creates a “bonding” atmosphere. Clubs play fun music when they score. Can we do something similar? Rap music doesn’t inspire togetherness, we need songs like Hey Baby, Silver Lining.
I know the youngsters will be horrified at the thought of sixties,seventies music but at least everyone can join in. I have tried to join in with rap but it is just a monotonous drumming. I expect some abuse because I don’t get rap. But there must be something we can do to create an atmosphere.
Nesty
Dont get me started. I admire the work Jim does in the main but that (c)rap music he plays used to do my head in. As far as I could see it was someones personal taste being foisted on the public.
Red Duke
Nesty wrote:Dont get me started. I admire the work Jim does in the main but that (c)rap music he plays used to do my head in. As far as I could see it was someones personal taste being foisted on the public.
But isn't that exactly what you and Lady Robin want to do? Foist your personal tastes on others.
Nesty
I used to sit in the CF stand, and if you look at the average age of the regulars not many used to appreciate the bashing our eardrums got every game. I dont go now (health issues), so I cannot comment on what it is like now.

I am not trying to tell anyone exactly what to play.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Doesn’t matter what is played as the CF sound system is inaudible.