Team for Burton

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Assuming no more comings and goings before tomorrow, how would you set up the team?

I would go the classic Duffball 5-3-2 as follows

Evans

Blair
Long
Raglan
Pollock
Williams

Sercombe
Thomas
Wright

May
Brown

Subs to definitely bring on regardless:
Williams
Nlundulu
Bonds

If we are comfortably winning or losing I would also bring on Boyle for 15 mins, or potentially Bring on Hussey and give Williams a go in the back three. Long can then go RB and Blair pushed up if Sercombe or Wright need a rest.
Broadway Brian
I think that’s a likely starting line-up. I don’t think MD will differ from his trusted 5-3-2 although that does require a level of creativity from the wingbacks which has been missing this season compared to last.

Hopefully, the addition of Williams on the left will improve that - either through himself or by CH stepping his game up and maybe seeing more of the ball in the final third and through set piece with Crowley out of the picture.

For me:

Evans

B Williams
Raglan
Boyle
Pollock
Long

Bonds
Sercombe
Wright

May
Brown

I’d expect MD to start with Thomas though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Once Boyle is back we could have Long, Freestone, Hussey and Bonds on the bench and all of a sudden the defensive side of the match day squad looks solid.

Pollock, Raglan and Boyle would be a very strong back three.
Broadway Brian
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Once Boyle is back we could have Long, Freestone, Hussey and Bonds on the bench and all of a sudden the defensive side of the match day squad looks solid.

Pollock, Raglan and Boyle would be a very strong back three.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
horlickfanclub
Two mini strikers no good against Burton. I would start Williams and May. Broadway has the wing backs on the wrong sides.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 14:52 Two mini strikers no good against Burton. I would start Williams and May. Broadway has the wing backs on the wrong sides.
Is Williams bigger than Brown?
longmover
An injury free couple of months would be most welcome
joes dad
Hussey set to sign for Port Vale
Broadway Brian
horlickfanclub wrote:Two mini strikers no good against Burton. I would start Williams and May. Broadway has the wing backs on the wrong sides.
Broadway just listed the back 5 - no more than that.
HamTown
My monies on RCS's but with A Williams to start instead of Brown