New kit

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Nesty
I still hate that stupid crest
Si Robin
It looks much better without the black on it.

The only concern I have with it, and I absolutely love it otherwise, is that the stripes don't appear to continue onto the back of the shirt.
Shade
I absolutely hate the collar and that's enough for me to not buy it/want to wear it. The rest is alright. Previous shirt was much better imo.
CTFCfan99
Agree with Shade about the collar, don't think it's necessary - but otherwise really like it.
Artemis
I like it, and the crest is way better without the black in it.
Jerry St Clair
The biggest issue here is the appearance of a bucket hat in the photoshoot. This new fashion trend among football fans is one we should all be very, very concerned about.
Shade
Jerry St Clair wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 10:18 The biggest issue here is the appearance of a bucket hat in the photoshoot. This new fashion trend among football fans is one we should all be very, very concerned about.
:lol: immediately reminds me of fans on terraces in the 70's and 80's...hardly the best periods for English football, fan-wise.
Benny Profane
...................I always thought the new crest was cool, & the old one looked like any town/civic coat of arms.

Without the black though it doesn't look as cool, & red shorts............dull.

Red shirt,black shorts always look cool, especially with white socks.

Our new shirt, if won with red shorts, will make us look like Liverpool 84 Crown Paints era. I know its all subjective, but it's not a great look........bit bland, as same colour shirt/shorts kits tend to be.
Si Robin
Whilst I'm not a fan of the pigeon in a jester's hat (though it has grown on me), I also never got the fascination with the town crest.

For me the bouncing ball badge was so much better.

I completely disagree with you about the kit though, but one can't account for taste.
Warwickshire Robin
Like the shirt a lot, already placed the order! Maybe if the pinstripes don't go down the back as Si mentioned then they are expecting to wear the shirt in European competition next season?😆

Would have liked to have seen the kit in its full glory i.e. with full view of shorts and socks to see how it all goes together. My issue with Errea and our kits over the last few years is that there seems to be a lot of thought going into the shirt but the shorts and socks always seem to be an afterthought and very plain and look like a school PE kit! Also, find it a bit strange that the socks are white the same as the away kit but I guess they can always get a red set for when we play the likes of Bolton away etc.
London Exile
I think the new shirt looks superb, shorts not so much with the stripes at the bottom of them.
Personally would’ve preferred plain shorts but hey ho
Warwickshire Robin
London Exile wrote:I think the new shirt looks superb, shorts not so much with the stripes at the bottom of them.
Personally would’ve preferred plain shorts but hey ho
Oh yes, just seen the shorts, they dont look great.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk