Stale loses another!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
Couldn’t happen to a nicer club!

Dale Vince: Forest Green owner criticises Portsmouth's pursuit of director of football https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63075575
longmover
lol, the irony is not lost on him making comments about what needs to change in football :lol:

A number of his staff seem to go behind his back don't they.
Shade
No chat on here about FGR throwing away a 2-1 lead against 10 man, bottom of the table Burton to lose 3-2. Can't let that go undocumented :lol:
steveinblack
I'm not one to enjoy another clubs misfortune
No wait I am.
HA HA HA!
ctfc-fan
Don’t normally watch other teams highlights but this is definitely a good watch!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... highlights
Horteng
Dale will be in the market for a new manager very soon I think. The fans are restless
ctfc-fan
Not according to him on the radio yesterday. It’s the fans that are impatient apparently
CTFC.Harry
We will play them at home in April in essentially the same circumstances as in April 2018 where we have the ability to send them down with a win at Whaddon Road and we will crumble just you wait!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC.Harry wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 13:52 We will play them at home in April in essentially the same circumstances as in April 2018 where we have the ability to send them down with a win at Whaddon Road and we will crumble just you wait!
I was thinking about that game the other day. The beginning of the end for GJ. I can’t see Wade settling for that, and May etc will be relishing putting them to the sword.
Ihearye
You know what it's like. A depressing Monday and then something oops up to lift your spirits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJKKcryJfY0
Chris FGR
CTFC.Harry wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 13:52 We will play them at home in April in essentially the same circumstances as in April 2018 where we have the ability to send them down with a win at Whaddon Road and we will crumble just you wait!
We’ll already be down by then the way we’re looking, shambles on and off the pitch.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 15:45
We’ll already be down by then the way we’re looking, shambles on and off the pitch.
The new pie in the sky stadium/motorway services any closer to actually happening yet?
little mo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 15:34
I was thinking about that game the other day. The beginning of the end for GJ. I can’t see Wade settling for that, and May etc will be relishing putting them to the sword.
That game was the only time i have ever shouted at a Chelt manager. We are at home to a team that had already conceded 70+ goals and GJ plays one up top. Afraid i shouted to him "get another effing forward on". But he waited until about 10 or 15 mins from the end,too late. A draw would of sent them down as it happened.
ctfc-fan
Chris FGR wrote:
Will you keep the star if you’re relegated?!
Si Robin
little mo wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 16:44
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 15:34
That game was the only time i have ever shouted at a Chelt manager. We are at home to a team that had already conceded 70+ goals and GJ plays one up top. Afraid i shouted to him "get another effing forward on". But he waited until about 10 or 15 mins from the end,too late. A draw would of sent them down as it happened.
Not only that, but a team that had conceded a number of goals from the keeper being pressed and we kept our forwards back whenever their keeper had the ball.
Shade
ctfc-fan wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 17:11
Chris FGR wrote:
:lol:
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 16:30
Chris FGR wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 15:45
The new pie in the sky stadium/motorway services any closer to actually happening yet?
Well the planning application looks impressive… https://publicaccess.stroud.gov.uk/onli ... ab=summary

Seriously though it’s been slow progress, apparently work will start on training pitches on the site ‘soon’ apparently, although that’s been the case for a while. Vince reckons the stadium will be ready in 3 years or so, but that’s been the case for the last few years so who knows.
Chris FGR
Chris FGR wrote:
Italy still have 4 stars on their kit even though they haven’t qualified for the World Cup, so why shouldn’t we keep ours? ;)
ctfc-fan
Chris FGR wrote:
Chris FGR wrote: We’ll already be down by then the way we’re looking, shambles on and off the pitch.
Italy still have 4 stars on their kit even though they haven’t qualified for the World Cup, so why shouldn’t we keep ours? ;)
They’re for winning the World Cup though whilst Stale says yours are for climbing the leagues, so surely slipping down the leagues should result in you taking them off again?!
Ben version 4:0
There is only one man for the job, to suit the serial losers, the serial bottle jobs, the team that outspend everyone else 10-1 and still end up being c!#p.

We all know who that is, their next 'player coach' or manager. The man who can bring in Dawson as his #2. The man who will string Dale along like cooper did and IB is doing.

The man who loves losing like no others.

I'll offer odds on to anyone* their next coach and/or manager will be Karl Winchester. Oblivion beckons

*maximum stake applies
Chris FGR
We certainly aren’t outspending many teams this season. 3rd lowest budget in the division apparently.
Ten Bobsworth
Chris FGR wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 21:47 We certainly aren’t outspending many teams this season. 3rd lowest budget in the division apparently.
How's Cousin Vinny getting on selling his taxpayer-subsidised, debt -ridden business?
Chris FGR
Not sure, seems to be busy attending Labour and now Tory Party Conference’s as part of the Daily Express team.
Malabus
Thought FGR keeper should have done better for Burton's third.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Ten Bobsworth
Chris FGR wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 10:40 Not sure, seems to be busy attending Labour and now Tory Party Conference’s as part of the Daily Express team.
I doubt Vinny's ever paid 45% tax. Any ideas what happened to the million quid a year he was taking out of Ecotricity in interest-free loans or how he managed to afford to buy and maintain a £3million mansion on his modest salary?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 13:07
Chris FGR wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 10:40 Not sure, seems to be busy attending Labour and now Tory Party Conference’s as part of the Daily Express team.
I doubt Vinny's ever paid 45% tax. Any ideas what happened to the million quid a year he was taking out of Ecotricity in interest-free loans or how he managed to afford to buy and maintain a £3million mansion on his modest salary?
Didn’t he lose a fair chunk in his divorce? I assumed he was desperate for cash, or why else would he be taking a grubby pound from the vile Daily Express?
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 13:22
Didn’t he lose a fair chunk in his divorce? I assumed he was desperate for cash, or why else would he be taking a grubby pound from the vile Daily Express?
The divorce didn't cost him much but I fear you may be missing the point, RCS.

Mind you that's not unusual. There are extensive threads on 'Vince Watch' and 'The Bullshit Papers' on the boltonnuts. forum but it too is dominated by folk who persistently miss the point.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 15:47

Mind you that's not unusual. There are extensive threads on 'Vince Watch' and 'The Bullshit Papers' on the boltonnuts. forum but it too is dominated by folk who persistently miss the point.
I know the point you make is you are suggesting that he extracted money from Ecotricity (interest free loans, other tax efficient ways) to fund his lifestyle and that theee are accusations of fraud for personal gain alongside promises of jam tomorrow on the never never.

That was clear from your post - I was adding a further point to yours rather than missing it or arguing with it.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 16:27

I know the point you make is you are suggesting that he extracted money from Ecotricity (interest free loans, other tax efficient ways) to fund his lifestyle and that theee are accusations of fraud for personal gain alongside promises of jam tomorrow on the never never.

That was clear from your post - I was adding a further point to yours rather than missing it or arguing with it.
I'm sorry RCS but my questions are questions not accusations. You are jumping to conclusions just as idiotic Bolton supporters did in buying and wearing their NoKenDo T-shirts off Vince. They believed and still believe, in large numbers, the bullshit that appeared in the Bolton News and that was copied by most of the nationals (including the Grauniad).
I might say especially the Grauniad because there's bullshit history there.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 04 Oct 2022, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 17:52

I'm sorry RCS but my questions are questions not accusations. You are jumping to conclusions just as idiotic Bolton supporters did in buying and wearing their NoKenDo T-shirts off Vince. They believed and still believe, in large numbers, the bullshit that appeared in the Bolton News and that was copied by most of the nationals (including the Grauniad).
I might say especially the Grauniad because there's some history there.
Apologies. Please do explain.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 17:55
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 17:52

Its a long story RCS and one that's never been told. Dale Vince is really just a chapter in it but he portrays himself as someone disinterested in money and possessions yet buys a fortified mansion for the best part of £3million and draws £10million in interest-free loans from a heavily indebted loss-making company.

Has the media actually questioned him about it? Barely is the short answer.
ctfc-fan
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 17:52 I'm sorry RCS but my questions are questions not accusations. You are jumping to conclusions just as idiotic Bolton supporters did in buying and wearing their NoKenDo T-shirts off Vince. They believed and still believe, in large numbers, the bullshit that appeared in the Bolton News and that was copied by most of the nationals (including the Grauniad).
Its a long story RCS and one that's never been told. Dale Vince is really just a chapter in it but he portrays himself as someone disinterested in money and possessions yet buys a fortified mansion for the best part of £3million and draws £10million in interest-free loans from a heavily indebted loss-making company.

If he’s taking loans from the company then his accountants should be making him pay tax on the money at around 33% as you cannot owe your company money.
Ten Bobsworth
ctfc-fan wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 18:39
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

If he’s taking loans from the company then his accountants should be making him pay tax on the money at around 33% as you cannot owe your company money.
Oh yes you can. And if you're really smart you can make them disappear as if they never existed. That's what actually happened.
ctfc-fan
You definitely cannot and if what you say is true then that’s false accounting.
Ten Bobsworth
ctfc-fan wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 20:17 You definitely cannot and if what you say is true then that’s false accounting.
Nothing false about it. Its all in the audited accounts of Ecotricity Group. You can see them FOC on the Companies House file.

ttps://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03521776

If you want it explained check out Vince Watch on the boltonnuts forum.

Congrats to the Robins btw. Tonight's win was thorougly deserved.