What a stat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
Sorry if it shouldn't be in this section

FGR in the year 2023 have had 5 managers (one of those being an interim manager) and between them they have mustered just 5 league wins an average of one apiece. For the year pld 48 won 5 drawn 9 lost 34. We thought we were bad at times lol. To top it all off player manager Troy Deeney got sent off last night. Nice one Dale Vince
ctfc-fan
Love it. Hopefully that circus on the hill get dumped back into non league where they truly belong.
Robin
They've got to be in real danger of going back to back after to losing to an awful Swindle team last night too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Should this be in the jokes section :lol:
horlickfanclub
I'm wondering will the franchise stadium get built or scaled down if they get relegated.
Ihearye
it all makes sense now, that's what the stars on the shirts are for, MANAGERS!!
Malabus
When will Dale realise that his project has failed and walk away.
Building a stadium eight miles from the hill in Nailsworth and with a failing squad of players, Darlington comes to mind.
Robin
horlickfanclub wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 10:56 I'm wondering will the franchise stadium get built or scaled down if they get relegated.
Can't scale it down any more it was only a 6000 capacity which would make it the smallest possible to meet football league standards. He'll carry on regardless as it's not about the football team but the eco-park. No doubt they'll struggle to get more than 1500 inside when back in the conference.
Ben3
I feel sorry for the real fans. There’s about 500 who are the core, who love that club, who’ve worked tirelessly to keep it going. They have more in common with us than they have difference.

Everyone can see what’s coming. The circus on the hill just descends into the inevitable. They’ll go bust; the fans will save them; Vince will try to start another club.

When this happens we must put aside any manufactured rivalry and help them. They just love their club and it’s been hijacked by a chancer
shevates
Since Dale Vince took FGR over in 2010 they've gone through 13 managers of which I think I'm right in saying 10 have been sacked. Love to know what the compensation they've had to pay those 10
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 12:48 Since Dale Vince took FGR over in 2010 they've gone through 13 managers of which I think I'm right in saying 10 have been sacked. Love to know what the compensation they've had to pay those 10
And yet the hapless clown Cooper was given three or four years of underachievement before being sacked!
Lord Elpuz
Ben3 wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 17:29 I feel sorry for the real fans. There’s about 500 who are the core, who love that club, who’ve worked tirelessly to keep it going. They have more in common with us than they have difference.

Everyone can see what’s coming. The circus on the hill just descends into the inevitable. They’ll go bust; the fans will save them; Vince will try to start another club.

When this happens we must put aside any manufactured rivalry and help them. They just love their club and it’s been hijacked by a chancer
Yes, indeed. There was a time when diehard CTFC fans who were not travelling away to a Cheltenham game, would go up to Nailsworth and support the old Forest Green ‘black and white’ Rovers and there was a real affinity with the FGR fans.

Things got ugly once Stale Mince took over. A few ugly incidents from down the more recent years spring to mind: FGR Board treating our Chairman Paul Baker with disdain at FGR. Disabled fans not given seats. No running water in just 4 portaloos for over 1000 CTFC fans. To top it all, we had the arrogant O.T.C. coming on this Forum - when we were banned from theirs - goading us when they won 9 games on the spin at the start of the 2015/16 season. Whatever happened to O.T.C.?

We will have to put those differences aside once Stale Minces off into the sunset, and help the FGR club get back on their feet.
Jerry St Clair
Ben3 wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 17:29 I feel sorry for the real fans. There’s about 500 who are the core, who love that club, who’ve worked tirelessly to keep it going. They have more in common with us than they have difference.

No shadenfreude from me. It’s always the fans who suffer. If we all stuck together instead of indulging in petty rivalries, the game would be in a better state.
asl
I think OTC was banned from the FGR board, too...? Not sure why - that board still has plenty of sycophants and brown-nosers. I have been wondering if fgrvegan is DV, himself...
Lord Elpuz
asl wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 19:10 … I have been wondering if fgrvegan is DV, himself...
That’s an interesting shout. I must pay more attention to that individual’s posts from now on.
Malabus
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Yes, indeed. There was a time when diehard CTFC fans who were not travelling away to a Cheltenham game, would go up to Nailsworth and support the old Forest Green ‘black and white’ Rovers and there was a real affinity with the FGR fans.

Things got ugly once Stale Mince took over. A few ugly incidents from down the more recent years spring to mind: FGR Board treating our Chairman Paul Baker with disdain at FGR. Disabled fans not given seats. No running water in just 4 portaloos for over 1000 CTFC fans. To top it all, we had the arrogant O.T.C. coming on this Forum - when we were banned from theirs - goading us when they won 9 games on the spin at the start of the 2015/16 season. Whatever happened to O.T.C.?

We will have to put those differences aside once Stale Minces off into the sunset, and help the FGR club get back on their feet.
There were FGR fans that traveled and supported Cheltenham in the FA trophy final.