Bolton Wanderers v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

plymrob
Just the name of the last poster.... I'm thinking Nicky Jordan played for us?

Fuller? Horlick? Nesty? - Please bring back those memories.
nickyjordan
Im not the real Nicky Jordan by the way! Just my favourite player from 80s when I was growing up- his goal against Lincoln in the 3-3 thriller at home in the season Lincoln first got relegated will stay in my mind for ever!
Shade
CTFCfan99 wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 16:03
Shade wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 12:10 No chance. Lino definitely flagged for offside, and the ref wouldn't have talked to him about it if it was for a defender being blocked off.

Re Bradbury handball in the area. I know I'm biased, but I don't remember that!?
It was in the first half when he ended up on the floor with 2 Bolton players basically kicking him. He blocks a shot just before that which does hit his hand, but looks to me like it deflects off his body first: https://twitter.com/YasinAdam0/status/1 ... iGS3w&s=19
Ah yeah I remember him being kicked, on very deliberately not trying to get the ball at all, but the ball was fired at him from a yard away and he's falling backwards, what's he supposed to do?! Of course, Bolton fans reckon it was the most blatant stonewall penalty ever denied :roll:
Of course, they also reckon it was only our team that did anything wrong in the game, diving on the ball, fouling, etc, and the ref gave everything our way all night apart from the goal so they deserved a big decision their way...
1985CTFC
One thing I noticed against Bolton with regard to Bradley was that he never ventured up for the free kicks, which seemed strange as he is the most obvious to win a header in the box. He was the one to stay back, maybe he is our quickest player!!!! Would think he could be the decoy in the box for Sercs ball to LLoydy which we have now played twice very successfully. 1 goal and one disallowed goal.
Like to know DC's thinking with Bradbury staying back. But can't fault his thinking so far.