A centre forward and a left winger

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
...is what an angry DC has said he is after once Kinsella and "the loan defender" are confirmed tomorrow.

He also said he had to wait half an hour before he could grill the officials on why the Lloyd goal was ruled out.
CTFC.Harry
Very few free agent Centre Forwards about

-Connor Wickham- probably too glamorous for Cheltenham and costly too.
-Gary Madine- not played since last season.
Can certainly “put himself about”, as a brief glimpse of his Wikipedia will show you.
Edit: he’s also serving a driving ban so we can put a cross through that one

Hopefully there’s an out of favour CF somewhere, who can add 6 or 7 goals in the second half of the season, and fancies coming to Cheltenham. Or perhaps the club raid Ireland once more.
Robin
I would doubt we are looking at free agents as in out of contract. Either we use some of the Goodwin money and pay a fee for someone in the U-23 circuit or find a player not getting much game time at another league one side I'd imagine. Got to be several of them out there.

The left winger really surprises me when we don't play with wingers and do not have a right winger in the squad either.
horlickfanclub
Push Will Ferry up.
Warwickshire Robin
Maybe the left winger would be more for a 3-4-3 formation rather than an old fashioned wide player? As mentioned by Everyman on the Rumour Mill thread, Charlie Kirk is a good shout. A front 3 of Kirk, Street & Lloyd could be a handful.
Shade
DC said he wants a left winger as we don't have one in the squad and he wants the ability to be able to change things up. We have several right footed players who aren't terrible on the right, albeit not out-and-out wingers. Lloyd and Street both played there at times last night, and I'd suspect NBO could as well, and had some success. We played down the right a lot more than the left. We don't have a left-footed proper attacking player who can play over on that side, though.
1985CTFC
The fact that DC mentioned the left winger would suggest he has someone in mind and more than likely to get him. Kirk is a good shout.
Robin
Yes it's got to be someone like Kirk, if we could get the player who was at Crewe it would be a hell of a signing but less so the one who flopped at Burton last season and Charlton paid up early.