20 to go

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
20 matches to go. 10 home and 10 away.
30 points will give us 53 which you’d like to think will keep us safe.
The squad looks well covered but I’m sure like most will agree we need an experienced goalscorer.
You can guarantee DC will have the lads up for every game and there’s plenty of players here now who’ll be looking to earn a new or better deal, either here or elsewhere.
Seven wins and three draws should do it.
Everyone please get the behind the team for the rest of the season. They deserve it since DC came in.
robinsrule
Seven wins and three draws would be an extra 24 points so would only get us to 47 which would probably not be enough. Regardless of games in hand we need to start winning again really soon.
Broadway Brian
Let’s see if the club and the fans are up for it too.

Away changing room hot water and central heating should be switched off now until next autumn, cleaning should be superficial at best, broken pegs, tiles and benches can stay as they are.

Every opposition touch should be jeered and booed, and we should have sung ourselves hoarse by half-time. The paddock should be reserving a special welcome and grannies should be flicking oppo players the finger.

WR should be a vile, hostile, festering bear pit for the remainder of the season.

I’m still annoyed by last night!
Ralph
Broadway Brian wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 17:47 Let’s see if the club and the fans are up for it too.

Away changing room hot water and central heating should be switched off now until next autumn, cleaning should be superficial at best, broken pegs, tiles and benches can stay as they are.

Every opposition touch should be jeered and booed, and we should have sung ourselves hoarse by half-time. The paddock should be reserving a special welcome and grannies should be flicking oppo players the finger.

WR should be a vile, hostile, festering bear pit for the remainder of the season.

I’m still annoyed by last night!
Just like we used to do when a certain other person was in charge :lol:
Robin
I suspect the bar will be nowhere near as high as 53 points for survival this season but we will need a minimum of 45 points. I can't see Carlisle or Fleewood hitting that, Reading likely won't either if they get any further points deductions so it's just whether ourselves or Exeter can do. Seven wins and 3 draws MIGHT be enough.